Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
georgia game tv coverage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

georgia game tv coverage

Apr 26, 2014, 9:53 AM

what are the chances that our game with Georgia is on the sec network and not espn, abc, or cbs? I see right now that at&t and dish are the two carriers now if the game is selected to be placed on the sec channel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It depends on the scheduled time

Apr 26, 2014, 10:06 AM

There are not many games worth putting on the main ESPN channels that day. Only serious exceptions are FSU/OkState, Bama/WVU, PennState/UCF (maybe), and a few others. Especially if our game isn't a night game, there is a good chance it will be televised on ESPN or ESPN2 or even ESPNU. There aren't that many others to generate decent ad revenues. Too many easy openers scheduled for a lot of teams with decent audiences.

Hmmm?!

Apr 26, 2014, 10:08 AM

I was under the impression that they would only pick up mostly conference games. Thought the game received good ratings last year...... Would be shocked if another network didn't pick it up. dunno...... Not sure how all this football tv business works.

Week 1 TV schedule

Apr 26, 2014, 10:22 AM

Bama vs WVU 3:30 ABC/ ESPN2
FSU vs OKSU 8 PM ABC
Penn St vs UCF 8:30 ESPN2
LSU vs Wisc 9 PM ESPN

Still early but these are the games listed. But I wouldn't worry about our game being on SEC Net.

i believe sec net already has 2 for the week...

Apr 26, 2014, 10:38 AM

tamu v scar[haha]
temple v vandy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless it's changed, Utah St vs Tenn, SECN Sundee @ 7

Apr 26, 2014, 10:46 AM

Gosh, can't wait to see this one. They'll more than likely route USt and then let the sec homerism begin, "Tennessee is back folks."

awesome, paint me excited...

Apr 26, 2014, 10:48 AM

grabbing the trail mix.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm stoked as well.

Apr 26, 2014, 10:55 AM

I mean Michael McDonald in concert May 8th and now I hear of UT vs USt!! Wow, there is a God!!

Wow, FSU & Ok St. already announced?

Apr 26, 2014, 11:24 AM

From the looks of it, looks like that kills our Gameday chances.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, FSU & Ok St. already announced?

Apr 26, 2014, 11:28 AM

> From the looks of it, looks like that kills our
> Gameday chances.

Hope it's a noon game. Advantage for Clemson if earlier. Crowd won't be as drunk and loud.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

CORRECTION, Penn St. vs UCF game @ 8:30 AM

Apr 26, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Week 1 TV schedule ]

Game is being played in Dublin, Ireland. So there is a chance that ThUGA vs. CU could be on ESPN.

Re: georgia game tv coverage

Apr 26, 2014, 11:34 AM

LOL! some of you are finally catching on. FWIW, there is a very strong chance this game is on the new sec network. in fact, just this week OKTC was speculating on that.

That would actually be a very strong negotiating tactic by espn/ new sec network.

Can you imagine the howls of protest?! LOL

But, not to fear. For despite what tigerking and others are saying/hoping, ALL the major carriers will in fact be on board with this new behemoth network before the 1st kickoff of SC-aTm. These carriage rights negotiatings just take time. and the biggest dogs, i.e. direct tv and comcast-time warner, will invariably be the last dominoes to fall. But, trust me, fall they will.

ACC will be getting their own network as well

Apr 26, 2014, 11:42 AM

Not sure what you're so excited about

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

you are forgetting that the acc has an espn contract too,

Apr 26, 2014, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: georgia game tv coverage ]

right. i don't THINK swoffy is stupid enough to let this game help promote the new "sec network"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you are forgetting that the acc has an espn contract too,

Apr 26, 2014, 11:46 AM

ummm, Swofford and the acc have NO SAY on the matter. Home team, home conference, gets to make the decision.

Oh, and the "acc network" will probably be on line only. The concept of an "acc network" is frankly a joke. And espn knows that.

sec network gets left overs. they have almost no "say"

Apr 26, 2014, 11:47 AM

in the matter.

Re: sec network gets left overs. they have almost no "say"

Apr 26, 2014, 11:53 AM

well, if you are considering uga/ clemson "leftovers" that is on you.

Some of you seem to forget that espn is a partner in the new behemoth. They realize what a gold mine it is going to be. And it is in their interest to help promote it.

no, i'm considering you an idgit for even suggesting it.

Apr 26, 2014, 12:03 PM

the sec net, like sec tv/raycom/big10 gets the "leftovers" after all other networks with rights pass. cbs-abc-espn[x3] and whoever else have rights ALL > sec net.

espn is a partner in college football, can't avoid them, but i don't imagine for a moment they would do anything to upset 90+% of the whole by forcing a premier cross conf matchup such as uga-clem down that far to sec net. it will be a very quick way to end a lot of future sec v ooc mar-quee matchups. that's no bueno.

it's laughable that tamu-scar is taking it up the #### in the name of the sec net. that would have been a decent matchup that would normally find it's way to at least espn2. SEC SEC SEC

Coot football history is a joke...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: you are forgetting that the acc has an espn contract too, ]

Until then the major players in the SEC only laugh at y'all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot football history is a joke...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:55 AM

we will laugh all the way to the bank.

It seems you are not aware....

Apr 26, 2014, 4:18 PM

The ACC, as an athletic whole, brought in more money in the last season than the SEC. Revenue is split, and regardless, Clemson is not suffering from a lack of money. We can build whatever uSC can.

Not sure what bank you're heading to while laughing or why you're laughing...

Re: It seems you are not aware....

Apr 26, 2014, 4:45 PM

the Clemson admin and BOT refuses to properly fund athletics!this started with barker and it has not changed!!we are behind the dirty c$$ts in every sport and nothing will change until someone makes the admin and BOT do what they SHOULD WANT TO DO!!

oklahoma transportation center? that's huge...***

Apr 26, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: georgia game tv coverage ]

Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM

U can bet if there is any way to cut us out of free T/CV they will do it and swoffie and the Clemson admin will do NOTHING

Apr 26, 2014, 6:20 PM

I would be willing to bet that by the start of the season, all the major cable and sattelite carriers will offer the SEC network. People will cancel in droves if they do not.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic