Topic: If you're ever in this part of the world
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jul 22, 2019 12:12 AM by: T_I_P
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

If you're ever in this part of the world

[4]
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 8:52 PM

around this particular time of year and have the opportunity, its sorta Mardi Gras for cowboys and cowgirls.....lots of parades and rodeo related activity (not a huge fan of some rodeo stuff)....but also lots of concerts--free & otherwise, art and history exhibitions, and just a few hours drive to the west are some of the most spectacular mountains in North America. Strongly recommend visiting Banff and Lake Louise area in the Canadian Rockies

Wish I had the Stetson concession for The Stampede....

https://www.calgarystampede.com/

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: If you're ever in this part of the world

[1]
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 9:14 PM

Where exactly are you? Do you live there

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

wish I could afford a condo

[1]
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 9:52 PM

in the Canadian Rockies to escape Charleston's summer heat and humidity....but, the Lowcountry is my current home and I thoroughly enjoy it....except late June through mid-September. Have often said there is no finer place to reside than the Carolina coast in Oct through early Dec.

But I have visited Western Canada on more than one occasion---and on some long vacations where we took time to do some exploring on our own.....Vancouver to Calgary to Edmonton....almost went to a CFL play-off game between Calgary and Edmonton.(the next day, local radio & tv sports were thrilled with HUGE 35,000 fan turnout)

The North side of Glacier Nat. Park is in Canada, and again, is spectacular....Its a long ways from SC but, to me, well worth the trip....if the opportunity arises, I strongly recommend

Re: wish I could afford a condo

[1]
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 9:59 PM

With all due respect, and I have lived in both places, Greenville is the place. So close to DV.

respect appreciated....

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 10:13 PM

grew up across the street from Clemson campus. Lived in and worked out of Greenville for a decent amount of time. Still love my little home town and the mountains in Pickens, Oconee and Northern Greenville counties.....always be home

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 10:14 PM

Sorry you feel that way, but Greenville is becoming the Myrtle Beach of the Upstate - not just my opinion, but the truth. Enjoy!!

[2]
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 10:25 PM

I beg your pardon but I've never seen anyone wearing a speedo on Main Street Greenville!

I visited Banff and Jasper around this time last year

[1]
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 12:12 AM

Truly one of the best experiences of my life. Amazing places, I was out at 10 pm with the sun still out driving around as the only car around, seeing moose and having entire lakes to myself in Jasper

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: 2 seats with parking. $140

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
997 people have read this post