Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
danny pearman is not in charge of special teams...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 2,748

danny pearman is not in charge of special teams...

Jan 15, 2016, 9:46 AM

write it 1,000 more times and fingers crossed, it finally takes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then how do you explain him costing us a NT?***

Jan 15, 2016, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

missplaced anger, which replaces reason with madness?***

Jan 15, 2016, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Alabama was disapointed to find out they had

Jan 15, 2016, 10:01 AM

nothing to do with our defeat, you know, cause Pearman.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

i tip my hat to the best head coach on the field that night

Jan 15, 2016, 10:03 AM

and am thankful ours has shown an amazing propensity for new learnings.

clemson has a great one that will only get better.

but maybe that's just me?

then who else shall serve as the whipping boy? Don't we

Jan 15, 2016, 9:54 AM

Need a whipping boy? Where is that Don Munson guy!?!?!??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: then who else shall serve as the whipping boy? Don't we

Jan 15, 2016, 9:56 AM

Not many photos can capture sexy and creepy at the same time

Jan 15, 2016, 10:08 AM

Great job

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

now you're talking, much rather don than marion hobby

Jan 15, 2016, 10:10 AM [ in reply to then who else shall serve as the whipping boy? Don't we ]

who's the CO-DC, but maybe too big to take out back?

So is "Special Teams Coordinator" just a meaningless title?

Jan 15, 2016, 9:54 AM

I'm sure other coaches are involved with certain aspects of special teams, but with a title like that does the buck not stop with him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, responsibility is shared, each of the coach(s) have

Jan 15, 2016, 10:02 AM

a designated group or groups... the buck stops with dabo.

do they interview our Co-DC about the busts? no, it's a money thing and in title only.

So . . . fire Dabo?***

i hope not, i'd like to keep him.***

Jan 15, 2016, 10:04 AM

Do you know who is in charge of what?

Jan 15, 2016, 10:10 AM [ in reply to yes, responsibility is shared, each of the coach(s) have ]

because affording to the FEI, here's where we rank in the various aspects of ST.

Overall Special Teams Efficiency: 89th (actually up from 100th last year due to improved field goal kicking)
Field Goal Efficiency: 12th
Punt Return Efficiency: 117th
Kickoff Return Efficiency: 51st
Punt Efficiency: 79th
Kickoff Efficiency: 119th

i saw a list recently; dhood or nsteele might have it...

Jan 15, 2016, 10:16 AM

@davidhood, @nikkisteele

let's ask.

The guys at STS answered my question

Jan 20, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Do you know who is in charge of what? ]

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2016/1/19/10787930/2015-clemson-football-season-review-special-teams

Re: yes, responsibility is shared, each of the coach(s) have

Jan 15, 2016, 10:14 AM [ in reply to yes, responsibility is shared, each of the coach(s) have ]

Hogwash, it's shared because he can't handle it.plus he sucks as a te coach and recruiter. The man is the weakest link period.

yes, how many all-acc tes has he coached, plus a mackey

Jan 15, 2016, 10:22 AM

award winner?

you can not like the man, want him replaced for whatever reason, but at least be right about the reasons?

Re: yes, how many all-acc tes has he coached, plus a mackey

Jan 15, 2016, 10:27 AM

And your the same guy that says he's not in charge of special teams. Hogwash again, he has the title.So your saying he is not the weakest link on our coaching staff?

titles don't mean anything, but money in many cases.

Jan 15, 2016, 10:37 AM

it happens in most all walks of life, maybe even in your own business world?

marion hobby is CO-DC and we know it's in name only, while CO-OCs, Scelliot, do hold shared power. dabo was made asst. head coach when saban came calling, but was only a wr coach. it was a way in a public world of giving him more money; get the title, get paid.

i don't know why people don't know that responsibility has been shared, i didn't do it, dabo did and has talked about it...

it is amazing to me how seemingly few clemson football fans are unaware of this though...we all want it fixed, but let's not drag the wrong person(s) or anyone through the mud.

who knows what happens between now and spring, but knowing dabo's mo, something will come of it.

Re: titles don't mean anything, but money in many cases.

Jan 15, 2016, 10:41 AM

Something should of come of it against notre dame, just saying it's not like this was new. Was addressed publically and should have been fixed awhile ago. The fix I don't pretend to know how to; I like the grad assistant idea. I'm sure all this is being addressed, he'll that's could be where bv has been hanging his head low about his kickoff duties and what to do. But more practice time needs to be dedicated to it, if it isn't fixed next year. Then it's time someone is fired

agree, i'm not asking anyone to not be upset by the crappy

Jan 15, 2016, 10:43 AM

STs performance.

it must be fixed and honestly, i don't care the how even if that means moving a coach.

Jan 15, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to titles don't mean anything, but money in many cases. ]

I mean no disrespect... however the same could be said for Defense... there are many coaches and many different moving parts, but bringing in Venables sure turned everything around.. and did it quick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure, he's been afforded autonomy save hiring & firing...

Jan 15, 2016, 11:49 AM

as thechad was with the offense.

if the answer is to hire someone to have sole autonomy over special teams, then i'm all for it if that will finally get it fixed, but for every action... rules come into play as does culture, desire, ability, respect for and so many other drivers.

dabo has been the head cook in our current special teams set up, he has had his reasons and sometimes platooning is what is best...not this time though or so it seems, it could be something else?

whatever it is, pretty sure most agree it needs to be done and i have faith that something will be; fingers crossed whatever that something is, it works.

Jan 15, 2016, 11:27 AM [ in reply to titles don't mean anything, but money in many cases. ]

I understand titles. In Pearmans case Asst Head Coach is his (money)title. TE and special teams are his responsibilities.
It s his responsibilitiy to either handle the jobs given him or delegate those responsibilities to others.Now in my business world (sales )it's about results and we are clearly not seeing results.

you can repeat it over and over, it does not change what

Jan 15, 2016, 11:31 AM

dabo has lay out as far as the special teams and their responsibility - it's been a platooned effort with coaching groups responsible for different aspects.

take is up with dabo, not me.

Imo, it should, but it won't...Dabo will take the heat...

Jan 15, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to So is "Special Teams Coordinator" just a meaningless title? ]

and not put it on his staff. He must be a great guy to work for.
But after losing the championship, everything is being addressed behind closed doors.
And it's amazing how much better your kickoff team performs when the kicker gets it well into the end zone!
Go Tigers!!

Dabo's getting a huge raise, we're building the Taj Mahal

Jan 15, 2016, 10:36 AM [ in reply to So is "Special Teams Coordinator" just a meaningless title? ]

over on the practice fields. We can dig up $200K or so for a dedicated special teams coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cfb teams are limited in the number of on field coaches.

Jan 15, 2016, 10:39 AM

i believe osu[stillwater variety] actually used a GA at one point, they might still do?

Re: danny pearman is not in charge of special teams...

Well great! We're all ready to burn him at the stake and you ruin it! Its like how Jesus ruined it for everyone who was all geared up for a stoning and he said " he who is without sin, let him be the one to cast the first stone". Buzz kill!!
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.

Jan 15, 2016, 10:15 AM

Overruled..

Fire fire fire

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

i'm through with this guy...***

Jan 15, 2016, 10:41 AM

Venables = DC, ScElliott = OC ... how in the world is NOBODY

Jan 15, 2016, 10:17 AM

How in the world is NOBODY given OVERALL responsibility for Special Teams performance?

Because the overall PERFORMANCE of our special teams stinks!

Special teams is A THIRD of the game of football in spite of the fact that it seems to be given the least attention of the three major facets.

does writing in caps help? because i'm here to help

Jan 15, 2016, 10:20 AM

and might start using them if it provides that little something extra?

oklahoma state used a graduate assistant at one time, maybe that's an answer, but it doesn't change that special teams responsibility has been platooned, which is on dabo.

it's sad how bad we were, but folks calling out danny pearman as the person that cost us the NT is more than misinformed, it's missplaced.

YES, it DOES! but in order to sooth sensibilities, i will

Jan 15, 2016, 10:45 AM

refrain from using any caps as i remind everyone that i did not "call out" danny pearman in any way, i simply pointed out that at clemson, fully one third of the game is left under the leadership of a "committee" with no one in charge.

hth

THANKS, all i can ask for is a little honestly in our

Jan 15, 2016, 10:52 AM

relationship, so the earnest answer is appreciated.

and with that said, not sure why you need to remind anyone, but you're well within your right.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!***

Jan 15, 2016, 11:28 AM

i know.***

Jan 15, 2016, 11:32 AM

should fire***

Jan 15, 2016, 12:37 PM

thanks, stacy. i expected no less from you...***

Jan 15, 2016, 1:04 PM

Replies: 39
| visibility 2,748
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic