Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
worst announced SuperBowl of recent memory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

worst announced SuperBowl of recent memory

Feb 5, 2018, 9:20 AM

What in the hell were the announcers talking about? Were they watching the same game as me? worst announcing job I have ever seen. Agree?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: worst announced SuperBowl of recent memory

Feb 5, 2018, 9:21 AM

No, Al and Cris do a great job

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2018, 9:23 AM

Al not so much anymore. The part that got me was they obviously did not want either of those TD catches to be called a catch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1) The first TD catch that you're referring to, the ball

Feb 5, 2018, 9:49 AM

was still moving when the receiver hit the ground and slid out of bounds. Had that been called an incomplete pass on the field, the call would have stood as an incomplete pass.

2) Al and Cris were basing their opinion on the James ruling from the Pittsburgh game. The rule is stupid and convoluted, which is apparent. But it's not a stretch to think if the James TD was ruled incomplete that the TD last night would be incomplete as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: 1) The first TD catch that you're referring to, the ball

Feb 5, 2018, 11:17 AM

The Pitt TD was the right call and last night it was the right call. Ertz caught it, took 2 steps and became a runner. James caught it while falling into the endzone and never became a runner. He was still in the process of a catch. Idk what everybody is so upset about or why it is controversial. It is pretty clear to me.

Agree and disagree with what you said

Feb 5, 2018, 11:46 AM

Agree that Ertz became a runner and it was a clear TD.

Disagree that "James caught it while falling into the endzone..." because James made the catch while falling, had clear control of the ball while his knees were down, then turned his body to stretch it into the endzone. In that game Nantz said "no doubt about it" calling it a catch and Romo said it's "gonna stand."

In hindsight, Nantz and Romo were as wrong as Collinsworth and Michaels last night, just on different sides of the call. IMO both should have been TDs, but I can understand the announcers last night thinking it wasn't going to be upheld after the James catch was overturned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Agree and disagree with what you said

Feb 5, 2018, 11:53 AM

James never becomes a runner. He was still in the process of the catch.

Feb 5, 2018, 12:08 PM

That's the issue with the whole catch thing, "becoming a runner" is not the aspect that should be looked at.

James caught the ball, went to the ground, and reached out past the goal line. That is a football move, and therefore should have been a catch and a TD.

If you argue that then you have to argue that the play last night was not a catch as the two steps and diving does not actually make him become a runner as running requires more than two steps.

Based on the "rules" neither of them should have been touchdowns, but by using common sense they both were touchdowns.

Feb 5, 2018, 12:35 PM

Once you take 2 steps that is a football move and you are a runner. He then dove for the endzone. James was falling while catching the ball. He did not catch the ball, make a football move, then dive.

Re: 1) The first TD catch that you're referring to, the ball

Feb 5, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to 1) The first TD catch that you're referring to, the ball ]

Nailed it GWP!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: worst announced SuperBowl of recent memory ]

Collinsworth really came across as a Patriots "homer".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chris Colinsworth disgraced himself during that last Eagle's

Feb 5, 2018, 9:25 AM

TD.

I thought he had great insight on that call

Feb 5, 2018, 12:12 PM

It took the refs quite a while to rule on what looked like an obvious TD (it looked obvious to me as well), so I think Collinsworth had a point. The catch / no-catch rules in the NFL are awfully tricky and sometimes lead to catch reversals that boggle the mind. I thought CC did a good job spotting what was a debatable catch that looked like a no-brainer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought they were bad too! How about call Gilmore for

Feb 5, 2018, 9:25 AM

pass interference one time please, the dude was mugging Jeffries a couple of times (ane to be clear I don't like either one so I don't have a dog in the fight). Another DB was allowed to hold his arm to keep him from jumping and all Collinsworth says is he got enough of him to keep him from catching the ball. WTH?? That PI all day long! What is PI in the NFL anymore, anyone know including the refs?

Re: I thought they were bad too! How about call Gilmore for

Feb 5, 2018, 11:18 AM

Gilmore played great D IMO. I like the no calls.

Didn't say he didn't play good def just meant he should

Feb 5, 2018, 12:57 PM

have gotten at least 2 PIs and the other DB should have gotten the other one where he kept Jeffries from jumping

Re: Didn't say he didn't play good def just meant he should

Feb 5, 2018, 1:00 PM

I disagree. I thought he played clean and didn't grab and got his head around.

It was HORRIBLE

Feb 5, 2018, 9:27 AM

Chris Collinsworth is a complete moron.. He's dead wrong half the time and never shuts up. It was painful to listen to.

GO TIGERS!!

Feb 5, 2018, 9:40 AM

Will agree with you. They must have had a lot of money on game.they took over refs job.they were all N.E. never had much to say about Philadelphia. They stink.

Disagree.***

Feb 5, 2018, 9:44 AM

Re: Disagree.***

Feb 5, 2018, 9:48 AM

I thought they did a good job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take Al Michaels any day over Joe Buck.***

Feb 5, 2018, 9:51 AM

Feb 5, 2018, 11:04 AM

I dont watch the NFL, only the superbowl. So I have no interest or real bias. But my god, those announcers were awful.

*Eagles score a touchdown*

"Well, clearly that was not a touchdown. The refs called that incorrectly, and all the viewers at home can clearly see that was not a complete pass. But clearly Tom Brady is in his best position yet. The Patriots are gunna win this and it wont be close."

*Eagles sack Brady, recover a fumble and score another TD for the lead*

"Well, as you can see here the Patriots are in prime position. They've controlled this game. Tom Brady is going to shine on this drive and put the game away. I'm sorry for the Eagles but its pretty obvious the Patriots are going to win this easily"

*Trophy ceremony begins and they hand the Lombardi trophy to the Eagles*

"Well Al, as we can see the Eagles have taken center stage, but we know this isnt over yet. The lights are still on so that means this game isnt over, Tom Brady is gunna come out of that locker room and do what he does best. I'm sorry Eagles fans but I just dont think there is any way the Patriots dont win this tonight."

And Chris made no secret of how big a fan of Tom........

Feb 5, 2018, 11:14 AM

Brady he is.

Re: And Chris made no secret of how big a fan of Tom........

Feb 5, 2018, 11:40 AM

Yes. Especially when he’s still talking about Brady’s “massive” cut on his poor little hand.

Re: And Chris made no secret of how big a fan of Tom........

Feb 5, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to And Chris made no secret of how big a fan of Tom........ ]

Why would anybody be a fan of a guy who throws for over 500 yards and basically carries a team on his back for an entire season?

For the record I don't like the guy but admit he is the best who ever played.

Feb 5, 2018, 11:19 AM

Nantz and Romo are much better.

Ok, even though you believe the James catch being

Feb 5, 2018, 12:51 PM

overturned was correct, which made Nantz and Romo completely wrong after they both emphatically said the catch should stand. Also, if you don't think Nantz would've been man-crushing on Brady last night with a chance to have another Super Bowl winning drive, then I'm not sure what to say.

Jim Nantz and Al Michaels are two all-time greats. I have really enjoyed Romo in the booth this year too. But of course announcers are going to hype up the greatest QB to play the game, the greatest coach to coach the game and arguably the greatest dynasty in the salary cap era of professional sports.

Re: Ok, even though you believe the James catch being

Feb 5, 2018, 12:55 PM

Yes I think they are a much better duo than last night. That does not mean I think they get all the calls correct. I didn't have a problem with the announcers last night I just like Nantz and Romo more. It has nothing to do with how they feel about the catch rule lmao.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic