Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whoa, this judge is not playing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 579

Whoa, this judge is not playing...

Dec 18, 2018, 4:40 PM

"Sullivan delivered a blistering rebuke of Flynn during Tuesday’s hearing. Referring to revelations about Flynn’s undisclosed lobbying for the Turkish government, Sullivan suggested he had been working as an unregistered agent for a foreign government while in the White House and had “sold” his country out...

“I’m not hiding my disgust, my distain, for this criminal offense,” Sullivan said.

At one point, Sullivan also asked Mueller’s prosecutors whether Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador rose to the level of treasonous activity."

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/421901-flynn-asks-judge-to-delay-sentencing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...to which Mueller said 'No.'

Dec 18, 2018, 6:28 PM

The judge was furious that Flynn wouldn't change his plea to not guilty. He baited Mueller into telling him what he got from Flynn. When Mueller told the judge Flynn hadn't done anything treasonous he gave up the truth. There was nothing to the Russia contact other than Flynn lying to the FBI about it.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...to which Mueller said 'No.'

Dec 18, 2018, 8:10 PM

Keep hope alive

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what Mueller said.

Dec 19, 2018, 12:55 PM

He specifically said, 'We have no evidence,' when asked if Flynn did anything treasonous. If you don't believe it that's because your faith that Trump shouldn't be president is overwhelming all your ability to examine a situation and see what the evidence shows.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...to which Mueller said 'No.'

Dec 19, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to ...to which Mueller said 'No.' ]

The judge was furious that Flynn wouldn't change his plea to not guilty. He baited Mueller into telling him what he got from Flynn. When Mueller told the judge Flynn hadn't done anything treasonous he gave up the truth. There was nothing to the Russia contact other than Flynn lying to the FBI about it.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Now you've completely lost it. The judge was furious that the defense tried to suggest that Flynn was entrapped by the FBI and wasn't really responsible to which the judge hit the ceiling. "I cant sentence someone who is innocent" he said. He then probbed Flynn and his attorney's about the suggestion that he'd been entrapped, to which he replied no.

Your spin is getting close to delusional my friend. You really need to lay off of Fox News.

You have no idea what went on in that court room.

Dec 19, 2018, 1:07 PM

The judge wanted Flynn to change his plea because of the original 302 (look it up if you don't know what a 302 is). McCabe told Flynn he wouldn't need a lawyer when he set up the meeting between Strozk and Flynn. Even Strozk believed that Flynn wasn't lying at the time. The 302 said so.

The judge was furious that the FBI didn't advise Mueller of his need/right to a lawyer but instead lied to him telling him he didn't need one. That interview was based on Flynn's desire to cooperate with the FBI because he had not committed a crime. He was incoming National Security Advisor and was therefor responsible to communicate with the Russian Ambassador.

When the judge asked Mueller if Flynn had broken any laws besides lying to Mueller, Mueller mentioned the Logan act. The judge laughed and said, 'You mean the one nobody has ever been charged with violating.' I loosely quoted the judge's comments but I heard more than one reporter who was in the court room say it.

Felix, you know a couple things about me. If I'm right I stick by my guns. If I'm wrong I admit it. Not many men here are man enough to admit they are wrong and as far as I know I'm the only one here who ever apologized after misspeaking. I don't make chit up and I try my best never to lie.

There is no spin in my words. Shame on you.

Did Mueller say Flynn wasn't guilty of treason or not? You go find an answer which suits you.

Re: You have no idea what went on in that court room.

Dec 19, 2018, 2:04 PM

The judge was furious that the FBI didn't advise Mueller of his need/right to a lawyer but instead lied to him telling him he didn't need one. That interview was based on Flynn's desire to cooperate with the FBI because he had not committed a crime. He was incoming National Security Advisor and was therefor responsible to communicate with the Russian Ambassador.

This is just factually untrue. The judge wasn't furious that Flynn didn't change his plea, he was furious that the defense was trying to argue that Flynn was entrapped and therefore not really guilty. Hence the judge specifically asked Flynn if he had been entrapped. I have no idea where you are reading all of this. It's backwards. An honest mistake I'm sure, but completely backwards. As a matter of fact the judge specifically told Flynn that he could not guarantee that Flynn wouldn't be incarcerated if he insisted on pleading that day. So Flynn's lawyers, wisely agreed to move sentencing out.

When the judge asked Mueller if Flynn had broken any laws besides lying to Mueller, Mueller mentioned the Logan act. The judge laughed and said, 'You mean the one nobody has ever been charged with violating.' I loosely quoted the judge's comments but I heard more than one reporter who was in the court room say it.

Felix, you know a couple things about me. If I'm right I stick by my guns. If I'm wrong I admit it. Not many men here are man enough to admit they are wrong and as far as I know I'm the only one here who ever apologized after misspeaking. I don't make chit up and I try my best never to lie.

I know you don't make things up my friend, but I am suggesting that your information source is wrong. The judge even said that "I cannot hide my disgust with this criminal behavior...you have sold out your country. (paraphrased)

CT1988 read this and tell me if you come away with the same

Dec 19, 2018, 2:14 PM

view. As I said in my previous post. Your source of information is incredibly wrong. The judge was in no way angry that Flynn wouldn't change his plea. It was the opposite. I think you will agree that The Hill is pretty middle of the road as a source of news:

"The developments fed a theory among conservatives that Flynn had been entrapped by the bureau and unfairly entangled in Mueller’s probe.

Sullivan said Tuesday the filing had concerned him because Flynn “raised issues that may affect or call into question his guilty plea, at the very least his acceptance of his guilty plea.”

Flynn’s attorneys explained they did not believe Flynn had been entrapped by the bureau but chose to include details about his interview so that the judge could compare Flynn’s case to others who have been charged and sentenced for the same crime in connection with Mueller’s investigation, arguing Flynn deserved a lesser sentence.

“This case is in a category by itself right now,” Sullivan said.

Sullivan delivered a blistering rebuke of Flynn during Tuesday’s hearing. Referring to revelations about Flynn’s undisclosed lobbying for the Turkish government, Sullivan suggested he had been working as an unregistered agent for a foreign government while in the White House and had “sold” his country out — a remark he was later forced to walk back.

“I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain, for this criminal offense,” Sullivan said.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/421901-flynn-asks-judge-to-delay-sentencing

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/421898-judge-to-flynn-arguably-you-sold-your-country-out

Judge tripping on his 15 minutes of fame.***

Dec 18, 2018, 7:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Flynn will walk free.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:17 PM

He was entrapped. Never lied. Nothing to do with Russia, not that THAT even matters anymore since it's a dead topic. The last laugh will be Trumps.

Re: Flynn will walk free.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:43 AM

MemphisCat said:

He was entrapped. Never lied. Nothing to do with Russia, not that THAT even matters anymore since it's a dead topic. The last laugh will be Trumps.

This in spite of Flynn as well as his lawyer testifying in open court that he was not entrapped. Having been specifically asked that question by the judge.

Lotsa delusions floating around this board.

No he won't.

Dec 19, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Flynn will walk free. ]

If the judge finds him not guilty Mueller will destroy his son by involving him in this witch hunt. Flynn had the not guilty plea on the table, put there by the judge and refused to take it to protect his son.

The judge knew exactly why Flynn refused to change his plea and called Mueller's bluff. Sullivan knows that he is about to find an innocent man guilty if this doesn't break in another direction and he isn't a bit happy about it. This ain't Judge Sullivan's first witch trial.

"If I did a 10th of what Hillary did I would be in jail"

Dec 19, 2018, 10:45 AM

--Flynn

Well..... looks like that may happen ol boy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Whoa, this judge is not playing...

Dec 19, 2018, 9:15 PM

This ahole can't be expected to rule with impartiality, obviously. Then he had to walk back his comments lol.

Re: Whoa, this judge is not playing...

Dec 20, 2018, 11:41 AM

A sitting federal judge is an ahole because he won't rule in a way that fits your silly narrative.

You don't live in reality.

Replies: 14
| visibility 579
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic