Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU and Former coot recruit Arden "Feel my Ralph" Key ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

LSU and Former coot recruit Arden "Feel my Ralph" Key ...

Feb 15, 2017, 7:19 PM

stepping away from football for personal reasons

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-star-de-arden-key-spending-time-away-from-football-for-personal-reasons/

Signing Day
Recruits

Play
Watch
Listen

LSU star DE Arden Key spending time away from football for 'personal reasons'
Key was one of the best players in the SEC in 2017

by Chip Patterson
@Chip_Patterson
3h ago • 1 min read

LSU star defensive end Arden Key is leaving the team for an undetermined amount of time, the school announced Wednesday.  
“In consultation with our staff and his family, Arden Key has decided to take some time away from football for personal reasons,” coach Ed Orgeron said in a release. “We fully support Arden in his decision and look forward to welcoming him back home to the Tiger family at the appropriate time.”
Key was an All-SEC player in 2016 and considered one of the best overall players in the league returning for 2017. The Tigers are deep and talented on the defensive line but losing Key, if he does not return for the fall, would be a huge blow in Orgeron’s first full season as coach. 
Aside from Key, the LSU defensive front is packed with raw talent but low on experience, particularly on the edge. Key and fellow outside linebacker Tashawn Bower were backed up by freshmen at the end of 2016 (Michael Divinity Jr., Ray Thornton and Sci Martin). 
The Tigers defense will also be light on household names outside of Key, with Tre’Davious White and Jamal Adams off to the NFL Draft. Luckily, LSU locked down five-star outside linebacker K’Lavon Chaisson on signing day, securing the future of the position after Key’s exit, whenever that may be. 
Of course, LSU is hoping that after some time away Key will return to the team rejuvenated and ready to make a run at the program’s first SEC West title since 2011. 

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i.e. rehab time for alcohol and/or drug addiction***

Feb 15, 2017, 7:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rehab...rejuve... It's just a matter of semantics.***

Feb 15, 2017, 11:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i.e. rehab time for alcohol and/or drug addiction***

Feb 16, 2017, 9:54 AM [ in reply to i.e. rehab time for alcohol and/or drug addiction*** ]

that's crazy that you know this kid personally and can speak on that. he's a stud athlete and tore it up last year, tell him we are all pulling for him. I'm sure you wouldn't speak on something like that without actually knwoing the facts, like something a coot would do when we have had players step away for personal reasons

"was one of best in 2017"?

Feb 16, 2017, 12:00 AM

Is time going backwards?

Re: "was one of best in 2017"?

Feb 16, 2017, 10:12 AM

Reading comprehension is important.

"Key was an All-SEC player in 2016 and considered one of the best overall players in the league returning for 2017."

Re: LSU and Former coot recruit Arden "Feel my Ralph" Key ...

Feb 16, 2017, 2:16 AM

I never want to pull against someone with their whole life ahead of themselves. Hope he gets things in order and squared away. And I hope he continues to excel in the field and eventually off the field as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow.. he was a beast this year.***

Feb 16, 2017, 8:06 AM

Re: Wow.. he was a beast this year.***

Feb 16, 2017, 8:13 AM

Their bowl game was in December , right ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm not ready to call the 2016 football season "last year"

Feb 16, 2017, 8:23 AM

Waiting until at least the spring game for that.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic