Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
News and notes from Tuesday's scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Aug 17, 2010, 6:04 PM

Quarterback Tajh Boyd says he is feeling more comfortable with the speed of the college game, and offensive coordinator Billy Napier said he thinks the scrimmage was good for Boyd's development. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow- not flattering for Buice

Aug 17, 2010, 6:09 PM

no specifics but that just didn't sound good. hopefully coachspeak for motivating

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow- not flattering for Buice

Aug 17, 2010, 6:13 PM

I have noticed with Billy that when he says stuff like this - it usually has a pretty specific purpose. In this case, I am thinking motivation, like you said.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2010, 6:14 PM [ in reply to wow- not flattering for Buice ]

a lot of true freshmen are not ready for the big time right off the bat. nothing wrong with that. ask bryce mcneal if he is better now or a year ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2010, 6:25 PM

exactly. kid probably needs a year in the weight room.

Aug 17, 2010, 9:36 PM [ in reply to wow- not flattering for Buice ]

Its deinitely not flattering...Remember how they spoke about Ellington and Rod McDowell when they were freshmen? I expected better from him considering his speed and frame. That comment speaks volumes...

Re: News and notes from Tuesday's scrimmage

Aug 17, 2010, 10:11 PM

"Boyd completed 9-of-20 passes for 68 yards and two touchdowns. He threw a two-yard scoring pass to tight end Dwayne Allen and a 25-yarder to Jamie Harper, ..."

“Playing without Kyle was a great experience for Tajh,” Napier said. “He did really well, and the guys around him did really well. Now, they were going against the second group [second team defense] the whole day, so we expected them to do well. It was good experience for him to get out here. We actually challenged him, and he showed up. I am pleased with him.”

Does anyone else think that going 9 of 20 for 68 yards is impressive against a 2nd team defense?? A 45% completion percentage and the coaches are pleased and call that a job well done?? Not trying to be a debbie downer, but we need Tahj to be FAR MORE PRODUCTIVE PASSING than that, especially when running 1st team offense vs 2nd team defense. Call me crazy, but I'm worried.

Crazy

Aug 17, 2010, 10:22 PM

it's mid August and he's our #2 QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crazy

Aug 17, 2010, 10:26 PM

Maybe, but football starts 2 weeks from this upcoming weekend and as soon as KP steps out there, anything can happen that would thrust TB as the 1st string QB. I support the guy, just will have to wait and see how he plays in real game situations, assuming Dabo actually sends him out there in the early games like he says he will.

let's say Parker does get hurt....

Aug 17, 2010, 10:42 PM

Boyd will be playing in 2 cupcake games, then will have a week before he starts a big game.

PLUS the practice time in between now and then. So basically, he has a month.

Make it better?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2010, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: News and notes from Tuesday's scrimmage ]

Well don't worry because, our 2nd team defence is as good as alot of teams 1st. Boyd is still very green at running 1st team offence. I believe Boyd is going to be just fine. And with the confidence he's gaining, he will live up to the hype....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2010, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: News and notes from Tuesday's scrimmage ]

I don't care if he went 5-20 as long as two of those were TDs and he moved the chains whenever he was in there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 18, 2010, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: News and notes from Tuesday's scrimmage ]

Some of the scrimmage was situational, and in goal line and short yardage situations, there is not much room to get open. Those passes are not as sure a thing as in mid field. Don't expect a high percentage of completions in a situational drill where he offense doesn't have much room to operate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2010, 9:18 AM

I was thinking the same thing - we don't know anything about what happened on the misses - was he flushed from the pocket and had to choose between a sack and an incompletion? If so, the incompletion is a wise choice. Similarly, in the 2-minute situation, an incompletion that stops the clock can be better than a completion that gains only a couple yards while the clock winds.

In short, we just don't have enough information right now. Everyone just cool out...

I believe an article I read said it was a rain-soaked day*****

Aug 18, 2010, 8:40 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic