Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10 to 12 CU and FSU package deal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

10 to 12 CU and FSU package deal

Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 AM

I Wish and Hope our AD is talking with FSU. We need to be a package deal to the BIG12. Stop thinking about the SEC its not going to happen. they will go for VT, + 1 (NC) we cant wait and see where the dust settles we need to let it be know to swoffie that if a non football school is brought in then CU anf FSU are both gone.
BUT
I know that Our AD will wait and see if we get a FOOTBALL school as a replacement for the Maryland. and then when we do not they will wait to see if FSU actively looks and then start our own committee again.
Personally the ONLY teams i see as viable right now given those that are out there who might actually join are Penn St. and Navy. both of these could convince ND to be FULL members. if we get any other Big East school, FSU is gone. i truly feel that way. Hopefully we are more proactive and prepare now "in case" instead of react later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would you want to go to the B12?

Nov 20, 2012, 10:29 AM

That conference was on the verge of disbanding a couple of years ago, and the problem (Texas) that caused it all hasn't been solved.

And not all Big East schools are created equal. UofL and Cincinnati are pretty good in both football and basketball. Of course, WVU would've been better, and PSU or ND in football would be better than those, but I both UofL and Cinci are better programs right now than Maryland is.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why would you want to go to the B12?

Nov 20, 2012, 10:42 AM

I'm not saying we move, but, inviting all these mainly Northern, basketball schools is going to be a problem for us. We will not fill Death Valley with the likes of UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville or South Florida. Ticket prices, in my opinion, are prety high now and no way our fans, other than season ticket holders pay $50+ to see the above teams. Those schools don't travel either, so where does that leave Clemson? No mans land? And it will effect recruiting, plus we will have the same strength of schedule problems year in and year out especially if FSU leaves. Yeah we pick up ND, but it's basically an even trade. We're in a bind, in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why would you want to go to the B12?

Nov 20, 2012, 10:43 AM [ in reply to why would you want to go to the B12? ]

these are ALL hypothetical at this point. but i could ask you the same thing... WHY stay in the ACC if FSU leaves for BIG12? because that is the only refuge available right now. its where FSU will might go if we bring in UofL or uConn. (look at their AD's displeasure, i would not call that a bluff or something to be easily dismissed.) especially if the $50 Mil buy out is bogus. you just mentioned yourself that WV would have been great, well they left for the BIG12. Look at the teams that they have now and how they are preforming. If you were to Add FSU and us... that is a very strong FOOTBALL conference. now remove those said schools from the ACC and tell me how strong the ACC looks in football.

Our schools have been carrying the league in football, its time Johnny boy did something to return the favor. be history does not show he will. like i said be proactive and start the planning/ looking now (just in case) better safe than sorry.

Our AD is not the issue...

Nov 20, 2012, 10:33 AM

Barker will not go for it. He voted for the $50M buyout clause. Maryland and FSU voted against it, now look at what is happening!! I really don't have a problem with Barker, his position on us staying in the ACC is pretty clear. Does he open up on this or do we get left behind.

Re: Our AD is not the issue...

Nov 20, 2012, 10:53 AM

the two that voted against are the two that want out the most. one got their wish, the other might follow. If FSU leaves our AD better open up to the 1 or 2 options left.

if they dont, they yes our AD might very well be an issue.

Re: Our AD is not the issue...

Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 AM

The point is, our AD can't wipe his nose without Barker's permission. If Barker isn't on board, it doesn't matter what the AD does.

FSU may move w/o informing Clemson....

Nov 20, 2012, 10:50 AM

....since Clemson/Barker pushed for the $50m exit fee, FSU may assume that Clemson is 100% loyal to the ACC and may not share their plans. especially if they are trying to find a loophole out of the $50m. if they share w/ Barker, he may run tell Swofford.

Re: FSU may move w/o informing Clemson....

Nov 20, 2012, 10:56 AM

yeah i could see that. plus FSU doesnt really like how well re recruit in FL ;) thinking to the future... we will definitely have some heated down time discussions about this

Re: 10 to 12 CU and FSU package deal

Nov 20, 2012, 10:54 AM

I really do think eventually we do move to the BIG12. The Acc is a joke when it comes to football. The only thing that matters to the Acc is basketball and that has been apparent on who we have added to the league.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic