Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
women's basketball GA takes full time job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 967

women's basketball GA takes full time job

Jul 9, 2020, 1:45 PM

news is scare right now, so every little bit counts. also, there is some talk that full time asst joy cheek smith, a duke grad, might be involved in the duke opening, more in a secondary way. some possibility that duke might bring back Gail g, who had great success there and coached joy, and she would bring in joy as the obligatory "coach in waiting". the following is a c&p from the site "women's hoop dirt".

UNC Asheville Head Women’s Basketball Coach Honey Brown announced the hiring of Dee Anderson as an assistant coach. Anderson comes to UNC Asheville after spending the past two seasons as a graduate assistant at Clemson and a four-year playing career at Florida.

“I am very excited Dee has joined us at UNC Asheville,” said Brown. “She has played and coached at the highest levels, which will bring a ton of experience to our team and staff. Her mission is to help people be better on and off the court. She has a tremendous work ethic, great energy, and positivity, which are values I look for in my coaches. Dee is a rising star in this profession, and we are so happy she is a Bulldog!”

During her tenure as a graduate assistant at Clemson, Anderson recruited, instructed, managed the scout team for the Tigers, and coached the team during individual workouts. She also participated in the planning of recruiting visits and worked alongside her fellow coaches in the set-up and breakdown of recruiting events.

“I’m very excited to join the UNC Asheville family,” Anderson said. “I would like to thank Coach Brown for the opportunity! Her dedication, passion, and knowledge of the game is what attracted me to the Bulldogs. I’m honored to be a part of the Honey Brown era!”

In addition to her two seasons as a part of the Clemson women’s basketball program, Anderson also played collegiately at Florida. The Viera, Florida native appeared in 121 games during her time in Gainesville, including 79 appearances in the starting lineup. She scored 10 or more points on 25 occasions, including a career-best 29-point effort at Oklahoma on December 3, 2017. While at Florida, Anderson participated in the 2018 WBCA “So You Want to Be a Coach” program.

Anderson joins recently hired Paige Love, Jessica Wall as well as Andre Jurko as members of Brown’s coaching staff as she enters her first season as the program’s head coach in 2020-21.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: women's basketball GA takes full time job

Jul 9, 2020, 2:13 PM

Would be tough to lose both.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic