Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
with 1 being a sure loss and 10 a sure win...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

with 1 being a sure loss and 10 a sure win...

Nov 23, 2014, 4:33 PM

what's your confidence level going into next weekend?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: with 1 being a sure loss and 10 a sure win...

Nov 23, 2014, 4:35 PM

With Cole: 3.5
With Deshaun: 9

Nov 23, 2014, 4:35 PM

With Deshaun 10

W/O Deshaun 9 1/2

Gamecocks Suck!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 4:36 PM

Why even have those other numbers York ?
Also , since the Coots are lurking and sure to vote here , maybe chop it off at 5 , that's apparently all they have ever getted up to in school .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

the irony***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:41 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Nov 23, 2014, 4:36 PM

with Cole it's a toss up, with DW 9***

Nov 23, 2014, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole=1, DW=10

Nov 23, 2014, 4:37 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 4:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kudos. I like your confidence. TU.***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Nov 23, 2014, 4:39 PM

2...but highly subject to change between now and gametime.
I just haven't seen anything from the offensive side of the ball that leads me to think that we could score more than 9 or so points. SC isn't good, but the old sack can coach up an offense and will put up at least 17.

I'm not going to split according to which QB plays.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:40 PM

I'm 100% positive DW will play. We'll talk about that theory if you want.

I'm giving Clemson a 7 on this one. I don't think we've a coach on our team that can handle SOS one on one. No disrespect to Dabo, Chad and Brent intended. SOS's coaching is the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not going to split according to which QB plays.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:55 PM

I'd like to hear your theory. Do share.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:33 PM

Had the tendon problem been serious DW wouldn't have been listed day to day. If you have a copy of the game go back and look at the incident from the different angles shown by the replays.

DW landed on an upturned cleat with all his weight on his left knee. That's where the bone bruise happened. It takes an MRI to diagnose a bone bruise. What I've read indicate a healing time of a few weeks and up. Our coaches insist that he may be able to play this weekend. That's just two weeks not a few.

I know there's a faction here on Tnet that would say our coaches would 'climb a pole to tell a lie when they can sit in a recliner and tell the truth.' I don't believe that. I believe our coaches do not give us information or opinion unless it is truthful and they can back it with evidence.

It was reported that he was working on his cuts this past week. That indicates it may not take a few weeks and suggest the severity of the injury is much less than what we believed when we had no news from the coach.

The probability that DW plays this week is high enough to give me confidence that a pain shot will put him in the game, not that it will be needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, the bone bruise was caused when the ligament

Nov 23, 2014, 7:49 PM

stretched bone rubbed against bone.

Nov 23, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not going to split according to which QB plays. ]

That makes sense to me. I actually thought that the injury to his hand might not have been as serious as we were lead to believe.

I had watched parts of the GT game earlier to verify something else that I thought I noticed during the game. On the sideline, before Watson injured himself, Stoudt had his helmet on. At the time, I thought it was strange, and it gave me a bad feeling when the camera cut over to him. Now, that could be completely normal. I really don't know. That is just the thought I had at the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:40 PM [ in reply to I'm not going to split according to which QB plays. ]

Hard to get a read on this one. I'd say 6

Nov 23, 2014, 5:58 PM [ in reply to I'm not going to split according to which QB plays. ]

#1 defense in the country.
Them , #90 defense in the country.

10 with a bullet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

One man...

Nov 24, 2014, 12:03 AM [ in reply to I'm not going to split according to which QB plays. ]

...whose name is Conner Shaw single handedly drove the stake through the Tiger's heart at least the last 2 years. That along with ridiculous ball handling (Hump) and uncharacteristic turnovers on the part of the Tigers.

Thank you Lord, he has moved on to other chicken coops.

That being said, I don't believe Ole Ball Sack has any particular "coaching advantage" other than the confidence wins tend to give you.

You win with personnel...always have and always will!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 4:42 PM

Slim,and none with Cole.And slim just left the building.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:54 PM

4...and only that good because we are playing at home. Our coaches (outside of venables) aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and Spurrier will have them ready to play and with a scheme that will expose any weaknesses we have. It will be close, but I have very little confidence we will win. Even if DW plays, they will be targeting him and Morris is too stupid to protect him like he should...he won't last until halftime. 23-20 SC.

6 if Watson is near 100%; 3 if Watson doesn't play.***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Point for you answering how you look at realistically.***

Nov 23, 2014, 5:29 PM

Point for having a similar opinion and...

Nov 23, 2014, 5:35 PM

suggesting everyone who doesn't share that opinion isn't realistic, J/K about the point!

Only a 6 with Watson?***

Nov 23, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to 6 if Watson is near 100%; 3 if Watson doesn't play.*** ]

He's still got to play behind our OL.***

Nov 23, 2014, 6:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 23, 2014, 4:59 PM

roughly speaking, ofcourse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Today 10, ask me again Satuday @ 9 AM.***

Nov 23, 2014, 5:00 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 5:10 PM

4. In a nutshell, my reason for such a low level of confidence is because I feel the offense, overall, lacks the confidence and mental toughness it needs to win this type of game. They are struggling to score touchdowns. You have to score touchdowns to win games, regardless of everything else.

Due to offensive struggles, this team has made bad teams like Syracuse and Wake forest look much better than they actually are, and they could not beat FSU with a third/fourth string caliber QB leading them. I cannot see how the game Saturday will be any different. As I see it, we will need more than one touchdown from either defense or special teams to win the game.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:11 PM

As long as our Defensive plays, I'm at a 10 with either qb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question. I would say a 4 to 4.5 RIGHT NOW. That may

Nov 23, 2014, 5:23 PM

change in a few days one way or another.

W DW 6317

Nov 23, 2014, 5:23 PM

W CS 3158.5

How about your opinion, York?

Nov 23, 2014, 5:37 PM

nm

well... I'm a realist about this for sure

Nov 23, 2014, 5:50 PM

I'd love a win, but I've said all along that I'll believe we can beat Spurrier when I see it. For as good as DW is, and as good as our defense is, you can bet they will come in here confident and ready to play. I do expect them to score some points, and try to control the clock and keep the ball away from DW.

All things being equal, I'm at about a 4 right now.

I don't want to get moved over to the dumper side and I've..

Nov 23, 2014, 5:58 PM

no intent in insulting one of our grad players either. Tajh was a nut job when SOS was on the other sideline. I know SOS probably has the potential to screw with Cole's head just as much as he did Tajh's.

With or without DW the talent difference between these two teams and home field advantage supports anyone who thinks we win. That was the reason for my over confident '7' on your scale.

oh I get it... and I don't think you are nuts for suggesting

Nov 23, 2014, 6:10 PM

we should win, or going with a 7, etc...

For as much as we hate SOS, I'm just not sure we appreciate his ability to dictate a game like this. I hope this is the year our staff gets it figured out. DW could very well make it happen.

I think they're better than most tnetters want to admit.

SOS has bich slapped CM and DS but...

Nov 23, 2014, 6:22 PM

I don't think he has the ability to do that to Brent. I think he's beaten BV with skill development, Brent's lack of developed skill up to this year that is.

BTW,

Nov 23, 2014, 6:24 PM

it's a ### shame we have to get off in the obscurity of a thread to get a reasonable assessment of our effin football team. This place has gone all to chit.

absolutely.. If I would have made my post as the beginning

Nov 23, 2014, 6:30 PM

Of a new thread

all chit would have broken lose

LOL, I'd probably be on the other side too.***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:06 PM

Spurrier has had Morris's number every year.

Nov 23, 2014, 5:43 PM

The game changer this year is Watson. No way can Spurrier coach up to that talent. If Watson is 100%, I give us a 10.

If Cole is the QB, Morris must call pass plays within his capabilities. Short, quick, high probability passes from the pocket. Couple that with a pounding run game, and we win.

However, I don't have a lot of confidence that Morris will change much if Cole is the QB. In that case, a 5.

With Cole 6, with DW 8***

Nov 23, 2014, 5:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh...

Nov 23, 2014, 6:04 PM

Not saying we'll win....
Not saying we'll lose, but...
If we do lose, this would be the worse loss of Dabo's tenure, IMO.
especially since this is the worse team the Gamecocks have had in the last few years.

I can hear it now...
(SC fans)- even when we're bad, we still beat yall.
ugh.

Makes me sick to think about that.

We'll have to play well, that's for sure.

Nov 23, 2014, 6:28 PM

The one I am losing confidence in is Chad Morris...he talks a big show but needs to SHOW us with results on the field he has what it takes to BEAT the coots on the field....Go Tigers!!!!

With cole 3. With dw 8***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:07 PM

5 w/ Stoudt 9 w/ Watson***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10..Coots are getting way too much credit IMO.***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:30 PM

Maybe 9 with our intramural QB.***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:32 PM

Re: Maybe 9 with our intramural QB.***

Nov 23, 2014, 8:16 PM

This has been rough sledding so far.

12***

Nov 23, 2014, 7:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 7:35 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 9:40 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 9:42 PM

with Stoudt 2.5
with Watson @ 50% 6.5
with Watson @ 70% 8.5
if Watson was 100% 9.9

null

Nov 23, 2014, 10:57 PM

6. We should win but the doubt is real til I see it happen

Nov 23, 2014, 11:20 PM

im going 7 either way

Nov 23, 2014, 11:23 PM

How about:
with Deshaun: 8
with Cole: 2

I actually have zero confidence in Cole. His two points are with consideration of the defense.

Our defense under Venables has actually done good against SC

Nov 23, 2014, 11:28 PM

Its just the QB (Shaw) running for what seemed like forever to get first down after first down. Even Thompson caught our defense sleeping a few times in the 2012 game. I'm not saying he will do it in this game but Thompson has turned the ball over quite a bit, especially when he's under pressure. In 2012, I remember our DB's dropping 3 or 4 interceptions against Thonpson. Also, we aren't playing the defenses SC has had the past few years but unfortunately our offense isnt playing at a high level right now. To answer your question, I have a confidence level at 7. Im not worried about our defense, I'm worried about our offense as many of us are

solid 10

Nov 23, 2014, 11:32 PM

No doubts and it won't matter who is playing QB

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: solid 10

Nov 23, 2014, 11:35 PM

kudos for optimism.
I don't have it in me to trust our offense without Deshaun.

here's to hoping you are right

I wish I had your optimism

Nov 23, 2014, 11:43 PM [ in reply to solid 10 ]

But the GT game keeps replaying in my head as soon as I think we will win this. Hopefully that was cole's only bad game (well majority of tnet thinks every game has been a bad game for Cole) and he can continue to build up his confidence from the last game. Go tigers!

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic