Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump EO removes liability shield for social media lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1,411

Trump EO removes liability shield for social media lol

May 28, 2020, 4:04 PM

FB, Instagram, snapchat all say

FU Twitter!! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the liability shield?***

May 28, 2020, 4:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they were previously shielded from being liable from

May 28, 2020, 4:10 PM

what was posted on their forums.

Just imagine Crump being sued for what us idiots post on here ;)

I think it just entails to social media, not forums.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok I'm getting caught up now. Communications Decency Act.

May 28, 2020, 4:12 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act

Yeah I wasn't even aware of that either until last night

May 28, 2020, 4:18 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh, media will cover for Biden

May 28, 2020, 4:21 PM

you watch cnn and that will probably not even come up unless they happen to mess up and actually have a "real" conservative voice on their channel

Re: meh, media will cover for Biden

May 28, 2020, 4:26 PM

Why would anyone watch CNN? Or any TV news?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where do you get your news from?

May 28, 2020, 6:06 PM

I'm pretty much sick of the bias from all of them. And yes, I can filter and think for myself.

But the mental hoop-jumping just to find out what's going on in the world is a challenge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: where do you get your news from?

May 28, 2020, 6:09 PM

AP and Reuters, and publications that circulate them.***

May 28, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to where do you get your news from? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AP and Reuters, and publications that circulate them.***

May 28, 2020, 6:25 PM

May 28, 2020, 6:45 PM

You know, you said you were going back to work like 5 hours ago but you never went back to work.

May 28, 2020, 7:41 PM

May 28, 2020, 8:18 PM

I would hardly call promising to keep Mom's basement clean for as long as you live in it "self-employed."

May 28, 2020, 8:27 PM

Re: meh, media will cover for Biden

May 29, 2020, 1:38 AM [ in reply to meh, media will cover for Biden ]

They still haven't even mentioned "you ain't black" yet. World class news organization right there. Impartial as well

“Snowflake gets feelings hurt, wants revenge”

May 28, 2020, 4:17 PM

What a clown show this presidency is

didnt y'all come out say he was stupid for criticising fbi

May 28, 2020, 4:19 PM

cause there was 100 ways they WILL get back at you? I think even Brennan said this, plus about 50 on here.

seems to me this is the same thing.

with that said, i do not endorse this, but think its still juicy politics to keep me entertained during The Corona

Don’t know who y’all is. I never said anything about that.***

May 28, 2020, 4:25 PM

^^^liar^^^***

May 28, 2020, 9:03 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Don’t know who y’all is. I never said anything about that.***

May 28, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to didnt y'all come out say he was stupid for criticising fbi ]

Read up

May 28, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to “Snowflake gets feelings hurt, wants revenge” ]

i'll wait till twitter fact checks that***

May 28, 2020, 4:23 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lutz***

May 28, 2020, 4:24 PM

Not even saying it’s a good or bad EO. But it’s funny

May 28, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Read up ]

how the reason it was done was because he got his feelings hurt by the fact check label and want to hit back. The most thin-skinned president we’ve ever had.

On the other hand

May 28, 2020, 4:31 PM

Cool. This still shows Trump is a thin skinned snowflake.***

May 28, 2020, 4:38 PM

Article says the change would be anti-free speech.

May 28, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Read up ]

So that clears that up.

social media companies are all now anti-free speech

May 28, 2020, 4:32 PM

which are typically hard left

No, the article said Biden was anti-free speech by

May 28, 2020, 4:34 PM

trying to do what Trump is trying to do to Twitter.

Cata believes the same thing

May 28, 2020, 4:40 PM

Re: Cata believes the same thing

May 28, 2020, 4:45 PM

Thanks for playing.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Yes-he-absolutely-is-27282281

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You're welcome

May 28, 2020, 4:51 PM

Re: You're welcome

May 28, 2020, 4:54 PM

See where I said ANY president?

If liberal supports a Dem president doing this, he's a partisan idiot, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Okay

May 28, 2020, 4:56 PM

Nice!

May 28, 2020, 5:12 PM

Now go back and read Cata's other posts again. He has been consistent throughout. I think you're detecting partisanship where there isn't any. You'll see that Cata argues the principle, not the party.

A few things...

May 28, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Okay ]

-You have consistently proven you aren't capable of focusing on the issue rather than the person you're debating, as Flow pointed out earlier. Rather than address policy and ideas, you focus on people. Notice how you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge that I agreed with you on Biden, thus proving my stance isn't a partisan one?

Focus on issues, T3, not getting mad or trying to attack the person you disagree with.

-Show me the exact post where I shifted my argument. My criticism from the beginning was on Trump and any of his supporters who would advocate this social media move, especially anyone who actually claims to be a conservative and supports it. If anything, this move is the complete opposite of conservatism; it's a move to attempt to regulate private corporations.

-I stand by it. Anyone who supports ANY president doing this, especially only doing it as a retaliatory measure because he got his feelings hurt and not out of good faith policy making, is a partisan idiot. Period. If Obama had attempted this, are you telling me you would support it? Or if just Biden threatened it an not Trump?

-This attempted move by Trump is an attempt to subvert our Constitution and Congress's authority. Why would you support it? At this point, you're likely just supporting it because I and people like me oppose it, which is an absurd reason to back it.

-If you don't understand the dangerous precedent this would set, then start imagining Dems having complete control of our government and being able to abuse this measure.

Re: A few things...

May 28, 2020, 6:22 PM

Re: A few things...

May 28, 2020, 10:22 PM

The OP was about the Trump EO. Therefore partisan refers to Trump and his supporters. I later said Biden also approved of it. You then said that’s not what you meant.

What? That's not what I said.

Correct on all counts except one.

May 28, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Cata believes the same thing ]

It doesn't have to depend what side you're on. No one's opinion should change depending on whether Biden or Trump support it.

That's the team mentality that we need to resist.

T3 only operates with a team mentality***

May 28, 2020, 6:12 PM

Yeah but to be fair

May 28, 2020, 6:16 PM

Ohhhh burrrnn***

May 28, 2020, 6:53 PM

Definitely left

May 28, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to social media companies are all now anti-free speech ]

Oh no!

May 28, 2020, 5:13 PM

Smart, decent people are rallying together to ensure that a mouthbreathing retard doesn't get re-elected?

That's so UNJUST!!!

I bet those Wall Street bankers are furious.

Yes because Wall Street only supports Trump

May 28, 2020, 5:21 PM

I hate when companies

May 28, 2020, 5:28 PM

endorse candidates I don't like.

SUCKS TO SUCK!!!!

Yes, he absolutely is.

May 28, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Read up ]

He's just as wrong. No American should support this because of his political affiliation. It's un-American. Period.

whats unamerican?

May 28, 2020, 4:44 PM

being able to sue a company that has stuff posted on their site?

again, not endorsing anything. Trying to see your logic that this, being able to sue them, is unamerican.

We can sue any other company for just any any reason.

Re: whats unamerican?

May 28, 2020, 4:48 PM

Twitter and such are platforms for content and expression for any ole person like you and me. If you open up them to be sued for what some ####### like you or me or Trump says and not hold accountable THAT person (in other words, opening up defamation suits for the provider and not the actual defender), it's simply a move to stifle speech and expression.

And it's a horrible precedent. That would open up Tigernet and such to being sued by the #### that's posted here.

It's also an unreasonable expectation as even if Twitter deleted such a Tweet, they would still get sued.

This is an attempt to shut them down altogether and you know it is. Or, at least, just to shut down criticism of Trump. That's his goal.

those companies are already stiffling free speech tho

May 28, 2020, 4:56 PM

and 90% of the time, its conservative speech.

they are definitely not free speech zones.

what suing will do is open it up for citizens to have a little more power from being defamed or get lied about in the initial post when the "contraction" never gets the same buzz.

Regardless, these companies have WAYYYY too much power. Almost as much, or more, than our government.

Political and informational power both.

They can sway news with their algorithms, they can sway opinion. They can sway elections.

I don't know what IT is, but something eventually needs to be done with them.

This aint it, but i just find it entertaining for now.

It's Trump being Trump

May 28, 2020, 5:05 PM

Dorsey was an idiot for doing this.

May 28, 2020, 5:06 PM

When dems want to crush them, its more than likely its going to happen soon anyway.

They have the right to control their content!

May 28, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to those companies are already stiffling free speech tho ]

I swear, how much is it going to take for some of you to realize that ONLY the government can suppress free speech and ONLY the government is forbidden from doing so. When a private corporation owns its own platform and has its own rules, it can regulate who says what on it. THAT'S NOT THE SAME AS THE GOVERNMENT INFRINGING ON FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

If you have a party at your house, and some dude shows up, starts popping off his mouth, insulting your wife, shouting political opinions you hate, and calls you names, are you suppressing his speech by making him leave?

Didn't think so.

And you have no real data to back up your 90 percent claim.

You're supposedly a conservative and you are actually supporting a government cracking down on a private company's political expression?

Or do you just support suppressing views you don't agree with?

How ironic.

Are executive orders cool now? They weren't cool 2009-2017.***

May 28, 2020, 4:27 PM [ in reply to “Snowflake gets feelings hurt, wants revenge” ]

But Democrats can't complain because Obama did it.

May 28, 2020, 4:52 PM

Everyone's a hypocrite and nobody can criticize anyone and everyone is as bad as everybody else.

Exactly, and Republicans must complain.

May 28, 2020, 5:08 PM

Strange, they're not.

Re: Trump EO removes liability shield for social media lol

May 28, 2020, 4:35 PM

Merits of the law or EO aside, an executive order can't remove a protection in a statute.

its going to courts, for sure***

May 28, 2020, 4:39 PM

Actually, after reading the EO text

May 28, 2020, 7:51 PM

Let's get it out of the way...

May 28, 2020, 4:41 PM

Anyone on this board who would support any president attempting this action is a partisan idiot. Period.

Now, I know Trump's a big crybaby over Twitter's actions and actually thinks he has this power. He doesn't.

The president can't overturn laws passed by Congress just like that. If you WANT the president to be able to do that, then you don't support our Constitution and just pretty much want a dictator. Don't like me going that extreme? Prove me otherwise. The president doesn't and shouldn't have that power.

This is a crybaby kneejerk reaction that at best will be ignored and not enforced, and at worst, the Supreme Court will smash it.

Every American should support private companies having the freedom to control their own content as they see fit because, well, that's our first #### law.

Speaking of crybabies

May 28, 2020, 4:43 PM

What did I lose? I didn't know I was playing a game.***

May 28, 2020, 4:49 PM

I’m starting to think Carlsbad wasn’t really off base about

May 28, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Speaking of crybabies ]

you.

Robertn I could not possibly give less than an

May 28, 2020, 7:55 PM

I never trouble myself with the opinions of insufferable cun

May 28, 2020, 8:40 PM

ts

Re: I never trouble myself with the opinions of insufferable cun

May 28, 2020, 9:01 PM

Re: Let's get it out of the way...

May 28, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Let's get it out of the way... ]

If Twitter doesn't want to be held liable, all they have to do is not censor users based on partisan politics.

It's already been well documented that conservatives are being shadow banned on Twitter. If you want to censor people then you have to do it fairly.

Twitter really shat the bed with this move. What a bunch of idiots.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is completely wrong.

May 28, 2020, 5:10 PM

Can someone tell Clemson mountaineers why that's not at all how civil liability works?

Hint: You can't sue someone because they are partisan.

Re: That is completely wrong.

May 28, 2020, 5:32 PM

Re: Let's get it out of the way...

May 28, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get it out of the way... ]

Prove they're being shadowbanned. And Twitter still gives a voice to King Orange Idiot, so I guess there's that.

May 28, 2020, 5:49 PM

good, should make them fair/balanced

hay, if a pen and phone can do immigration, or ignore drugs laws, why not

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 6:14 PM

https://twitter.com/kpoulsen/status/1266044610037473280?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2020, 1:48 AM

It's an illegal Order and a big mistake. Trump will perpetuate any lie or conspiracy to stir up his base. Problem is his base has dwindled. He's fast approaching only the angry white male vote.

He is going to get smothered in Nov. Watch what happens in Minneapolis. You mistreat people long enough and they'll revolt. Even some of his most passionate Trump supporters are fading into the background. Trump doesn't really care for anyone but himself.

In the middle of a Pandemic with over 100,000 deaths and 1.7 million Americans infected, Trump is in Federal Court trying to get The Affordable Care Act struck down. If successful, it will strip millions of people of the health coverage...in a Pandemic.

You must be in the angry white male category, I can't figure any other. It truly astonishes me that anyone could support such a horrible, gutless human being.

Nothing about it is illegal

May 29, 2020, 1:54 AM

Replies: 74
| visibility 1,411
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic