Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard a sports writer say that in 2020, NFL teams will
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,650

Heard a sports writer say that in 2020, NFL teams will

Jan 8, 2019, 11:30 AM

be lining up in "tanking for Trevor."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard a sports writer say that in 2020, NFL teams will

Jan 8, 2019, 11:32 AM

Yea I hope it’s the panthers. Good bye Cam. But I’m sure he will have a career year in his contract year. Ugh.

Re: Heard a sports writer say that in 2020, NFL teams will

Jan 8, 2019, 12:07 PM

He's definitely going to the Panthers, if his life and career continues upon its "anti-clockwise" pattern ...... Born in Tennessee, High School in Georgia, College in South Carolina ...... That leaves North Carolina as the only destination for his pro career.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They shouldn't have to

Jan 8, 2019, 11:32 AM

Trevor Lawrence will benefit from one more year in college football. But after next year he shouldn't have to play a 3rd year if he wants to go to the NFL. There's going to be a lot of talk about this over the next 12 months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: They shouldn't have to

Jan 8, 2019, 11:41 AM

He will stay 4 years and render your point moot. He’s not in it for money. He’s in it for the joy of the game, like his hero Peyton Manning and team leader Christian Wilkins.

Great, that would be incredible for Clemson

Jan 8, 2019, 11:59 AM

I'm just saying he should have the option if he wanted to leave. Why should he be forced to stay 2 more years if he wanted to play in the NFL? If he stays healthy then he will be more than ready for the NFL after next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Great, that would be incredible for Clemson

Jan 8, 2019, 12:09 PM

I like the rule. Vast majority of players are physically ready so young. Besides, why ruin college football? I wish they had to stay and get their degree first, making most play a full 4 years.

Jan 8, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Great, that would be incredible for Clemson ]

A lot of people complain about the rule, but I don't see it any different from a job position requiring a 2 or 4 year degree, and/or a certain amount of work experience. A lot of jobs require degrees of any type that aren't necessarily directly related to what the job requires, and the job will provide training once the person is hired.

I just see this as the NFL's version of what a lot of real world jobs require. The NFL wants 3 years of college experience before they'll hire you. I don't look at that as unfair at all.

Jan 8, 2019, 12:20 PM

Well put. More eloquently captured my thoughts.

yeah the funny part will be when he

Jan 8, 2019, 11:33 AM

comes back for a 4th Natty

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah the funny part will be when he

Jan 8, 2019, 11:35 AM

Listen to him, he said 3 more. He likes school and that life. He’s not in a hurry to go anywhere.

Jan 8, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to yeah the funny part will be when he ]

I think he plays 3 full seasons before he Declares. Just my gut feeling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'd love to have him for 4 years, but we can't put much stock into anything he says right now. Even if he currently believes 100% that he's staying all 4 years, that doesn't mean he won't think different 2 years from now when being the #1 pick in directly in front of him.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,650
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic