Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Jeff Scott on the 2017 offense: Don't believe the lie
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Jeff Scott on the 2017 offense: Don't believe the lie

Aug 7, 2017, 1:09 PM

Jeff Scott on the 2017 offense: Don't believe the lie

The Clemson offense will take the field against Kent St. next month with a bit of a new look. Gone are stalwarts like Deshaun Watson, Wayne Gallman, Jordan Leggett and Mike Williams. In their place will be a bevy of talented youngsters who are ready to prove there won’t be any drop off. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake news & Crooked media ... gets you every time.***

Aug 7, 2017, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fake news & Crooked media ... gets you every time.***

Aug 7, 2017, 1:50 PM

Fake news and lying A$S media that can never be trusted of believed I'll say!!! But if anyone thinks this isn't a very true statement. Just ask our President Donald Trump, he will gladly tell that what I say is the truth and nothing but the truth!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/donald-trump-war-with-the-media/index.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But some people on t-net are saying

Aug 7, 2017, 1:26 PM

Never mind what they say. This offense is going to be good. That's what I said in the first post I posted on this board and I stand by it. This is not going to be a 2014 Stoudt led offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh. There's going to be a dropoff, but that doesn't mean it

Aug 7, 2017, 1:29 PM

won't be a good offense. We can have a small drop off and still be really darn good.

Re: Eh. There's going to be a dropoff, but that doesn't mean it

Aug 7, 2017, 1:42 PM

I can agree with that. However, even last year with all the talent we had on Offense, a lot of people were disappointed and wondering what the heck was going on for the first few games with our offense. Even prompted Watson to apologize and all. I think we're going to be more like 2010 Clemson Offense, but with more firepower at receiver and running back.

lord i hope we dont have the 2010 offense

Aug 7, 2017, 3:04 PM

we were lost....which is what prompted bringing in Chad Morris

bc I was curious I look up our Ave Yards per game: 334 yards/game

2011 with Morris: 440 yards/ game

2016 under Elliot: 504/game

I think we will be close to 500 again but more balanced

Message was edited by: tbennett117®

2010?

Aug 7, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Eh. There's going to be a dropoff, but that doesn't mean it ]

Sorry dude but I have to ask, do you even watch Clemson football? Have you kept up much with this team since then? Do you have any idea the type of talent that Dabo & co have amassed at QB and every other position on the field? C'mon man. Really?

Re: New Story: Jeff Scott on the 2017 offense: Don't believe the lie

Aug 7, 2017, 1:47 PM

SOME of you folks on Tnet make me tired. Lol. I think we believe we have arrived at National relevance in football. We won the last NC. We have a highly recruited class the last several years. Talk on Tnet seems to generally agree with this sentiment, but not all. Then as the season approaches, some resonate with media that suggests doubt on the DW4 replacement that means the offense will be the weak link.

Prepare to be wrong. Scott is right imo. Tiger offense will be strong. State your opinion now. We have the talent, tools, and coaches. Like every year. Relax and watch it unfold.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 2:08 PM

Agree 100%.

Oddly, last year when expectations were through the roof, we stumbled out of the starting gate.

This year, quite the opposite, there are closet naysayers, but with expectations considerably moderated, and a stable of talent on offense, I believe we are all going to be very pleasantly surprised!

I can't wait, spot the dang ball!

We seemed to be a little more consistant in 2015

Aug 7, 2017, 2:38 PM

one play different and we are back to back national champions or back to back runners up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We seemed to be a little more consistant in 2015

Aug 7, 2017, 3:38 PM

Dang skraight!!

I concur.***

Aug 7, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jeff Scott on the 2017 offense: Don't believe the lie ]

Aug 7, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Jeff Scott on the 2017 offense: Don't believe the lie ]

I look around at all the talent and see players that want to go out and kick some @$$! I saw Dabo after practice have this look in his eyes when asked what he thought about the team. He held back from telling the reporters something that he knows when he sees these guys get out on the field. IT IS GOING TO BE ELECTRIC! I think all the coaches know it and just keep smiling and keeping these young men humble and hungry!

#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 2:52 PM

I love hearing that about Overton. Kid is huge and I remember being real excited when he committed. This offense will be fun to watch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 3:16 PM

Overton looks huge in that pic.

I think the difference, and possibly fill-in for loss in...

Aug 7, 2017, 3:52 PM

passing, this year could be our rushing attack. No knock on Gallman as he protected Deshaun, didn't lose yards, nor turn the ball over, but we have a 220 lb back that is FAST.

I expect the OL to be better this year, and for the first time in a LONG time, we could have a rusher with at least 10 games of 120+ yards each during the regular season.

Aug 7, 2017, 4:09 PM

I believe that the running game will be the bread and butter this year, and when opponents load the box, they will pay dearly.
I also believe that our defense will lead the nation in 3 and outs, tackles for loss, and sacks.
Go Tigers!!!

I feel sorry for Kent St already.***

Aug 7, 2017, 4:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Was asked about Clemson a few times on golf course

Aug 7, 2017, 4:40 PM

My answer was along the lines of the following:

Sure, we lost Watson, Gallman, Scott, Williams, and Leggett. That's a lot of skill to replace, but we've been recruiting that replacement for awhile now. The younger players being brought up in the system will certainly need to step up, but we've got guys like Hunter Johnson (ESPN's #1 QB for 2017 [As of Aug 4 2016]), Tee Higgins (#2 WR), Amari Rogers (#12 WR), Tavian Feaster (#5 RB)...

Our Defense is poised to be second to none this year.

With that Defense and a seasoned O-line ready to be a wall for any QB a plow for any RB, if the Offense can be merely above average and keep the ball safe then we will be in a position to win any game.

We can follow the Alabama plan from last year: prevent other teams from scoring--getting defensive touchdowns is really super helpful!--and stay under control on the offensive side. Bama "protected" Jalen Hurts and he got them to the Title game.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2016/8/25/12639984/imagining-a-jalen-hurts-alabama-offense-saban-spread

When Kelly (or Johnson) and Feaster & receivers get their game going, we'll be OK. Hopefully that doesn't take 3 or 4 games.

Surviving the stretch of Auburn, @Louisville, and @VaTech will be the key.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately........

Aug 7, 2017, 4:50 PM

I see this offense forcing alot of things early on. Hope I am wrong.
Least till the QBs prove they can make the right reads/throws.

Re: unfortunately........

Aug 7, 2017, 5:36 PM

I'm not so sure we'll see a lot of passing early on, unless the game is on the line. I suspect we'll see a steady diet of the buck sweep, with many variations of the ball carrier - RBs, Qbs, WRs. With an improved O-line and better blocking from TEs, the buck sweep should be our base play and can be run as a straight handoff, option rollout or jet sweep. We have the wizards to make the magic show work. Once the sweep starts to work, the double-slant passing game will open up to work off of the sweep fake. We should absolutely destroy some teams with the talent and speed we have.

Tiger Fans who pay attention to recruiting rankings & such.

Aug 7, 2017, 6:43 PM

Folks who keep up with recruiting are not as worried about the offense. Clearly, this is the case I am starting to see. Oregons powerful offense went from D. Dixon, Mariotta, Darron Smith, Masoli, etc. Urban Meyer and the speed option game made Tebow, Leak, Alex Smith, Cardalle Jones, all household names. In other words, as the article stated. The standard and expectations haven't graduated! The abilities of the kids competing for the starting job are so great, it should make for a superior QB!
"Iron Sharpens Iron" as it is said! All these guys are very talented. All want to be the starter! I can see a couple of these guys transferring out unfortunately. They talented enough to start almost anywhere else not named Clemson; to the few who don't get the starting role.
Tajh Boyd - set a bunch of Clemson records. CU won a bunch of games w/him at the helm. He and Watson engineered victories over Media darling Ohio St. Tajh Boyd didn't play last year; Watson did and broke a # of Boyd's records. And so, Watson moves on and " while I get the anxiety " you have to trust the evaluation process! Ever notice sometimes even for an east coast kid Clemson is not listed on the ESPN ticker as a possible landing spot? Why, b/c they only take kids who they feel can be molded into what they need to be successful. It's no accident only the two media darlings and little ole Clemson have the best winning % in college football( bama, osu). It only happens when you get pieces that fit in what you are doing! Physically and more important mentally! If anything, b/c of the stiff competition the new QB may be far more advanced than we could ever hope. How much real competition did Watson have when he came in? Boyd? It was those guys jobs to lose basically! **somebody will mention Stoudt in....3,2,1.. but serious comp? These guys are all going to be so much better b/c of the QB comp going on CU is going to surprise some people " I BELIEVE 100% "!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh. I'm not a rocket scientist but i know 61 in Stoudt Year

Aug 8, 2017, 6:52 PM

So basically we did good during Watson and Boyd years and ranked 61 during Cole Stoudt.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic