Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Open at Home With Lackluster Win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,741

Nov 15, 2006, 11:18 PM

It wasn’t a pretty game, and it wasn’t even a pretty win. But nonetheless it was a win for the Clemson Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't think it was that bad. Could have shot better...

Nov 15, 2006, 11:31 PM

from the FT line but we played great D right up till it was over and they scored about 9 points.

we should have dominated

Nov 15, 2006, 11:39 PM

We out sized and arguably out skill every Paladin at their position. The article is true, there was a complete lack of enthusiasm, especially for the home opener. I haven't yawned that much since a 63-17 shellacking.

A positive though is the tremendous impact that the freshman class is having on this team with Potter and Booker, and even AJ got some pt tonight to feel more comfortable.

Purnell seemed disappointed in the mental mistakes that were being made on the court. I believe he thought we should have run away with this one to give some other players some experience in Littlejohn.

Another positive. Mays is back and is a huge impact and Powell looked great tonight.

The weakest link on the team has to be Raymond Sikes. I think he is OP's love child and that is why he gets the playing time. Seriously... just watch him next game and you will know what I am yipping about.

Until Friday night...

lackluster??***

Nov 16, 2006, 12:11 AM

What is the deal with the foul shots? 9 for 21??

Nov 16, 2006, 12:36 AM

That's just sad. I thought we would have fixed that by now or at least improved a little. Anybody know what our free-throw % was in the "Cox Communication Classic" ?

when did all this mental tiredness, or emotional tiredness

Nov 16, 2006, 12:59 AM

become so popular? I don't ever recall hearing so much about it. Sounds like a really bad excuse to me. OP and TB's talk makes me wonder if both teams are comprised of weak minded homos.

Message was edited by: FootballFan36®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: when did all this mental tiredness, or emotional tiredness

Nov 16, 2006, 9:19 AM

Why don't you go out and do what these guys do day in a day out and see how you feel? I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing.

Uhhh, does your p***y hurt? ******

Nov 16, 2006, 2:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
H.L. Mencken

The game was never in doubt

Nov 16, 2006, 1:40 AM

I think the article underplays the effectiveness of the way Clemson played. Furman never had a chance in that game and you never once felt scared that they were going to win it. Late threes in the 2nd half made it as close as it was.

I think foul trouble was more of an issue than mental tiredness, but there is no mention of that here. Potter, Mays, and Hammonds got into foul trouble and that hampered the way they were able to play.

Oh well. A win is a win is a win. At this point last season, we were struggling to beat Wofford at home. Tonight, we took care of business in a grinder's game where a letdown was completely possible.

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

I didn't think it was that bad either

Nov 16, 2006, 9:39 AM

some things looked weak but the tigers looked like they had some things together... I might add that KC Rivers was 4-4 from the line that I can remember. He is such a strong player. If you aren't excited about Booker, you're crazy....

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,741
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic