Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For anyone watching the Finals:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

For anyone watching the Finals:

Jun 9, 2015, 10:23 PM

This is why you build a team on defense. No matter how many scorers go down, you can always rely on your defense to come through. Cleveland is shutting down the highest scoring team in the NBA right now. This series should be over, but Cleveland is tenacious and scrappy.

All Brownell needs is a couple guys who can really put it in the hoop consistently, and we'll have a strong club.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA

Jun 9, 2015, 10:51 PM

ball yet say that they do not play defense in the League. They are the best hoops players on the planet and it is not even debatable. Cleveland is playing ludicrous defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are incredible athletes, and their basketball skills

Jun 9, 2015, 11:13 PM

are off the charts. While I've watched more of it this year than in a long time for those reasons, I still can't watch a whole game because I no longer understand it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA

Jun 9, 2015, 11:20 PM [ in reply to totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA ]

The problem is they dont play like this during the regular season.

I love playoff NBA basketball reg season not nearly as muhc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 9, 2015, 11:27 PM

Same. I only tune in for the playoffs.

Jun 10, 2015, 12:00 AM

While this is not lebron's fault at all, I can't help but think if he played in the Jordan/ Magic era he would foul out in the first half. Cudos to him for being the best in the world playing the way bball is officiated today, but I think Currey would be great in any era.

absolutely***

Jun 10, 2015, 12:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2015, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA ]

Lebron knows he wont get called for anything so he does whatever he wants.

Shoves defenders off him runs over Curry etc....

He knows he wont be put in foul trouble it is bad for the ratings.

null

Just the NBA trying to control the story lines***

Jun 10, 2015, 12:12 AM

it's just officiated that way for him, he has been getting away with charges the whole playoffs***

Jun 10, 2015, 12:10 AM [ in reply to Re: totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA ]

several times, just in the short time I watched, he lowered

Jun 10, 2015, 12:18 AM

his shoulder and just rammed his way right through a defender. A couple of other times, he used his arm to push them away. Nary a whistle. That's the part I don't understand about basketball today, because I thought those things were against the rules.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I meant each time he has the ball***

Jun 10, 2015, 12:21 AM

It is in the NBA...

Jun 10, 2015, 12:25 AM [ in reply to several times, just in the short time I watched, he lowered ]

Something they have put an emphasis over the past 5 seasons. But the NBA wants Lebron to win the title, so they let him get away with it. He had played this way the whole playoffs. Any other player and that's a foul. Without the refs the cavs would have lost 4 games to 1 against the Bulls in the second round.

Re: It is in the NBA...

Jun 10, 2015, 8:34 AM

The NBA has always been that way. Great players not only demand respect from other players but the refs as well. Many talked about Jordan the same way.

null

Lebron hasn't gotten any calls during the Finals

Jun 10, 2015, 8:45 AM [ in reply to It is in the NBA... ]

Have you seen the abuse he's been taking without a whistle? Every time he drives to the hoop he's getting hacked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Lebron hasn't gotten any calls during the Finals

Jun 10, 2015, 8:55 AM

You serious clark?

null

Yes, I'm serious. Are you implying with your

Jun 10, 2015, 9:09 AM

reply that James doesn't get hacked every time he goes to the rim?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes, I'm serious. Are you implying with your

Jun 10, 2015, 10:20 AM

You mean hacked while he is shoving defenders away with his off arm?

null

No, I mean hacked when driving to the hoop and

Jun 10, 2015, 10:35 AM

guys start reaching in and grabbing him. The announcers have discussed it over and over for the last 2 games. The no-calls could have cost the game in Game 2, as they were completely egregious...especially when he got held down on the jump ball.

Re: No, I mean hacked when driving to the hoop and

Jun 10, 2015, 10:44 AM

Jump ball was bad...

The hack one they referred to doesnt really count since Lebron walked a mile before any contact was made. He changed his pivot foot at least twice on that drive.

null

There has been way more than one hack that they

Jun 10, 2015, 10:56 AM

have referred to. It's almost every time he drives. And yes he uses his arm to get separation, as do most 3's and 4's in the NBA. Watch how dirty Bogut plays, especially in rebounding situations. Last night, there were at least 3 blatant holds on rebounds where Bogut grabbed a Cavs player by the arm and prevented a rebound. It got called once in Game 2, and 0 times last night. Are ratings worse when Bogut is in foul trouble too?

I don't think anyone would notice if Bogut

Jun 10, 2015, 11:04 AM

hit the bench permanently. Going into 2016, the Warriors have to find some sort of true inside presence. Bogut is not it.

LBJ gets fouled harder, and more often

Jun 10, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Lebron hasn't gotten any calls during the Finals ]

Than any player in the NBA. Several nba analyst say they've never seen a superstar not get calls like lbj. In fact, the nba released a statement after game 2 saying the refs missed a couple fouls against him in crunch time.

Plus, players seriously hack the #### out of him. It comes with being the best.

Admittedly, I'm biased on this subject

Jun 10, 2015, 10:31 AM

but when I hear the announcers harp on it over and over for two games, there's definitely something to it.

Re: Admittedly, I'm biased on this subject

Jun 10, 2015, 10:39 AM

Seriously watch how Lebron uses his off arm everytime he gets the ball...

Those are fouls. The announcers even mentioned it last night when he called one of the more egregious shoves. He sent Iggy 3' backwards in order to create separation. No call of course.

Like I said the NBA is all about ratings... Lebron on the bench in foul trouble = lower ratings. He knows this they know this.

null

Thats not a foul! Hes not pushing off hes just using his

Jun 10, 2015, 11:16 AM

size to his advantage...and like most have said he gets fouled WAY more than he actually gets the calls... I mean Lebron has 50 pounds on AI and you know good and well some of these guys are great actors now and make a small shove look like Lebron pushed him to the other side of the gym...flopping and throwing you body to make it looked like you got hit is an art in the NBA now I think they practice it LOL So you are saying that its basically not right that Lebron being as big and Strong as he is that he shouldn't be able to drive like that...I mean hes a beast he doesn't throw his ### arms out LOL usually hes protecting the ball on the drives, so if he shoulders or something hit someone and he bounces off that is in no way shape or form a foul.

Umm, you could hand check in that era, Lebron would be

Jun 10, 2015, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA ]

fine.

Yep.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:45 AM

Exactly why it would be crazy to see Jordan play today.....no hand checking.

Jun 10, 2015, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA ]

Well IMO its bc there are 8 teams that get in the playoffs from each side...so really I mean unless you are not very good you should make it...which means during a long season you don't want to wear yourself down so I get it...just rely on scoring and get through the reg season to get into the playoffs...

Jun 10, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to totally agree. I laugh at folks who do not watch NBA ]

It only looks like defense because they play zero during the regular season and minimal in the post season compared to the NBA from the late 60's thru mid 80's before Stern ruined the game when he created the "star system".

Re: For anyone watching the Finals:

Jun 9, 2015, 10:51 PM

The thing that's messed up is GS has the #1 or #2 defense in the league...they're just totally lost mentally it seems.

They have the #1 defense

Jun 10, 2015, 1:34 PM

and their defense has held up pretty well. They only let Cleveland get to triple digits once, and that was game 1 in OT when the Warriors won.

They're not getting it done on the other side of the court, where Cleveland is playing great defense. Delly has gotten into Curry's head big time and last night it looked like it has spilled over to Klay Thompson.

So all you need is Lebron James

Jun 9, 2015, 10:54 PM

And load the rest of your team up with defense.

Certainly, having James helps the cause.

Jun 10, 2015, 9:47 AM

But they're going up against a team who has a former all-star in David Lee riding the bench. They are very deep and very talented. Defense has been the key for the Cavs through the first 3 games.

I get less impressed by what Curry and

Jun 10, 2015, 10:39 AM

Thompson has around them the more I watch. The frontline is useless for GS. GS is the worst 60 plus win team other than this year's Hawks that I've seen.

Re: For anyone watching the Finals:

Jun 10, 2015, 12:00 AM

Your last sentence sums up Brownell's biggest problem since he's been at Clemson - not developing multiple consistent scorers.

yeah but we won't receive help from the refs like the cavs do...

Jun 10, 2015, 12:08 AM

Because the NBA wants Lebron James to win the title. The NBA has been allowing Lebron to lower his shoulders 3-4 times a possession so he can create space to score. If the NBA refs were calling it fair, the cavs wouldn't have made it to the finals. The NBA is letting Lebron get away with charging the way they let Shaq get away with it in the early 2000's. NBA is just picking a champ instead of having the refs call a fair game.

What?! Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...so

Jun 10, 2015, 8:13 AM

the NBA is letting LeBron average 40 points and almost a triple double??HAHAHA ok that's ignorant...for the same few plays that he lowers his shoulder and gets to the rim he has the same that he takes a lot of contact but being so big and strong it usually doesn't even throw him off his path so they don't get called...that happens ALOT against him... so you are mad that his is bigger and stronger than most at his position, or on the entire floor for that matter?

Re: What?! Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...so

Jun 10, 2015, 8:48 AM

No dude, read above. The refs were responsible for a 3-game swing in the Cavs favor last series.

Lebron doesn't even deserve to be there.

/s

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Re: What?! Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...so

Jun 10, 2015, 8:56 AM

yea no kidding...the NBA wants Lebron to win are you freakin kidding me HAHA what is so hard about recognizing a great player and giving the guy credit for what hes doing....people act like hes the only one that gets away with some stuff... the NBA has changed over the last 15 years and how its called bc they wanted more offense... and I guess that's all Lebrons fault LOL I mean I cant stand A Rod but you cant deny hes a great player (roid stuff out the window)...

And you know what else is ridiculous...most of the morans

Jun 10, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: What?! Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...so ]

that say Lebron couldn't play in the Jordan era probably aren't even old enough to remember or understand the game during that era...I mean I was born in 87 so I honestly don't remember watching Jordan and understand but I have seen stats and videos and respect the fact that hes one of the greatest ever...and he was more cocky than Lebron. Also the league is WAY deeper and more talented than it was back then...that whole argument is stupid bc they are diff players in diff eras but for people to say Lebron couldn't play back then is ignorant. You could make the argument that Jordans numbers wouldn't be near what they were if he played in the league today either bc its so much more talented.

Thats the dumbest thing I've heard

Jun 10, 2015, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: What?! Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard...so ]

They beat Atl 4-0 last series guy. The bulls didnt have the offense to beat the cavs in round 2.

If LBJ drives with 6 seconds left in game 1 instead of shooting a 25 footer, this series could be 3-0 cavs.

You truly are special tk***

Jun 10, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to yeah but we won't receive help from the refs like the cavs do... ]

I thought this was a post about the NCAA compliance office

Jun 10, 2015, 8:43 AM

you know, watching The Finals, at UNC- Chapel Hill in Orange County

Too see who is taking them, if they exist, are there really professors, stuff like that

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we need is Lebron to put around 4 defenders.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:34 AM

Should be an easy fix.

Not really.

Jun 10, 2015, 10:58 AM

The Cavs have to have LeBron because they're in the NBA and going against NBA players without two of their best players. We just need guys who are skilled enough to score at the college level, and keep up our current level of defense.

Then that's not the same argument at all. Either we need

Jun 10, 2015, 11:03 AM

4 defenders who aren't particularly skilled + 1 super elite college player that can handle most of the offensive load, or we need several skilled offensive players who can also defend. Either way it involves increasing the talent level considerably, and we aren't particularly close to obtaining either of those things right now.

We need one or two guys who can shoot the rock consistently

Jun 10, 2015, 11:05 AM

And then we need to keep playing tenacious defense like we're doing.

The point I was making is that making defense the staple of your team isn't a bad thing like a lot of people seem to think.

Yep, and then the opposing D keys in

Jun 10, 2015, 11:12 AM

on that one player and we are right back to having a great D but losing 56-45. So ready for Brownell to go....

One person scoring well opens it up for everyone else.***

Jun 10, 2015, 11:25 AM

Yeah, if the other people that are actually

Jun 10, 2015, 11:34 AM

freed up can shoot the ball or even lay it in. Golden St. is finding that out. Bogut sucks, Barnes and Green and Barbosa can't hit the ocean so just let one of the Splash Brothes do their thing and contain the other one.

Barnes and Green are usually decent offensively and

Jun 10, 2015, 12:02 PM

they have been awful in the finals which is really killing the Warriors.

Green has more screams of disgust than

Jun 10, 2015, 12:19 PM

points or rebounds. Like I said, don't want to be the old guy talking about the old days, but I can't decide if Lebron is really this good or Golden State is just as limited as Cleveland injuries or not where once you get past Curry and Thompson, there is just not alot there. 67 wins is hard to believe.

Barnes averaged over 10 and 5 this year while shooting

Jun 10, 2015, 12:47 PM

48% from the floor. Draymond averaged about 12 and 8, and is widely considered to be the best or 2nd best defender in the NBA (Kawhi Leonard). They are sucking in the Finals, but those guys were really good all year.

I know their stats and their reps and it

Jun 10, 2015, 12:55 PM

goes back to what I said. Maybe I am just old and don't see the great in what is considered great nowadays. Lebron would be the exception but Green the top defender in the entire league besides Leonard? That is wild, wild stuff. Barnes is decent at best but looks positively frightened out there.

Watch Lebron raise his forearm, drop his shoulder, and plow

Jun 10, 2015, 10:46 AM

through the lane to the basket. Not very exciting, or not much basketball for that matter. When that is no longer acceptable, I might start watching the NBA again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch Lebron raise his forearm, drop his shoulder, and plow

Jun 10, 2015, 11:20 AM

What are yall talking about?! He doesn't plow over anyone , that would be a foul and has gotten called for charges...people don't take him head on so when he goes up and people hit him its a freakin foul...you people act like Lebron is the only one that goes up and with any kind of contact there isn't a foul called...that's the NBA now its not Lebrons fault LOL!!!! Like I said so you are holding it against him that hes one of the biggest strongest guys on the court...bc regardless of how big or strong you are...get in front of him and take the charge or let him beat you to the basket which is what is happening, hes quick, hes not running over anyone that's ignorant.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic