Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The loss of Chalmers is huge and we are running out of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 4,325

The loss of Chalmers is huge and we are running out of

Mar 21, 2016, 8:18 PM

warm bodies at the cornerback position. Maybe by the second or third game of the season, we will be able to simply put more points on the board than opponents can match. But the fact is, we open with Auburn. I doubt very seriously we are going to waltz into Auburn and put up 0 points, maybe not even 30. They have a big front 7 and several guys that could have gone pro early and, for whatever reason, they didn't. We will have a hard time scoring a lot of points on them on opening day in their stadium. Anyone remember the trip to Louisville last season. If we are sputtering on offense and our defense is not playing at better than it was at the end of last season (which wasn't very good and that was with Lawson, Dodd, Alexander, Kearse, Dodson, and blanks), we will lose the opener. The only saving grace would be that if we were to finish 12-1 and ACC champs, we'd still be in playoff contention. But we had better be able to hold Auburn to a decent amount of points.

Malzahn prides himself on his offense and even though they had an off season last year, he will be working on the offense all off-season. Our defense will have the luxury of an offense that is simly able to outscore people, but they won't have that luxury on opening day. I think our offense is going to take a while to get in the flow, heck it took them two quarters in Columbia in week 12 last year. I don't want to lose the opener, but its on the road at Auburn and we are running out of people to play in the secondary. It just goes to show, that there is never enough depth, and there is never a time to give scholarships to friends, or friends of friends. Those scholarships need to go to people that can take the field and play at this level

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The loss of Chalmers is huge and we are running out of

Mar 21, 2016, 8:23 PM

OK< he brought all this on himself!! he had to go!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that. He did have to go. When you have a

Mar 21, 2016, 8:34 PM

scale in the car, that means one think. I knew when I saw that in the report, that he was gone. However, that doesn't mean I'm not worried about the position.

Dabo said today we have 8-9 guys who can play CB.

Mar 21, 2016, 8:28 PM

We'll be fine.

I hope that's the case***

Mar 21, 2016, 8:32 PM

Re: Dabo said today we have 8-9 guys who can play CB.

Mar 21, 2016, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Dabo said today we have 8-9 guys who can play CB. ]

His departure is the least of my concerns. We are very deep in talent. Next man up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 8:29 PM

"we running out of warm bodies at the cornerback position."

We have 10 CB on the roster . Hope talking the 5 heart guys doesn't come back and bite us in the a$$.

man, all the low-pulsers are crawling out now.***

Mar 21, 2016, 8:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: man, all the low-pulsers are crawling out now.***

Mar 21, 2016, 9:04 PM

They are not unveiled. They are there for all to see, and there seem to be plenty who are hoping we fail, just like always. It will not happen, though, and they will crawl back under their rocks and cry in lonliness, just like always.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 8:32 PM

I understand the concern, but it doesn't matter at this point. Next man up. Every team faces this kind of stuff, not just Clemson. We said that last year with the DL, they did fine. It'll all work out.

Agree that all we can do is next man up, but it is troubling***

Mar 21, 2016, 8:36 PM

Re: Agree that all we can do is next man up, but it is troubling***

Mar 21, 2016, 9:17 PM

We have better athletes coming in than the ones we are losing.
As for Auburn, we will put 45 on them.
(40 on the mighty Tide)

Re: Agree that all we can do is next man up, but it is troubling***

Mar 22, 2016, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Agree that all we can do is next man up, but it is troubling*** ]

Who's Dodson ?
You do know that we could line up 2 different CB's in every quarter of the opener , right ?
As much as you'd probably like to be right , Clemson will beat the brakes off of Auburn in the opener .
I think scoring 30 is to be expected , and with Kevin Steele at the DC in his first year with new players ? 40+ , book it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

tl;dr***

Mar 21, 2016, 8:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

losing a troublemaker is a gain

Mar 21, 2016, 8:35 PM

I've been managing people for 20 years and eliminating a troublemaker, even a hard-working troublemaker is a long term benefit. Don't sweat it.

Get that rotten apple out of the barrel.***

Mar 21, 2016, 9:02 PM

Mar 21, 2016, 8:40 PM

Did you see how bad Allbarns offense was last season? They were aweful. Doubt it's fixed so soon against OUR front 7

I'm with the other tiger. We'll be fine

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 8:43 PM

A Tiger wanting to play ball will step up to the opportunity!!!

Mar 21, 2016, 8:47 PM

What happened to the guys who transferred in? Are they eligible this season?

Also thinking the db rotation is looking like

Cb1: Tankersley, Trapp
Cb2: Fields, Dawkins Jr
Nickel: Mullen, Wiggins
Ss: Johnson, Muse
FS: Carter, Van Smith

Sam: O'Daniel, Wiggins

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

trapp...Dawkins...n Mullen are nowhere near being physically

Mar 21, 2016, 8:53 PM

Ready to contribute on the two deep this year...wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Re: trapp...Dawkins...n Mullen are nowhere near being physically

Mar 21, 2016, 8:58 PM

so a top 50 5 star player will not be ready huh. who knew. you i guess.

not saying they are not or will not be absolute studs

Mar 21, 2016, 9:19 PM

Just saying 160 pounders are a little light in the pants to be major contributors this year

Re: trapp...Dawkins...n Mullen are nowhere near being physically

Mar 21, 2016, 9:00 PM [ in reply to trapp...Dawkins...n Mullen are nowhere near being physically ]

Not much of a choice. I think the front 7 will make up for the lack of depth tbh. This front 7 will be the most athletic group in years. If Clemson makes it out of September unscathed I don't see any losses. Once that front 7 gels no one will have time to test the Secondary, everyone will be throwing quick passes and trying to run off balance sets. That's just how I see things going down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What about

Mar 21, 2016, 9:21 PM [ in reply to trapp...Dawkins...n Mullen are nowhere near being physically ]

Dwnzel Johnson and Wallace?

Do they meet your muster?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Maybe I'm too confident but

Mar 21, 2016, 9:34 PM

I'm not worried about Auburn at all. If DW is healthy then it is a W. Mullen will be ready, if our starters stay healthy and Mullen can be solid by the end of the season we will be in good shape. He is probably 165-170 now, tall frame should be atleast 180 by the season, and most NFL corners are about 190. Don't think 10 lbs is going to keep him off the field, plus he can always take one of the less physical receivers. It's not like he is going to be going up against NUK. The other corner we took late looks like he could be ready to play early as well.

The homer is so strong in this thread

Mar 22, 2016, 12:50 AM

Even if you think Clemson's a good bit better than Auburn, it's ridiculous to say you're "not worried at all" when we've got so many question marks on defense and we're playing a team with so much talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If completely healthy, Wiggins is starting***

Mar 21, 2016, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The loss of Chalmers is huge and we are running out of ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is coming from someone who said we would only win 7

Mar 21, 2016, 9:07 PM

After Williams got injured last year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nobody happier than me for that prediction to be wrong. By

Mar 22, 2016, 2:59 PM

the way, I don't have a clue as to anything you've ever posted. How do you know my win prediction? You have a lot of time on your hands, or either absolutely nothing going on.

Re: Nobody happier than me for that prediction to be wrong. By

Mar 22, 2016, 5:33 PM

Because people remember when idiotic things are said, and you seem to say a lot of things that people remember. Take that for what it's worth.

Re: Nobody happier than me for that prediction to be wrong. By

Mar 22, 2016, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Nobody happier than me for that prediction to be wrong. By ]

Because I remember how ####### ridiculous it was that and you're one of the most negative posters on this board.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

This Is Comical

Mar 21, 2016, 9:51 PM

The tiger db's are good, but only one was a true shut down for 2 yrs. The pressure by BV's front 7 allowed very good db's to play freely. That will not change and the back end will be able to do what's needed. Talent and coaching wins out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The biggest loss is to himself and his family...

Mar 21, 2016, 9:54 PM

How stupid can one be...they are told over and over again about drugs. They what happen to Bryant and it continues...kids don't think.

As far as AU

Mar 21, 2016, 10:53 PM

They have to get a QB to run their system first. Meaning; if that guy emerges it will have to be in his first game against us. Gus' O is more run, which is the first and foremost top stop by a coach V D.

Not worried about AU at all and just like when we played LSU, there is a couple guys on that AU D who have one coming their way week one this year!

UofL's defense was a good bit better than Auburn's

Mar 22, 2016, 12:44 AM

Also consider what Kevin Steele's defenses look like against dual- threat QBs. Losing so many DBs is really concerning, but Auburn's strength still is running the ball. It's going to be a tough game, but we still have the advantage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2016, 6:09 PM

You need to take a good look at how many points Auburn scored all of last year and then tell me you're worried.

I'm not saying we have a lock, because crazy things happen - particularly in first games - but they usually happen to both teams.

Anyway, I'll take whatever odds or points you're giving.

Mar 22, 2016, 7:27 PM

The sky is not falling!!

Chill

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 4,325
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic