Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the kindness of tolerance and inclusivity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 469

the kindness of tolerance and inclusivity

Aug 26, 2020, 8:59 AM

https://www.newsweek.com/bette-midler-melania-trump-rnc-tweet-racist-accent-languages-twitter-1527689

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the kindness of tolerance and inclusivity

Aug 26, 2020, 9:04 AM

its who liberals are man. they throw shade at everyone else and liberals are the problem. its very simplistic when you think about it all. its always the loud and crying kid that causes all the issues. not the one in the corner being quiet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's no way to talk about our President.***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:05 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that supposed to be Falwell's twisted defense...? Sad.***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: the kindness of tolerance and inclusivity ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How in the world does this end up being about liberals?

Aug 26, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: the kindness of tolerance and inclusivity ]

Are Bette Midler's opinions on economic and social systems connected to her mean tweet? What about her favorite ice cream flavor? Frankly I think it's chocolate and I think this says everything we need to know about chocoholics. Bunch of intolerant jerks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait a second...

Aug 26, 2020, 10:43 AM

isn't that what we do on P & R? Throw out crap with a broad shovel that we think makes the other side look bad.

Bette Midler is a liberal so all liberals are pieces of trash!

Fight me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wait a second...

Aug 26, 2020, 10:59 AM

Ah, I get it. I had no idea she's a liberal, so I was lost from the get go. Social liberal? Economic? Classical? Just in terms of taxation? In terms of all issues except taxation? We have to make sure we're hating the correct category of people here. If she's a fiscal moderate but a social liberal I don't want to go hating on fiscal liberals by mistake.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seriously though...

Aug 26, 2020, 11:08 AM

I'm becoming further confused at what everybody believes I ought to think. I think in many ways, understanding the actually meaning of the labels we are forced to take, I am more liberal and progressive than those that think they are liberal and progressive.

The confusion isn't your fault.

Aug 26, 2020, 11:36 AM

I've got a friend who considers himself a "leftist" and calls me a "liberal" and thinks I'm wrong about a variety of political issues. From what I can tell, "leftist" is where you like identity politics, cancel culture, and unrealistic solutions to complicated problems, and hate people who think differently from you because they are monsters. "Liberals," meanwhile, are basically conservatives in sheep's clothing who aren't woke and are part of the problem.

I'm not endorsing any of these labels but just describing what I think my friend believes.

that is the problem...

Aug 26, 2020, 11:43 AM

and I could be wrong, because I obviously wasn't alive then, but I think (from research) the strength of our ancestors who founded this country was they were able to be tolerant of different thought.

While I do believe Christian ideals helped put this experiment together, this was never a "Christian country." And this was on purpose.

There were a lot of differing views, but acceptance and tolerance and respect for others was a reality. Not there was no nastiness, there was just more openness.

Message was edited by: franc1968®

Aug 26, 2020, 9:04 AM

Isn't it weird how she was immediately criticized for her bad tweet and nobody (practically, there's probably at least one idiot out there) bent over backwards to defend her?

don't think it is weird at all***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:08 AM

No, it's not surprising at all.

Aug 26, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: the kindness of tolerance and inclusivity ]

The leaders appeased the gator in hopes he would eat them last. Midler isn't the first to be eaten but she is one of the first of the leaders. The gator continues...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it's not surprising at all.

Aug 26, 2020, 12:00 PM

Re: No, it's not surprising at all.

Aug 26, 2020, 6:18 PM [ in reply to No, it's not surprising at all. ]

idk but Kaya jones

Aug 26, 2020, 9:39 AM

has some boobies

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: idk but Kaya jones

Aug 26, 2020, 11:26 AM

That is a quality observation, sir, and one I can get behind. Or in front of.

Whatever. Those of you arguing, carry on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Bette Midler is the spokesperson for tolerance?

Aug 26, 2020, 9:41 AM

It seems like you're accusing her of hypocrisy, which is fine, but who really cares what Bette Midler thinks? Looks like everyone's calling her a racist now, so the usual system is doing its job.

well, obviously she isn't the spokesperson for tolerance...

Aug 26, 2020, 10:15 AM

duh

I probably just missed the point.***

Aug 26, 2020, 10:56 AM

no, I think you got the point...

Aug 26, 2020, 11:09 AM

you just steered the thread toward reality.

who knew xenophobia was the wind beneath her wings?***

Aug 26, 2020, 10:07 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: who knew xenophobia was the wind beneath her wings?***

Aug 26, 2020, 10:23 AM

Terrible tweet.***

Aug 26, 2020, 11:24 AM

She has a history

Aug 26, 2020, 12:01 PM

Aug 26, 2020, 12:27 PM

Typical and disgusting.

These libs are so stupid they do not even realize the hypocrisy they live in and create.

98% of the chit they do and say is fake. Completely divorced from reality.

Replies: 25
| visibility 469
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic