Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
tight end production
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,479

tight end production

Sep 26, 2017, 10:51 AM

It appears to me that we are not getting the production we have gotten in the past! I realize that losing Leggett was huge, but so far I don't see anyone stepping up to fill the receiving void that is missing at this position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not run blocking either***

Sep 26, 2017, 11:00 AM

Re: tight end production

Sep 26, 2017, 11:05 AM

We just aren't throwing the ball in general as much as we did when DW4 was quarterback. Milan has done a good job when his "number is called" to catch the ball. He is 4th in receiving yards on the team, behind McLeod, Renfrow, and Cain. I mean that is expected. He is averaging 16.7 yards per reception. I think the biggest thing is we are just running the ball so much better this season, especially in the redzone.

Sep 26, 2017, 11:20 AM

Also, just a little more statistical analysis for you.

Through 4 games last season we had 15 total TD's, 11 passing and 4 rushing.
J. Leggett had 5 rec. for 40 yd. and 1 TD through 4 games.

This season through 4 games this season we have 20 total TD's, 3 passing and 17 rushing!
M. Richard has 6 rec. for 100 yd. but doesn't have a TD through 4 games.

Sep 26, 2017, 11:35 AM

Good analysis. No question the emphasis is on the run so far. But it has been very good, especially with T&T in there. :)

Sep 26, 2017, 11:48 AM

Thanks, I agree, it's just a different style of football. As people have said in the past. When DW4 was the QB, we passed the ball to set up the run. Now we run to set up the pass. I believe as the season progresses you will see K. Bryant develop as a passer. Not to mention it will just depend game by game what opposing defenses try to take away from us. Quite frankly I wouldn't mind if we kept running the ball against VT. I'm not sold on their DL and would rather maintain longer drives eating the clock keeping their offense off the field. Keeps our defense fresh and allows them to attack VT's QB more often.

Sep 26, 2017, 11:11 AM

Until the pass game as a whole gets better it's going to be tough on our O.
Stacked boxes and blitz, blitz , blitz is going to happen .

Sep 26, 2017, 11:39 AM

Rough on the offense? Clemson is averaging 37.75 points a game, about 2 less than last year's team averaged over the course of the season. The pass game needs to improve but the running game is excellent. With the Tiger defense, I'd say 37.75 per should win most, if not every game.

Sep 26, 2017, 11:21 AM

It seems like all I heard on WCCP was that nobody was open so Bryant couldn't throw the ball. Swinney even said on his post game that Bryant didn't take some throws when they were there. I think Bryant is still hesitant on throwing the ball and is primarily a running quarterback and looks to go to that as soon as it breaks down. He has had some good deep balls but we've also seen some that are just jump balls that our receivers fortunately win.

I liked watching Watson on Sunday because when the lin broke down he didn't look to run immediately. He scrambled and kept his eyes down field for the pass. I'd like to see more of the same from Bryant.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,479
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic