Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was driving home during the Iron bowl. Can someone explain the end of the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I was driving home during the Iron bowl. Can someone explain the end of the

Nov 30, 2019, 9:18 PM

second quarter to me? I read lots of people complaining about the SEC refs on that one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they put one second on the clock ..

Nov 30, 2019, 9:20 PM

but auburn had no more time outs..thus the clock should have started on the whistle.but it didnt start..they got to snap the ball and kick a fg before half time

Re: they put one second on the clock ..

Nov 30, 2019, 9:37 PM

Auburn snapped the ball on the whistle and therefore was a legal play. They set up their field goal team during the timeout for review - as in on the line, hand on the ball and ready to snap the ball on the whistle. Ball only needs to move within that one second for play to be live.

Auburn won.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

yes but standard they stand over the ball

Nov 30, 2019, 9:38 PM

had they done their job right the second would have just ticked off

Re: yes but standard they stand over the ball

Nov 30, 2019, 9:41 PM

well, we agree to disagree...btw, it appears that i am in agreement with the refs... Have you never seen the ball in teh center's hand ready to snap while the officials are ensuring the play is ready to begin before?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes but standard they stand over the ball

Nov 30, 2019, 9:44 PM

Apparently you and the refs are stupid. Had they done their job right, Auburn would never had enough time to get up to the ball with their kicking team to snap the ball and kick a field goal. That stupidity by the refs gave Auburn a timeout to figure out what to do and stand over the ball when the whistle was sounded.

COOT ALert ^^^

Nov 30, 2019, 9:46 PM

well, please, put the pipe down and walk away. it is affecting your thought process. Oh, wait. Nevermind. Coots don't know how to think or even having a conversation without calling people stupid.

Silly coot.

BTW, toilet bowl is calling.

He’s right

Dec 1, 2019, 7:57 AM

This was one of the problems that video review creates. Nobody is arguing that there was :01 second left. The problem is that they reviewed the play to get the clock right. Thus giving Auburn time to run their kicking unit on the field. Auburn had no timeouts and couldn’t have spiked the ball to stop the clock. The only way they would have had time to run another play was with intervention from the refs.

If the play is correctly ruled dead with :01 seconds, the chains move and the clock starts once they move. Auburn would have had no chance to get the kicking team on the field before the clock restarted.

Saban was right to be pissed because the refs letting the clock expire was the break Auburn needed to have a chance to kick the FG.

The fallout of this is that you shouldn’t be allowed to sub players in that situation.

Re: He’s right

Dec 1, 2019, 9:33 AM

Saban is 100% right to be mad about the call - it was a rules travesty. However, it 100% could not have happened to more deserving bunch.

Rule change certainly needed. Common sense says not to

Dec 1, 2019, 12:22 PM [ in reply to He’s right ]

review it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He’s right

Dec 1, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to He’s right ]

Absolutely right. As much as I dislike Saban, he was justified in being mad about that. The time should have never been reviewed because there was not even enough time on the clock for a spike.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COOT ALert ^^^

Dec 1, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to COOT ALert ^^^ ]

dint know whether he is a coot, but he clearly considers himself as having an interest that goes way beyond simply wanting to see established rules upheld.

Not sure, but maybe SEC refs outting 1 more sec on clock..

Nov 30, 2019, 9:21 PM

to help Bama. Nope, Auburn!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was driving home during the Iron bowl. Can someone explain the end of the

Nov 30, 2019, 9:24 PM

2 minute drill situation. Auburn has the ball and is driving without any TOs. With a few seconds to go, they are at mid field. Throw the ball down field to get into FG range. The clock appears to go to zero.

The refs then go to replay to see if there was time on the clock. It is determined that there is 1 second. During that review time, Auburn is able to get the FG team in place on the field. When the game went live, everything was set up for Auburn just to snap it immediately.

If they had gotten the call right on the field... auburn wouldn’t have gotten the set up time. There wasn’t enough time to spike the ball either.

It is a legitimate grip. Consequence of the review process. But that’s part of the game.

but it shouldn’t be a part of the game. No timeouts = no

Dec 1, 2019, 12:24 PM

review.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I was driving home during the Iron bowl. Can someone explain the end of the ]

that was among the most accurate reports I've seen. However, it is the commentary by all which is troubling.

Did Auburn do anything wrong? I truly do not know the rules well enough, but I strongly suspect not. I do suspect, after seeing both sides presented that Auburn took advantage of what they had to work with.

Did the refs screw up? Again, my knowledge of the rules doesn't provide me any foundation for an opinion, but the review process did not produce an immediate decision and I doubt the significance of the decision was lost on them. So, without knowing more, I'm giving the refs the benefit of my doubt.

Finally, and again not knowing the pertinent rules, and being also surprised if anyone here does (I saw no citations) it looks like a gap in the rules favored Auburn.

As an afterthought, have you ever seen a man in control of himself throw a tantrum like Saban did? That was disgusting.

Nov 30, 2019, 9:24 PM

AU got a first down and timed appeared to run out. However after review a second was out put back on clock. AU lined up for FG and snapped ball when ref whistled clock to start. Fg was good. AU got a break because if it been called that way originally theres no way they would have been able to a FG try.

Dec 1, 2019, 8:52 AM

With one second on the clock you can not legally get a play off. By rule all players have to be set for one full second after the ball is marked ready for play. This does not include before the ball is ready. Alabama got screwed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 9:15 AM

The replay process disrupted the flow of the game and gave Auburn the chance to score 3 extra points.

The replay process disruption to the natural flow of the game has been my gripe for a while.

If they can find a way to use technology without disruption to the game flow then fine, but what we saw on Saturday stinks.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic