Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump pardons Scooter Libby
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 339

Trump pardons Scooter Libby

Apr 13, 2018, 2:12 PM

Former #### Cheney chief of staff who was convicted of lying to FBI and leaking classified material to the press.

Ironical I'd say.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/13/trump-pardons-scooter-libby-bush-cheney-aide-convicted-lying-fbi/513953002/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump pardons Scooter Libby

Apr 13, 2018, 2:14 PM

Wonder what kind of message that sends to witnesses in Mueller probe?

It may be more about impugning Mueller and Comey.

Apr 13, 2018, 2:23 PM

as they were the FBI Director and Deputy Attorney General respectively at the time.

How does this play versus Trump's outspoken criticism of Bush and the Iraq War? Much of the taint of the Iraq War and massaged intelligence is on #### Cheney and his cohorts. Seems an odd sympathy for such an outspoken critic of the war.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You aren't looking at this from the correct angle....

Apr 13, 2018, 2:30 PM

Think about how much Trump is saving in royalties....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Libby did not leak. It was found that A David Armitage

Apr 13, 2018, 3:13 PM

was the leaker. Libby was guilty ONLY in a perjury trap....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Libby did not leak. It was found that A David Armitage

Apr 13, 2018, 3:22 PM

The prosecutor in the case acknowledged on the day of the verdict that David Armitage leaked 'first'. But that had no bearing on Libby's convictions.

Call it a 'perjury trap' is an interesting spin. In fact, the jury convicted him on 4 or 5 indictments: two counts of perjury, one count of obstruction of justice in a grand jury investigation, and one of the two counts of making false statements to federal investigators.

He was sentenced to 30 months in Federal prison but Bush commuted his sentence, but still required him the pay the $250,000 fine.

I'm sure if Scooter had been 'trapped' Bush would have gladly pardoned him.

what should we do with Comey then?

Apr 13, 2018, 3:25 PM

he admitted to leaking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what should we do with Comey then?

Apr 13, 2018, 3:36 PM

If what Comey did was in violation of the law then he should be prosecuted the same as anybody else.

The more pressing question, in my view, is why isn't he or Clinton for that matter being prosecuted?

Lots of people love talking about all of these law breakers, but no one can seem to explain

why they're not being prosecuted by a law enforcement apparatus controlled by Republicans.

Comey didn't break any law.

Apr 13, 2018, 4:20 PM

The information he shared was not classified or confidential.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bush didnt have the bawls.....***

Apr 13, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Libby did not leak. It was found that A David Armitage ]

Re: Bush didnt have the bawls.....***

Apr 13, 2018, 3:33 PM

That...or Bush recognized the importance of the rule of law.

Libby can't be guilty but still innocent.

He broke the law. No one is above the law.

signed Hillary

Apr 13, 2018, 3:34 PM

oh wait

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: signed Hillary

Apr 13, 2018, 3:37 PM

If Hillary broke the law she should be prosecuted.

It's really very simple. If she broke the law then lock her up.

Why isn't that happening?

Why wont Trump lock Hillary up? He promised!!!***

Apr 13, 2018, 4:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Setting aside the question of appropriateness of the pardon, this quote...

Apr 13, 2018, 3:43 PM

...is yet again an example of DJT amateur hour:

“I don’t know Mr. Libby,” Trump said in a statement released by the White House press secretary. “But for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”

It is really hard to not curse on the P&R board these days.

“Eh...*people* said he was treated unfairly...sooo, you know...I said ‘Eh...yer pardoned’...eh...hope that makes the guy happy....”

“I don’t know the guy but people said he was treated unfairly”? That’s the level of consideration you’re putting into a Presidential pardon? Or the level of consideration you think is appropriate to convey to the American people?

Absurd. I honestly think most of the people on this board...seriously...THIS board...could conduct a more effective and dignified presidency than our current president.

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 339
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic