Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ESECPN bias continues…….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

The ESECPN bias continues…….

Mar 15, 2013, 6:08 PM

look at these two articles about SCU and Clemson

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/61832/spurrier-gamecocks-taking-aim-at-title

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/53283/clemson-aims-to-be-in-national-title-picture

In the article about us they mention our defense as a concern, even though the defense was 1000x improved in the bowl game. They mention losing 2 starting DB's, but fail to mention the injuries we had at DB during the season and fail to mention Travis Blanks who will be playing safety who is better than Meeks or Hall. Also, Blanks played at Safety in the chicfila bowl and the pass coverage was much better in that game and Blanks had an interception. The article also fails to mention that a lot of younger defensive players who didn't start, got in a good number of plays last season. They also bring back up stumbling in the past to lesser teams, even though that didn't happen in 2012, and they bring up the Orange Bowl loss, as if it's not obvious that Clemson ain't that kind of team anymore.

On SCU, they only talk about Clowney and their past 3 years of success. The article is a sunshine piece, that doesn't bring up who they have lost or who they have replacing who they lost. The article fails to mention they have nearly zero experience at RB and WR, and they fail to mention that SCU lost 7 defensive starters. 7 starters who played most of the snaps.

So in the article on us they bring up us losing a few defensive starters, but mention nothing about the players replacing them. In the article on the coots they bring neither up. Not only, are the articles biased, but it's lazy journalism.

I bring this up, not to b**** and moan, but I want what happened right here in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvRzfCKRU38
to happen all season long this coming season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

typically, the comments on the coot article are all about CLEMSON.***

Mar 15, 2013, 6:36 PM

All day coots think about Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don't think it's bias...

Mar 15, 2013, 6:39 PM

So much as it's bad research. Anybody who's followed Clemson should know that the concern on defense isn't the guys we have to replace, but just having any consistency at all. We really can't get much worse than the guys we're replacing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love the video man. is that david pollack

Mar 15, 2013, 8:04 PM

ragging clemson at the beginning? Almost being arrogant and sarcastic at the thought of us doing well in the game? I've always liked the guy but geez if that's him i'm no longer a fan at all. I already know todd mccshay is a complete duche and hates Clemson so i'm already done with him. and lou, well, pray for that man. lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lou is all giddy talkin bout the EshEEShe

Mar 16, 2013, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Don't think it's bias... ]

How did his Fighting Irish fair vs the EshEEShe?

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can that be when two different people wrote

Mar 16, 2013, 8:02 AM

the two articles.

Now, if the same person wrote both...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My hope is...

Mar 16, 2013, 9:25 AM

That when this new NBC Sports network fires up ESPN will have to re look at some things. Over the years it went from a pure sports network with a passion for sports to a joke that passes poker and bowling off as entertainment.
I agree with you on the articles too. IIs there really ANY reason to mention the Orange Bowl? Is it relevant at all? Instead of mentioning that how about the fact that LSU had 0 yards in the 4th qtr (pointing to what CU's defense might be looking like next year).
Hopefully our play next year speaks for itself.

NBC Sports has been around awhile. It's not very good

Mar 16, 2013, 1:20 PM

and they don't have a lot of license.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are basing all your opinions off one game

Mar 16, 2013, 9:46 AM

And that's the Bowl Game. The game prior Clemson was beat by a backup QB, Running back by committee, and a hurt WR. The sack record for memorial stadium was set that day.

So if you look at the whole, not the pieces, it's a different story.

truth hurts. well said.

Mar 16, 2013, 11:21 AM

USC's talent level is about to drop immensely though. just watch. Dabo is doing things right.

bs! connor shaw was ready and available, sos used the uh,

Mar 16, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to You are basing all your opinions off one game ]

so called back-up dylan, to exploit our not so stellar pass coverage skills. y'all football illiterate coot fans aren't even smart enough to know a good coaching move (by your own hc,no less) when it hits you in the head!

Connor Shaw had a broken foot sparky***

Mar 17, 2013, 8:58 AM

N

he was ready to play. the 'ol ball sack himself stated that.

Mar 17, 2013, 9:02 AM

try again.

And... you forgot to mention...

Mar 16, 2013, 11:50 AM

they got you posting links and conversing about their articles on tigernet.

they win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ESECPN bias continues…….

Mar 16, 2013, 1:07 PM

I agree with your assessment of Clemson but how can you say Carolina has zero experience at WR and RB? Just asking?

'cause we can. the zero refers to quality experience.

Mar 16, 2013, 11:12 PM

who y'all have returning isn't near as effective as who y'all lost at those positions.

coots obsessed with clemson

Mar 16, 2013, 7:14 PM

Yet OP

coots obsessed with clemson

Mar 16, 2013, 7:16 PM

Yet OP brings it to tigernet. Clemson loses players but it is ok , dabo is doing it right. Usc loses 7 starters and they will suck. What????? This thread is none but throwing stones in a glass house.

^^^^and this is one of the biggest^^^^

Mar 16, 2013, 11:19 PM

this is t-net, we are clemson fans, and put a positive reflection on our team. i went to one of the usuc sites once, and what i see here is no where near as delusional as what i saw on fgf.usuc fans have got to have the lowest football iq of any fan base i have ever seen, and it's not even close.

Coot writers, sec pumpers and spurrier worshipers will

Mar 16, 2013, 9:55 PM

say that every time.

Re: The ESECPN bias continues…….

Mar 18, 2013, 2:03 PM

That is why you should quit reading the garbage they write on that site. I never go to that site for anything and will not.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Confusing biases...replacing your own Orange...

Mar 18, 2013, 5:27 PM

biases in place of the "supposed" ESPN bias.

Was the 2011 team ....

the one which took the 70-33 loss in the Orange
Bowl or the team which played the regular season.

Was the 2012 defense....

the problem child of the 2012 season or the one game
performance in the bowl.

ESPN is taking the easy odds that the bowl game was the outlier.

lsu wanted to impose their will on us with the running game.

Mar 18, 2013, 5:50 PM

they bought into the - sec players are bigger,faster and stronger than acc players- propaganda that espn and just about every other media outlet- had/has been spewing, and we just proved that theory wrong. however, as a defense, you could see improvement each and every game, except in the secondary, where we were hit very hard by injuries, and did not have the depth needed to overcome it. lsu played right into our strengths by trying to run over us, as they had usuc. if espn would sit back and take a serious look at the teams, and not the conference they play in, they will see that the lsu game is just a prelude to what they will see out of clemsons' defense as we continue to add quality depth.

Re: yet to be seen......or was it an outlier vs that just

Mar 18, 2013, 8:08 PM

a month earlier...the same defense gave up 310yds\3 TDs to SC and 500 yds\5 TDs to NCState. Which are more in line with the performance of the defense on average for the season.

Again...odds are that the Chic-fil-a bowl game are as little a representation as the Orange Bowl performance.

Why is the lsu game more indicative

Mar 18, 2013, 5:53 PM

of what is to come than the USC game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Why is the lsu game more indicative

Mar 19, 2013, 9:59 AM

because they actually won that game

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic