Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
watched part of the NC game and noticed this hit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,557

watched part of the NC game and noticed this hit

Apr 8, 2020, 9:07 AM

if the roles were reversed would you be ok with the hit? Just curious. He wasn't tackling anyone and I do believe he recognized that the ball had not been caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P28CA0FmRzs

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen lesser hits called...

Apr 8, 2020, 9:15 AM

defenseless player or something like that.

I think it's part of football but even the LSU player was looking around for a flag after the play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've seen lesser hits called...

Apr 18, 2020, 1:56 AM

I really thought it could’ve been a penalty for unnecessary roughness . The ball had already passed by the defender, as well as Amari .

But as we all know , it was a rough night for the officials .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: watched part of the NC game and noticed this hit

Apr 8, 2020, 9:24 AM

Yeah. I remember that play. I was very pissed at the time, although I knew the refs weren't going to throw a flag. They were absent all night for both teams.
The one that really pissed me off was the offensive pass interference call against Tee Higgins on the TD catch. After calling nothing all night, they pick one of the biggest plays in the game to make a sorry call. Those refs were horrible for both teams.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Apr 18, 2020, 1:33 AM

Higgins gained an obvious advantage by grabbing Vincent's jersey shoulder and pulling down, causing him to fall to the ground. This is by definition offensive pass interference, as it "allowed one player to gain advantage over the other" by their illegal action. Had he not fallen, they probably would not have thrown a flag.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2020, 1:38 AM

Stupid troll user name, coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While the receiver is defenseless...

Apr 8, 2020, 9:33 AM

most officials aren't going to call that since the defender didn't lead with the helmet or make contact with the receiver to the head or neck area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 8, 2020, 10:43 AM

I've seen worse.

Both players were running full tilt at each other from opposite directions, so I think it would be nearly impossible to expect a defender to pull up unless it was 100% obvious the ball wasn't catchable. If I'm that defender I'm not pulling up on Amari Rodgers either, I'm making sure he doesn't catch the ball. Rodger is a baller, and if the football is a few inches lower he catches it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 12:11 PM

That throw is a good example of the only thing missing in Trevor’s game. A little more arc on those mid range throws instead of powering them all the time. I think Burrow is a lot like Joe Montana in that regard - not that strong an arm but a great feel for dropping it over and under DBs with touch.

All that being said give me Trevor all day every day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

50-50 here since it was a high fast ball & then hit was instantaneous..

Apr 8, 2020, 1:08 PM

with little ability to stop..but player may could have lessened his hit impact..but it’s big boy football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,557
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic