Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks

May 16, 2018, 3:45 PM

Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks

Defensive tackle early-enrollee Josh Belk will transfer out after practicing this spring with Clemson, according to multiple reports. Belk chose the Tigers over Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the reason why though?***

May 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

well did you read it?***

May 16, 2018, 3:48 PM

Tweets were added afterwards.

May 16, 2018, 3:50 PM

But I've read from another outlet that it is NOT a family medical reason.

Re: well did you read it?***

May 16, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to well did you read it?*** ]

The only thing I read was how great Clemson was - had never had a connection like he had with Todd. This felt like home the more he came up here. Had a great spring - knows he's going to start in 2020. Probably have a championship under his belt this year.

Obviously they're selling something and it isn't championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the reason why though?***

May 16, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to What is the reason why though?*** ]

Maybe it's a combination of being closer to home, while his mother is sick and will probably get more playing time sooner. Hope his mother gets well and he finds what he is looking for, except wins if he goes to the Coots.

Message was edited by: Phenomize®

Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks

May 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

There better be a real good reason for this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knows!

May 16, 2018, 3:56 PM

Could be lonely, a girl, not enough entertainment in Clemson, being pushed too hard here, lazy, not happy, usc-jr needs him worse..

or DaBO’s bad dance steps!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do the coaches allow this?

May 16, 2018, 3:49 PM

Granting him a release to another school is one thing, granting him a release to our biggest rival is asinine.

Re: How do the coaches allow this?

May 16, 2018, 3:51 PM

An attitude issue or bad fit at Clemson had to be part of it. Dabo prolly thinks he can go to the coots and poison their program

'cause we all know Dabo is a clown

May 16, 2018, 3:54 PM [ in reply to How do the coaches allow this? ]

and has no clue about how to run a football program or do what's best for the young man.

good grief people how would you react if your life was under such a microscope.

May 17, 2018, 6:33 AM [ in reply to How do the coaches allow this? ]

Dabo’s decision about an unconditional release is based on what’s best for the athlete. Clemson football will be fine wherever this kid lands, including SCar.

May 18, 2018, 5:10 PM

Can't agree. Dabo's first obligation is to protect and defend our program, and to send a message that you can renege on a commitment to our program without any consequences doesn't do a service to our program or to him. And to people who whine that the poor little guy is only 18, BS. We have people his age in uniform all over the world laying their lives on the line for us every day. He is disgusting, and the idea that he will bear no responsibility for his irresponsibility is all too indicative of the decline of basic values in our society. And yes, that decline begins precisely at this level. It is what it is.

May 19, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: How do the coaches allow this? ]

This! We are not a "one trick pony", and we will be just fine without him. Obviously, he is not "all in" at Clemson. I want players who are. We will be fine without him, but if it really is a family sickness, I hope that gets better. If he left us because he wants to be a coot and play for Muschamp, we misjudged him, and we will be better without him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 3:51 PM

there's got to be more to it than 'health' issues. It's not like he is going to have time to be around his mom more playing football for the coots. He either had an attitude issue or just downright didn't like Clemson. And if he goes to the coots, I don't wish him the best.

Agreed.

May 16, 2018, 3:52 PM

I will not wish the young man good luck during his playing career at USUCK. I hope his mother gets better (if that is what is happening) and that he can have a career after USUCK. But I hope they never win a game.

May 16, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

Did ya'll ever think that since it's a family medical issue that Dabo gave him his release because it's the right thing to do? USC is the closest Div 1 program to his family and MUSC. Dabo is not stupid and the positive press that this will generate is worth it's weight in gold. He has always said that he runs a christian oriented program and this is his chance to prove it to the entire country and every recruit in it.

May 16, 2018, 4:08 PM

Do you really think he is going to be able to spend more time around mom at USCjr? No. It cuts an hour and a half off of his commute. If he truly wanted to be at clemson this wouldn't be an issue. He either didn't like clemson or he is taking time off from football completely.

May 16, 2018, 5:07 PM

I agree. The official explanation doesn't fly. I wondering if possibly he was told that he wasn't going to get a lot of playing time. Reportedly, he is very slow. This is just hearsay, so don't hold me to it. Somehow, I just don't see this as a huge loss.

May 16, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

Nope - UNC Charlotte is closest Div I program to his house.

Too bad Winthrop never got a football program off the ground***

May 16, 2018, 4:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

Has he signed anywhere as yet?

May 18, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

Bad smell to all of this. I really don't buy his stated reason. Much more here than meets the eye. Yeah okay, he's only 18, but is that too young to learn about the importance of your word, the importance of a commitment?? We have guys his age in uniform whose very lives depend on the guys guarding their flanks. Wouldn't want this guy guarding my flank. If he commits to our arch-rival then in my mind, this a total betrayal. And if so, good riddance.

1. Josh Belk has not enrolled anywhere yet
2. If the reason is his mothers health, then shame on all of you that value your fandom for a tram (that will be just fine) over a young mans relationship with his mother.
3. We don’t know the whole story.

You can say that again!***

May 16, 2018, 3:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

If family is the issue he shouldn't be playing football anywhere.

He was an early enrollee.***

May 16, 2018, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

May 16, 2018, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

But,

\do you believe his story I don't.

May 18, 2018, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

Exactly,we don't knows the total story but if you believe the current story, I know some people who'd love to sell you a used car. College football is big business, and money talks. Wasn't ther a movie called "The Smell of money?" This reeks.

May 18, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

Big bunch of "ifs."

1. Josh Belk has not enrolled anywhere yet
2. If the reason is his mothers health, then shame on all of you that value your fandom for a tram (that will be just fine) over a young mans relationship with his mother.
3. We don’t know the whole story.

May 16, 2018, 4:00 PM

WHAT DOES HIS MOTHERS HEALTH HAVE TO DO WITH GONG TO COOTERVILLE.

May 18, 2018, 4:48 PM

Right!

Wish he would stay but sounds like DaBO

May 16, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson freshman DL to transfer, possibly to Gamecocks ]

has given him “unconditional” release according to his high school coach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh...

May 16, 2018, 3:59 PM

see ya

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: meh...

May 16, 2018, 4:04 PM

Yep. Glad he’s not here anymore. We won’t miss him this or next year.

Re: meh...

May 16, 2018, 4:11 PM

why wood we?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

As much as it sucks to see a good player go to a rival

May 16, 2018, 4:02 PM

Ultimately it's all about the kids and if this is what's best for him and his family, then best of luck. To him. Not the rest of the team. He wouldn't be leaving a quality program and campus like Clemson for a crappy one like SC if he didn't have a really good reason. Classy move by the coaches to let this kid do what works best for him and his family.

Even though we're just hearing about it today, it's likely been known by the coaches for a while and something that Belk has talked to many advisors about. Lousy choice on the surface, but if this is what he feels will be best, then best of luck. But just to him. Not the rest of the team.

Go Tigers!

May 16, 2018, 4:07 PM

My biggest issue with this is the fact that while he may not have been here for any game planning, he did learn some of our defensive install this spring.. And letting him transfer to a team on our schedule this season is unacceptable, especially that team being the coots!! If he wants to be closer to his parents, then he can go the SC State route.. And after this season, then he can throw his career away with the coots if he wants to.. But he should not be allowed to be anywhere near those coaches or that team this season..

Was his mom sick when he enrolled

May 16, 2018, 4:10 PM

srs kweshion is srs.

Re: Was his mom sick when he enrolled

May 16, 2018, 4:13 PM

Bottom line......he doesn't want to be at Clemson. Dabo gave him his release. His reason is his reason. We will have a BIG class coming in next year with some new DL that will do the job. Just adds another opening for someone to step in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

What sucks though is that We can probably sign way more than 25...but are limited to just 25. Roster will be small next year

May 16, 2018, 4:17 PM

That's not really true. Early enrollees for 2019 can be backdated to the 2018 class. We'll probably wind up with about 30.

May 16, 2018, 4:21 PM

We may still be under the 85 limit though. With Belk's transfer I think we're at 79 scholarship guys, which is basically like playing under probation. Last year's class is still great but the staff was definitely too slow putting out offers at certain positions, and also shouldn't have told Dax Hollifield that we were full...twice.

At least we'll have 3 scholarship placekickers next year***

May 16, 2018, 4:27 PM

Re: At least we'll have 3 scholarship placekickers next year***

May 16, 2018, 5:08 PM

Hey now, don't speak ill of Potter.

May 18, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Was his mom sick when he enrolled ]

Apparently this was a sudden "illness," with no prior symptoms. Uh-huh.

He/his family got an attorney. Hmmm...

May 16, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Was his mom sick when he enrolled ]

Not that it matters, but methinks there's more going on. If his mother's health was all there is to it, Dabo and the university would've granted his release no problem. Oh, well...

Re: He/his family got an attorney. Hmmm...

May 17, 2018, 10:57 AM

That was the first thing I thought too, why does he need an attorney for any of this?

Hopefully he wasn't caught up in something he shouldn't have been and trying to move on before it catches up to him.

Either way, smell ya later!

Re: He/his family got an attorney. Hmmm...

May 18, 2018, 4:53 PM

Right, an attorney??? Hello!! Who paid for that?

The coots and I have feeling the NCAA will be looking into them

May 18, 2018, 5:01 PM

for keeping contact with Belk. If he ends up at USuCk I don’t think it will end pretty for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK

May 16, 2018, 4:12 PM

He's enrolled at Clemson but hasn't been there for the fall semester - no football season. Does he have to sit a year?

Re: OK

May 16, 2018, 4:23 PM

Yes, but he can enroll in school.

May 16, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to OK ]

No, he can play immediately.

May 16, 2018, 4:45 PM

No, he can play immediately.

My understanding is that it's considered just like any other transfer, he has to sit out a year unless he's a graduate transfer which he obviously isn't.

Just Speculation

May 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

I think most ppl thought he was a Gamecock all along. And many were surprised when he committed
to the Tigers. Almost seems he expected an easy road to a starting position in 018.
Oh well, I would say I wish him the best...
but at USC?

Oh well, nothing but the best :)

Re: Just Speculation

May 16, 2018, 4:26 PM

This may end up being something that people will never hear the whole truth about. But I applaud Dabo for giving him an unconditional release due to his mothers health. It was a classy and christian thing to do.

May 21, 2018, 7:19 AM

IF YOU THINK THIS WAS ABOUT HIS MOTHERS HEALTH THEN YOU TRULY ARE COOT MATERIAL.

May 18, 2018, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Just Speculation ]

I don't wish well either. Call me a sore loser, but there is a difference between a good sport and being a sucker.

May 21, 2018, 7:03 AM

You arent a sore loser you are just a chicken fan pretending to be a Tiger.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

he going to the coots? i say bye***

May 16, 2018, 5:22 PM

Re: he going to the coots? i say bye***

May 16, 2018, 7:32 PM

Good luck young man. I wish you the best. We are not privy to the details nor should we be. Although we are fans, those details are not our business.

Re: he going to the coots? i say bye***

May 18, 2018, 5:23 PM

Good luck?? A player of his profile leaving is a blow to the program and to recruiting---and therefore to the team. And now he may sign with Carolina?? And Benedict Arnold was a patriot!! And I suspect that his mother is about as sick as I am, and that isn't very sick. But, let him go. I'm already sick of hearing about him. My guess is that we'll never hear another thing about him.

With all the threads flying around on this I'm gonna get my

May 16, 2018, 5:49 PM

opinion in on the official one tied to the article. My take is if he doesn't want to be at Clemson for whatever reason, then I'm glad Dabo let him go and I wish him the best. We'll get another stud DT to replace him, and move on. If he ends up in cooterland, well then so be it...it ain't gonna make much of a difference in the outcome when Clemson comes calling.

Re: With all the threads flying around on this I'm gonna get my

May 18, 2018, 5:30 PM

My problem is that he apparently lied about his reason for leaving. But, I hope that we can drop all this. We'll recruit someone even better.

Prayers for his Mom's health.....

May 16, 2018, 5:54 PM

I wish you well young man.

Re: Prayers for his Mom's health.....

May 18, 2018, 5:27 PM

Well, we'll be fine.

He looked really good in the spring. Tough loss for us

May 16, 2018, 7:28 PM

but our end is a game, his is the health of a family member. Just wish we weren't going to have to face him on the football field. It is extremely rare that a player is given unconditional release to play for someone on the forme team's schedule.

Re: He looked really good in the spring. Tough loss for us

May 18, 2018, 5:35 PM

He's obviously NOT a family member, so let's get over that fiction. He's a sleazeball who in my opinion sold us out for money. Okay, he's gone, but let's not lionize him as some type of heroic figure he's not!! My god!!

Well, your either first or last***

May 16, 2018, 8:35 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You either contract you are as you're or your...sorry

May 17, 2018, 10:35 AM

grammar police out today.

I'm going to trust Dabo on this

May 17, 2018, 6:16 AM

If Dabo thinks an unconditional release is the right thing to do, then I'm fine with that. If he plays for the Coots, oh well. Good luck, young man.

My take, as if anyone cares.

May 17, 2018, 11:10 AM

The story doesn't matter to me. Actually where he lands doesn't really matter for me. If his mother is ill and this is what makes him feel like he can be close to her more power to him. If he just wasn't happy at Clemson, then do we really want him on the team anyway? If there were underhanded dealings, I feel sure that the staff will handle it accordingly.

Fact is, Clemson is no longer in the position where one player makes the difference. If Dabo thought it best to release him, then I will assume that decision is what is best for Clemson football.

Add to that, the press coming out is pretty glowing over his decision, it actually turns a perceived negative into a positive as far as news articles go..

On that note, God speed young man.. Clemson football will certainly be just fine.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: My take, as if anyone cares.

May 18, 2018, 5:41 PM

We got to scufflin', and Muschamp come out from behind the bar with a scatter gun. Didn't leave me no selection.

May 20, 2018, 8:32 PM

I was thinking about Josh Belk and I'm sure that Dabo showed a lot of character and the type person he truly is in releasing Belk unconditionally. I think the sad thing is that Josh Belk may become the next Marcus DuPre, and that would be a terrible thing for this young man. I hope that isn't the case, but it looks like he's heading down the same road that DuPre took.

Not a single similarity...And it's Dupree***

May 20, 2018, 8:37 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a single similarity...And it's Dupree***

May 21, 2018, 12:35 AM

Sorry, I didn't know there would be a spelling test.........thanks for correcting me.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic