Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: To "Pull a Clemson" is now a thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: To "Pull a Clemson" is now a thing

Jul 30, 2015, 5:18 PM

To "Pull a Clemson" is now a thing

The preaseason polls were released Thursday and it came as no surprise that the Tigers are ranked in the Top 15. It also won't be a surprise if they end the season ranked higher than they started. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: To "Pull a Clemson" is now a thing

Jul 30, 2015, 5:27 PM

Pulling a Clemson is winning the National Championship in 2015 and 2016!!! Let's get it done.

Go Tigers, pull a Clemson two years in a row!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

what are APR scores***

Jul 30, 2015, 6:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what are APR scores***

Jul 30, 2015, 7:25 PM

(From Wikipedia)

The Academic Progress Rate (APR) is a term-by-term measure of eligibility and retention for Division I student-athletes that was developed as an early indicator of eventual graduation rates.

The APR measures how scholarship student-athletes are performing term by term throughout the school year. It is a composite team measurement based upon how individual team members do academically. Teams that don’t make the 930 APR threshold are subject to sanctions. The NCAA works closely with the schools that do not meet the threshold in order to improve them. When a school has APR challenges, it may be encouraged or even required to present an academic improvement plan to the NCAA. In reviewing these plans, the national office staff encourages schools to work with other campus units to achieve a positive outcome. The staff also works with APR-challenged schools to create reasonable timelines for improvement. While eligibility requirements make the individual student-athlete accountable, the Academic Progress Rate creates a level of responsibility for the university.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:28 AM [ in reply to what are APR scores*** ]

I think it stands for Academic Progress Report, and it is a measure of academic progress toward graduation. This is a standard used to make sure teams actually put focus on academics, and not just sports. The SECheat doesn't know much about this standard. Proof of that can be found in listening to player interviews.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to what are APR scores*** ]

I think it stands for Academic Progress Report, and it is a measure of academic progress toward graduation. This is a standard used to make sure teams actually put focus on academics, and not just sports. The SECheat doesn't know much about this standard. Proof of that can be found in listening to player interviews.

Anyone know where you can find stats about pre vs. post

Jul 30, 2015, 6:32 PM

season polls? I've been really curious about this. For instance, Southern Cal consistently gets picked in the top 10 or even the top five and have been finishing mostly in the bottom five. I would love to see some stats on which teams drop like rocks every year.

Re: Anyone know where you can find stats about pre vs. post

Jul 30, 2015, 7:17 PM

Good example would be South Carolina last year.

Re: Anyone know where you can find stats about pre vs. post

Jul 31, 2015, 3:42 AM

I finally found something that goes back to 1989. I was on the right track as Southern Cal is the 3rd most consistently overrated team. Texas and Oklahoma are the most consistently overrated teams.

http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/all-teams.html

The Only Thing Left To Do ----

Jul 30, 2015, 7:43 PM

Be The National Champions Of College Football.

And win our division...***

Jul 31, 2015, 8:24 AM

To "Pull a ####" means, well I guess the coots know***

Jul 30, 2015, 7:44 PM

Re: To "Pull a ####" means...

Jul 30, 2015, 8:02 PM

Ask the girl on the parking lot video.

Jul 30, 2015, 8:10 PM

Well so much for that. Somebody had to talk about it.

Jul 30, 2015, 9:24 PM

It's only unthinkable if you don't think it!! I think some great things are in store for the Tigers!

GT was not in the top 10 last year when they beat us.

Jul 30, 2015, 9:39 PM

Just saying...
A whole lot to be proud of, but let's get the facts right.

they were in the top 10 final poll.

Jul 30, 2015, 9:41 PM

I think that it means the teams were either in the top 10 when we played them, or ended up finishing in the top 10.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Final Top 10 ranking....***

Jul 31, 2015, 8:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great find on that stat.

Jul 31, 2015, 2:48 AM

It's definitely fun being a Tigers fan right now, but there's still a lot to be done. Like Dabo said in 2009: "I'm happy but I'm far from satisfied." Stay hungry, Tigers.

Jul 31, 2015, 9:13 AM

I love it - I really do... But let's not get ahead of ourselves. As we've all learned in the past, buying into the hype can be a painful experience.

One game at a time.

So McCloud won't get the first carry...? ;~)***

Jul 31, 2015, 9:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic