Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Toss up question for the board...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 553

Toss up question for the board...

Sep 11, 2020, 11:48 AM

For the upcoming Trump-Biden debates, will the candidates be able to bring pre-prepared notes to their respective podiums? I know that they can make any notes they want once they are on stage. What do you all know about this?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if they will, but I don't know why it

Sep 11, 2020, 11:49 AM

wouldn't be allowed. Are they not typically allowed?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no they are not typically allowed***

Sep 11, 2020, 11:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmph. I would change that if I were king of the world.***

Sep 11, 2020, 11:52 AM

Re: Hmph. I would change that if I were king of the world.***

Sep 11, 2020, 5:33 PM

Seriously, why?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no they are not typically allowed***

Sep 11, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to no they are not typically allowed*** ]

Re: I don't know if they will, but I don't know why it

Sep 11, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to I don't know if they will, but I don't know why it ]

Will Joe and his handlers try to cheat by sneaking him questions, answers or getting notes to his lectern? I'd bet on it. You and I both know he can't survive a debate with out notes, pre-debate questions (a la Brazile in 2016), canned answers, flash cards from his wife or a teleprompter.

Bottom line: you're backing a dead horse. LMAO

definitely not...

Sep 11, 2020, 11:50 AM

read about this recently, but no link

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Toss up question for the board...

Sep 11, 2020, 11:59 AM

Trump would never want notes prepared for him. They would probably dispute almost anything he would want to say anyway.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:15 PM

Pretty sure they're not allowed, but that seems silly. I'm on the record as hating the current debate format that is basically just a platform for the candidates to get their best sound bites in. I would much prefer something like the Schuman model where they would have to present their ideas on topics to a panel of experts. They could also simulate a crisis and see how the candidates respond. FFS, considering election season lasts for years, they could employ multiple formats.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wouldn't not allowing them to bring their own notes...

Sep 11, 2020, 2:30 PM

help keep them from following their own agenda? They can't come with a prescribed list of bullets to cover.

Good moderators should be able to steer the discussion.

I understand that the candidates often stray from the questions now, but by moderators asking the questions it tends to keep the talk focused on the issues.

The only problem is if the candidates know the questions before hand and that's never happened, oh wait....

Re: wouldn't not allowing them to bring their own notes...

Sep 11, 2020, 2:44 PM

I don't even really care if they get the questions before hand. Like no #### they're going to ask about the economy, covid, police reform, etc. I want whatever rules are going to make it to where they don't answer with "I'm going to have the best people" or "My plan is to have a great plan." I want them to have well thought out policy positions that they can defend point by point, and I want them to be challenged on those points. Saying they shouldn't have notes is like the math teacher that says "you're not always going to have a calculator with you." No, in real life we have phones and the internet and whatever other resources.

can I ask you a question...

Sep 11, 2020, 3:56 PM

because I don't really have a problem with them getting the questions ahead of time either...is it okay for one side to get them and not the other?

Is someone suggesting that?

Sep 11, 2020, 4:47 PM

I don't see how that helps voters.

that's what happened in 2016

Sep 11, 2020, 5:09 PM

Although Snopes claims that is false, Snopes then seems to say it is true in another fact check validating that CNN fired Donna Brazille for campaign collusion.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-received-debate-questions-week-before-debate/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donna-brazile-leaves-cnn/

Re: wouldn't not allowing them to bring their own notes...

Sep 11, 2020, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: wouldn't not allowing them to bring their own notes... ]

I guess you forgot that US presidents have to think on their feet and be prepared to answer difficult questions and make hard decisions 24/7. Joe has yet to have been asked to answer even a mildly difficult questions without knowing the question beforehand and NOT using a teleprompter!

And the left calls him 'presidential material', embarrassing themselves just saying it. Are you kidding me? Joe doesn't know squat about what's going on! Zero. And you libbies know it, but your denial and desperation have driven you to make outlandish, off the wall incoherent, insane statements that Joe is just fine.

Trump will bury him!

Sep 11, 2020, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Toss up question for the board... ]

Can't you just imagine Sleepy Joe falling apart and self-destructing IF he had to do that without notes or a teleprompter? I'd pay good money to watch that.

neither is this slick

Sep 11, 2020, 2:33 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: neither is this slick

Sep 11, 2020, 2:55 PM

He wasn't slick enough to answer Candy Crowley's question, though.

TYPICAL BAIN CONSULTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 11, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to neither is this slick ]

Great credentials but always reading from a scr1pt like a robot. Screw you and your waterfalls (or is that McKinsey?) or whatever your new slideware/methodology is these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now you're just rubbing it in.***

Sep 11, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 553
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic