Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
today we shall see if dabo has turned the corner......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,782

today we shall see if dabo has turned the corner......

Sep 29, 2012, 12:58 AM

and is on his way to becoming an elite HC. it seems every year we ride high on emotion, til adversity hits, then consistently tank! we put all the eggs in the basket for that one BIG GAME, and it either catapults us or crashes us. i firmly believe had we beat auburn in 2010, we would have been the team to run the table instead of limping to a 6-7 season. in 2011, had we not choked at GT, we would have rode the momentum all season. A team takes on the personality of their head coach, so today we will see what kind of a HC we have. Is he just a glorified cheerleader that recruits well like the CFB world says, or is he the real deal. i am hoping for the later.....but TODAY will tell the tale!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense to me.....

Sep 29, 2012, 1:01 AM

...and even more so if we cold really pound BC as opposed to just eeking out a victory....

Re: Makes sense to me.....

Sep 29, 2012, 8:41 AM

I would love to see an old-fashioned butt whooping today. Time for Dabo and company to run up the score.

Tommy?

Sep 29, 2012, 6:27 AM

"we were a play away from having a national championship season". Wow.

Re: today we shall see if dabo has turned the corner......

Sep 29, 2012, 6:46 AM

It's not about Dabo or the coaches, it's about what the players want or do
Wise man once said you can drag a horse to the creek but you can't make the horse drink the water

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2012, 7:44 AM

No, it IS about Dabo and his coaches! "What the players want or do" is a direct reflection of either the day-to-day coaching of fundamentals (or lack thereof--in some cases), real time game decisions, the actual strategies of the game plan, or the success/failure to recruit enough of the right kind of players with heart, backbone, toughness, and talent. This is a universal truth in coaching, and all good ones know and accept it! The horse that the wise man drug to the creek wasn't on a $150,000 scholarship over 4/5 years,and even if he was......maybe the wise man should have checked him out more closely before he bought him!

that wise man

Sep 29, 2012, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: today we shall see if dabo has turned the corner...... ]

obviously was a poor motivator, if that horse was convinced it was the last water they would see for the next 3 weeks it would take a nice long drink.

I don't believe one game makes a coach; however, if you are

Sep 29, 2012, 7:05 AM

correct, after today's Beating of the Birds, Dabo will officially be on the way to becoming an elite coach, right? Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CFB world equals coots. Keep listening to their clucking...

Sep 29, 2012, 8:34 AM

and you'll sprout feathers.

Big game for sure.***

Sep 29, 2012, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post and agree on most but

Sep 29, 2012, 9:13 AM

no way we win anything that year after parker got speared by Auburn, especially with us insisting on not playing TB.

Sep 29, 2012, 9:15 AM

Very well said Fire-Dude!!

Sep 29, 2012, 9:30 AM

O. Bowl was the wake up call, Dabo should have turned the corner last week. Unacceptable. Dabo out (.)

Re: Re: today we shall see if dabo has turned the corner......

Sep 29, 2012, 9:32 AM

See Mike Ayers @ Wofford. He's been doing it for a thousand years

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,782
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic