Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
who thinks Ga. beats Ala & does Ala. get in if Ga, wins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

who thinks Ga. beats Ala & does Ala. get in if Ga, wins

Oct 22, 2017, 7:46 PM

in play off

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who thinks Ga. beats Ala & does Ala. get in if Ga, wins

Oct 22, 2017, 7:54 PM

Yup. at this point about the only way Bama does not get in is to lose to both Auburn and Ga. If Bama lost to Auburn and no one else but did not get in the SEC championship game they are in. Because Bama . Bama will always get consideration no one else would get.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 7:58 PM

All I can say is right now there too many unknown variables to solve that equation. Give it until the season is over and all the conference championship games have been played and most of those unknown variables will become known and we can solve the equation.

Oct 22, 2017, 8:10 PM

If the field stays crowded loser of sec championship game is out. The sec may be the worst conference in football this year no way that league should get two teams in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 8:14 PM

I do not think UGA will beat Bama, but IF they did, I am absolutely 100% positive Bama would still make the playoff

Oct 22, 2017, 8:43 PM

You say they ahead leaving out undefeated TCU AND PSU and 2 loss ACC Champ Clemson?

Oct 22, 2017, 8:44 PM

Sorry, meant 1 loss ACC Champ Clemson

Oct 22, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: who thinks Ga. beats Ala & does Ala. get in if Ga, wins ]

IF UGA, PSU, and TCU go undefeated, yes CLEM is definitively out IMO. That is a nightmare scenario and about the only one a CLEM 12-1 ACC champ could not make it. No shot the committee would take 1-loss CLEM over 1-loss BAMA when it's CUSE v. UGA

Oct 22, 2017, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: who thinks Ga. beats Ala & does Ala. get in if Ga, wins ]

Sorry, meant 1 loss ACC Champ Clemson

I think Alabama wins and UGA gets in as well

Oct 22, 2017, 8:17 PM

Think the worst, hope for the best.

Also planning on ND running the table.

Lastly, I plan that we will as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think two teams from a conference should get in.

Oct 22, 2017, 8:34 PM

Let’s imagine this.

If one can clone Nick Saban and Alabama to 12 Alabama’s and 12 Saban’s and then we put them in a conference, it’s highly likely that none of them will go unbeaten or even have just a few losses. Let’s assume we know it’s the same Alabama we know, so some of these teams should be in the playoff. However, with the current thinking process, none of these “Alabama’s” would make it to the playoff.

My point is having more than one or two losses shouldn’t mean that team doesn’t deserve to be in the playoff.

A conference could be filled with good teams that it’s hard to stay unbeaten, while it might be easy for another conference if it’s filled with bad teams.

My point is, even though the current way to find conference is flawed, the best way to find the national champions is to let champions from the best 4 conferences play each other.

Also, playoff system shouldn’t always mean the best team always win. Look at professional soccer leagues. They have the best system to find champions—a round robin system, home and away. And, yet, they have a “league cup”—a playoff system that some dark horse occasionally wins it.

If I were the one who had influence on the current 4-team playoff system, I wouldn’t have bothered with “the playoff rankings” and “who’s the top 4 that week getting in”. That’s pointless. A projected top-25 ranking would have been something better.

But the ultimate best is the playoff committee rank the conferences week by week. That will show how well their conference is and the chance their conference champions could be in the playoff. And at the end of the regular season, just send the champions from the best 4 conference to the playoffs.

This would have been a better 4-team playoff system.

Oct 22, 2017, 8:39 PM

Georgia is not beating Alabama .
Kirby coached with Saban , and he won't say it but I bet he understands the gap between the two programs .
If they end up in the SECCG , Bama by 17 + .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I don't. Who are their quality wins? SECCG is a play in game.

Oct 22, 2017, 8:58 PM

Everyone would have to have 2 losses for this to be an option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 22, 2017, 10:29 PM

I'm not sold on UGA yet. Based on what I know now, I would pick Bama to win. Also wouldn't rule out UGA having two loses before the SEC championship game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

UGAy can't and won't beat Bama.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:27 PM

They will have their hands full with Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGAy can't and won't beat Bama.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:32 PM

It would be hilarious if LSU, Auburn and UGA all beat Bama, just to see how the Bama brown nosers would process it.

Oct 23, 2017, 12:05 AM

First and foremost, we have gotta take care of business for the remainder of the schedule, to include putting the pedal down the rest of the way and rack up style points. It didn't matter until we lost, but now, if Ohio should beat Penn St. In a close game, both could still be ahead of us. Laying the smack down on GT, Wulfies, and Chickens can erase that. Past that, imo, I'm pulling for Aubie the rest of the way. If they somehow beat UGA and Bammer, then it will definitely knock out the loser of SEC title game, plus increase our SOS. That means Big 10 Champ, SEC Champ, ACC Champ and one other are in, possibly ND if they win out. I think Big12 and Pac are left out as TCU will lose I believe. OK St and WVU will ruin the conference playoff hopes I believe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2017, 12:22 AM

I won't be surprised if Auburn goes 1-3. I would enjoy that. lol I hate alabama schools.

Oct 23, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: UGAy can't and won't beat Bama. ]

Don't forget to smack down FSU when they come to town. And the Citadel. ?

CFP will think Bama > 2 loss Conference Champion

Oct 23, 2017, 9:57 AM

Otherwise Bama does not get in. I think deep down Committee would try and not put a replay of the Conference Championship into the top 4 since they essentially look at conference championship game as the real 1st round of the playoff.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic