Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Think our defense has a shot at being formidable again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,459

Think our defense has a shot at being formidable again

Feb 18, 2016, 5:44 PM

next year? At the very least execute well? Other than maybe corners, where are we going to lack depth?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think our defense has a shot at being formidable again

Feb 18, 2016, 6:01 PM

Strong at DT. Solid at LB. Biggest question marks IMHO is DE and CB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2016, 6:27 PM

One CB is solid. The other w/talent, help him out with a safety.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2016, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Think our defense has a shot at being formidable again ]

I'm not worried about DE. We aren't going to be as good this year, for sure...however I have full confidence in Bryant and Yeargin. I think they're both going to be very solid.

Feb 18, 2016, 7:01 PM

Our defense was good for 4-5 mistakes per game ... all in all, VERY well coached - as we all know. We have the athleticism and the talent to make waves again, and Venables will put players in position to make plays and earn their money.

It's the intangibles that made our last 2 defenses so great. Those guys had extreme work ethic and determination to win. If we can replicate that in this year's unit, we'll be just fine. If we come in thinking that we're hot s($% just because we're Clemson, then we'll have a rude awakening. My 2 cents.

Feb 18, 2016, 7:02 PM

Top 20 type defense again . Early bumps and then Venables again settles them in .
Look at the track record , 2015's defense was nearly as good overall after the 2014 defense lost 7 starters .
This guy Venables is pretty good , trust him . Our recruits and this staff are elite now . . . on both sides of the ball .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 18, 2016, 7:14 PM

I think top 10 -12 d. Too much talent, too well coached

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

We Too Deep! Will be a top 20 D for sure.***

Feb 18, 2016, 7:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sure........

Feb 18, 2016, 7:28 PM

Top 10-20, possibly higher. Too much talent, great coaching and totally destructive, demoralizing offense. The talent is through the roof but we just have to get the right pieces in place. May take a few games but WE JUST TOO DEEP!

we have talent and depth.."gelling" may take a few games.

Feb 18, 2016, 7:47 PM

my expectation is that we have another tough, agressive, venables-type defense, stronger in november and december than early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: we have talent and depth.."gelling" may take a few games.

Feb 18, 2016, 8:08 PM

After looking at DW4 and company everyday at practice I think the D will be just fine.....Cheers!!

Feb 18, 2016, 11:00 PM

I figure we will definitely be losing a bit of the push off the edge. Not a knock on the new kids, but we all got more than we expected this year, doubtful that Happens every year, so a small step back. I hate to sound sour grapes, but a lot of the "passes defended" by Mac and company were way off the mark due to a serious pass rush. QB's rarely had a chance to get set up.
I think our boys are talented, but some drop overall
Definitely good enough for a top 20 However. Not to sound like Co€k lover but BC, wake, Troy, SC St and NC St all should be good stat builders for the boys. Those games alone should keep us ranked well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will always have a good defense as long as BV is the DC

Feb 19, 2016, 1:04 AM

I remember watching the first game last year against Wofford and noticing just how well our defense was coached. 90% of the time throughout the season you always saw 2-3 guys around the ball and they tackled well. Yes, we had some busted coverages during the season but i don't care how good of a DC you are, that's just going to happen. I would not want anyone else than Brent Venables to coach this defense and i hope he stays at Clemson for a very long time.

Feb 19, 2016, 1:47 AM

Clemson has talent, great recruiting, but, most of all, Brent Venables! That is all !!

Feb 19, 2016, 2:34 AM

I think the OL is solid and the DE Line is going to so be solid as well. I asked about pass rushers for the season last week. As far as the secondary, I went back and watched some of Tankersley's blocked passes and interceptions. I think He's going to do well. It's maybe Baker on the other side? We'll see. I'm sure Venables will have the next man up ready.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic