Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the

Feb 22, 2013, 9:47 PM

percentage that our two benefactors need to make some decent money..after starting this site in 1995 when they were Clemson students.

ClemsonNation, Ladies & Gentlemen...this is terrible and I can't believe we think we can enjoy this site that helps unite so many of us with fabulous & timely Clemson news, as well as the ability to post our personal feelings about all the Tiger Teams.

Many of you have become like Family to me in that I love to read what you have to say..and I would die if I knew you were a freeloader...as I was for awhile without realizing this was a case of two spirited, talented & dedicated Clemson Men who wanted to offer a unique service..that might make them some income too.

Hey, let's all see if we can do better with opening our wallets and give back to a forum we love so much. Thanks from your Clemson friend, "Lightbulb" Bill

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hve you broken your nose yet ?***

Feb 22, 2013, 10:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That brown stain is not dried blood. HTH***

Feb 22, 2013, 10:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the

Feb 22, 2013, 10:24 PM

Are the poor freeloaders?I know a lot of poor people who buy the Clemson brand,such as hats clothing etc.What about outlets that are just for fans weather poor or well off that sell Clemson only products.I know a family who spends anywhere from 500 to $1000 year on Clemson stuff and have never even been to the Valley or Clemson;but they love CU and their Tigers.Times are hard these days,maybe the ones you call freeloaders just dont have it to give.

G4434
???????
pto?chos
pto-khos'
From ??????? pto?sso? (to crouch; akin to G4422 and the alternate of G4098); a beggar (as cringing), that is, pauper (strictly denoting absolute or public mendicancy, although also used in a qualified or relative sense; whereas G3993 properly means only straitened circumstances in private), literally (often as noun) or figuratively (distressed): - beggar (-ly), poor.
Jas 2:2 For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in,
Jas 2:3 and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, "You sit here in a good place," while you say to the poor man, "You stand over there," or, "Sit down at my feet,"
Jas 2:4 have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
Jas 2:5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?
Jas 2:6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court?
Jas 2:7 Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?
Jas 2:8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing well.
Jas 2:9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
Jas 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.
Jas 2:11 For he who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.
Jas 2:13 For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
Jas 2:16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
Jas 2:17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
Jas 2:18 But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe--and shudder!
Jas 2:20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"--and he was called a friend of God.
Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
Jas 2:25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
Mat 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
Mat 5:43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
Mat 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Mat 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
Mat 5:47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
Mat 5:48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

My goodness. we are only talking about 25 bucks for

Feb 22, 2013, 10:32 PM

a fine forum on Clemson.

The mere price of a fine cap.

Re: My goodness. we are only talking about 25 bucks for

Feb 22, 2013, 10:59 PM

Listen my friend I took your comment as rude:I know of a man yesterday;a retired Vet who has a peace of metal in his neck almost died doing work he does not need to do just to earn extra money for his family.He finished the job,but it almost killed him.He lay on the ground couldnt breath and layed there for 15 to 20 minutes before he could move right now he cant pay you your 25 bucks but he and his family loves them some Clemson Tigers.Last month they ran out of food they didnt beg or ask anyone for anything they were sustained by Christ.Some people use your site just to get information on the Team they love,they just might support in ways that are more menial.Sorry for the ENGRISH I aint gona spell check finding it hard to breath.God bless Dabo & staff God bless the Tigers God bless all you students even if you come across like a Pharisee sometimes.

wow , I take it you cannot read or are just possessed

Feb 22, 2013, 11:09 PM

you stated that you knew many who spent $$ on Clemson gear, I simply stated that if they could afford that, they could send a little T-net way.

I aint REAL stupid, (know what I'm sayin)

Re: wow , I take it you cannot read or are just possessed

Feb 23, 2013, 12:51 AM

Does T-Net,get any money from the University or is only support through donations?

No $$$ except from donations.

Feb 23, 2013, 6:18 AM

I understand there are some who cannot afford to pay. Life is hard. I have money to spend on sites like this and am happy to support it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow , I take it you cannot read or are just possessed

Feb 23, 2013, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: wow , I take it you cannot read or are just possessed ]

Why don't you ask that question "off blog" of the TNet staff and they will give you a straight forward answer. They answered that question during a recent membership drive. Tnet staff does an incredible job considering that they work at other jobs in order to support themselves and their "habit"of providing the Tnet site.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My goodness. we are only talking about 25 bucks for

Feb 23, 2013, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: My goodness. we are only talking about 25 bucks for ]

jheaton123, young man, you need help, and I mean that in a positive way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2013, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the ]

Times are tough. But you would hope that 25% of those that frequent this site could afford 3$ per month. I have had times where that wasn't possible, but since I can now, I support the site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

I don't even have to copy and paste to refer you to...

Feb 22, 2013, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the ]

a more applicable scripture.

"...Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn...."

Seems like that somewhere around the 9th or 10th chapter of the first letter to the Corinthians.

You can pay or not pay, that's between you and your god but don't use my God to justify your being a tightwad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2013, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the ]

jheaton123, so if I understand you correctly,you can't find $50 anywhere in your annual budget to be a financial contributor to TNet? The difference between you surviving and being able to contribute to TNET is less than $50. If I may offer a suggestion in light of your scripture quoting, why don't you find another line of work and then maybe you could afford to contribute to TNet and the church of your choice. But what you do is, of course, up to you but the poor mouthing is a little much. Incidentally, Obama can't run for President again, so at some point, you will have to fend for yourself. It is not hard to do, you just have to work at it!

You are right, bill. Tnet is worthy of a contribution!***

Feb 22, 2013, 10:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have noticed non payers are more likely TDed.***

Feb 22, 2013, 10:42 PM

I contribute to this site because

Feb 22, 2013, 10:48 PM

I think it is wonderfull . I live far away from Clemson now but it keeps me in contact.

I but heads with Crump once in a while but that to is well worth it.

I do not think that $2.10 a month is too much to ask !

I have paid in the past and would gladly pay 2X + now ...

Feb 22, 2013, 10:51 PM

If the moderators take the Coot trash out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awww, coots coots coots

Feb 22, 2013, 10:55 PM

so sick of hearing about coots, whatever they are.

Man up and deal............we know who u are , not an issue

Feb 22, 2013, 10:53 PM

The number of donors would go back up if they would clean the place back up.

Clean out all the feathered posters who are here to do nothing more than cause trouble.

Look at posters like soccer2103 as a prime example of why many are stopping their donations not continuing them or upping them.

null

Feb 22, 2013, 11:23 PM

Hey lightbulb,have you priced gasoline lately?
Did your health insurance cost go down while your salary stayed the same,or even went up?
Priced corn flakes,or coffee with in the last month?
Opened a $ 4.59 cent bag of Lays to see how much air is in it?
Had to buy new tires?
When I opened my wallet this morning,I had two dollars,and it wasn't a two dollar bill with a Clemson Tiger paw on it.
I would love to be a donor,so I guess you will just have to die while us freeloaders can take advantage of something that is free.
Of course,I guess I could allways go the offical Clemson web site if needed.
And what do you consider decent money?It's probably a lot more than what I make.

Cut out the chips and send the money to crump.

Feb 22, 2013, 11:25 PM

T-net won't clog your arteries you old tightazz.

Feb 22, 2013, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the ]

Well maybe you should be smarter with your money and not by #### like Lays potato chips.

null

Leftie, it is a case of whatever you drink, a twelve of

Feb 22, 2013, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the ]

the good stuff.

Feb 23, 2013, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Dang..only 11% of us are Tnet paying members..and 25% is the ]

Perhaps the money you make, leftie, is because of your attitude. Just re-read some of your post, uhhh, before you post them.

Guilty and will fix soon but deleting posts was unacceptable

Feb 22, 2013, 11:36 PM

Telling me not to argue with fake Clemson fan trolls and deleting my posts when all I did was recite some lines from the movie "Taken" and webmasters giving the benefit of the doubt to Gamecock fans HAD CERTAIN CONSEQUENCES.
But I am nearly over it. So you probably made a sale today.
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. But if you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a particular set of skills. Skills developed over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."
It gets a bit more menacing after that --- but I was only speaking metaphorically. I think.

Okay --- I renewed***

Feb 22, 2013, 11:43 PM

Seems like you are easily swayed.***

Feb 22, 2013, 11:43 PM

I remember giving the preacher 1000 dollars for a new gym

Feb 22, 2013, 11:45 PM

when he made it seem like the only way not go straight to hxxx.

Why don't you just shut-up? You're making me look dumb***

Feb 22, 2013, 11:46 PM

If I knew it was gonna flip your chit to spend a few bucks..

Feb 22, 2013, 11:50 PM

I wouldn't have pressed so hard.

lol, they need to allow donors to point the same poster ...

Feb 22, 2013, 11:47 PM [ in reply to I remember giving the preacher 1000 dollars for a new gym ]

as many times in a row as they want.

That's something, you donate and now nobody will talk to you excep me and I'm really effed up inthehead.

LOL, I saw those and was entertained but...

Feb 22, 2013, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Guilty and will fix soon but deleting posts was unacceptable ]

you have to understand something about T-net management. They are like water, they take the path of least resistance. You and I know that the coots who complained didn't really feel threatened by the comments. I mean, everybody know where that quote comes from.

If you complain about something management feels responsible to respond to the complaint. That goes as well if someone complains about you. I know it's reactive and not proactive but these guys majored in computers not business.

I know, it's chickenchit to run to the teacher and cry about something but that's the way this thing runs.

If somebody bashes Clemson and you don't want to run to crump, send me a t-mail. I don't mind running the chickenheads off this board. I don't feel the least guilty. If that's a problem it's my problem.

Crmp, if you read this remember, I'm trying to help.

Thanks --- I'll take you up on that***

Feb 22, 2013, 11:47 PM

Feb 23, 2013, 12:30 AM

I cancelled my donation in favor of other websites due to the archaic forum format that is still used here.

While the information can be good sometimes, there is no reason why the forums can't be upgraded to something from this century.

What type of PHPBB forum do you want?

Feb 23, 2013, 11:28 AM

This classic HTML format is great, you can go to Board Settings and customize it to how you like...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yet you're only white level***

Feb 23, 2013, 12:55 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Look at me! Look at me! I donated more than him!"***

Feb 23, 2013, 6:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Bill, I like to contribute simply because I enjoy the site,

Feb 23, 2013, 6:15 AM

and I feel like I'm helping out some good, ole Clemson boys who have dedicated a lot of hard work toward running it. I, also, know a lot of folks simply are stretched financially, and I believe my contribution helps in a small way to keep the site open for them. My only recommendation to others would be to consider a donation, if affordable, for I believe additional revenue will only serve to improve the site.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all honesty there are no benefits of donating.

Feb 23, 2013, 6:47 AM

It's 100% generosity.

There's something in these hills.

look up "benefactor". I see this mistake a lot :)

Feb 23, 2013, 6:56 AM

Signed: grammar po po

Feb 23, 2013, 8:17 AM

I joined using the military level membership a year or so ago, but I spend about an hour a day checking Tnet for updates so I just guilted myself into joining at the $80 a year level since I can afford it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Thx Tnetters for your posts on being or not being paying....

Feb 23, 2013, 11:35 AM

members of this site. Didn't mean to rile y'all up one way or the other since I know the economy is very tight..and might not get any better with an administration bent on spending more than we have..as well as taxing the rich (anybody in that group?!)..and finally their seemingly not understanding that hiring more federal employees isn't the long-term answer to creating renewable wealth as a new business might.

Saying, the bottom line was that I only meant to relay the fact (one I had just read) where Tnetters were "still" at the low 11% mark of contributing to a site that was giving us a lot to enjoy about our Clemson Tiger Sports...and the two owners (Çlemson Boys who set this site up while students in 1995)..had stated that a 25% paying membership would be where they could feel better financially due to having regular jobs..and they worked off hours on the site...and with a higher membership they might be able to devote their efforts full-time to TigerNet..which "might" help them get the Coots off (not really since I like free communication if done honestly from all fans).

GoTiGERs..and GoTiGER NeT

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic