Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ali
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,711

Ali

Sep 4, 2018, 3:23 PM

Back in the day, Americans wanted to literally KILL Muhamad Ali for his stance. Years later, he is justly recognized as an American hero. Whose side of history will you be on?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ali

Sep 4, 2018, 3:25 PM

His best quote:... " I ain't got nothin against no Viet Cong"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muhammad****

Sep 4, 2018, 3:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Cassius.***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 4, 2018, 3:26 PM

He did represent his country in the Olympics, unlike Lew Alcindor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talkin' bout Clay? #comingtoAmerica***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talkin' bout Clay? #comingtoAmerica***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:03 PM

Nice reference

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ali didn't want to go to war and faced criminal charges

Sep 4, 2018, 3:28 PM

kap is making money.

I don't know what "side" you are posting about.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 4, 2018, 3:42 PM

If memory serves me correctly, the draft was active during the Vietnam days, so he broke the law when he decided he would be a conscientious objector. He may have eventually won his case in the Supreme Court, but I wonder if any of those people that are listed on that wall in DC had anything against the Vietnamese when they were drafted. I'm thinking most of them didn't even know where Vietnam was. But they chose to serve their country and those guys to me are the heroes, not the conscientious objectors. Now, Ali was a great boxing champion and a charming likable guy, but a hero? Not to me. The heroes are the guys who served, like Joe21. Just my 2 cents.

At least he took his punishment like a man....

Sep 4, 2018, 4:10 PM

Unlike others who fled to places like Canada and such for "dodging" the draft/war.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Ali ]

He chose not to go because of religious exemption. Please fact check me. But we all know that if your parents had money or clout, you were able to avoid the war as well.

Terrible analogy...***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He became more of a "hero" after he was diagnosed

Sep 4, 2018, 3:56 PM

with Parkinson's.

It is a prime example of how people are judged by a few small aspects of their life, rather than their life as a whole.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 4, 2018, 4:00 PM

I don't consider him an American hero.

thought provoking stuff!***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:03 PM

Re: thought provoking stuff!***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:13 PM

I agree with 1g. He refused to serve his country so he is no patriot or hero in my opinion. I was nearly drafted and did not believe we should have been in Viet Nam. However, I did pass my physical and was draft ready but they did not get to my lottery number that year. My number was 163 and they stopped at 150. My point is this, we should not have been in Viet Nam but we were. I did not agree with it but would have served my country if called upon. I did not run off to Canada like some did. As it turned out, it was a political war and Lyndon Johnson is responsible for a lot of dead and crippled ex-soldiers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thought provoking stuff!***

Sep 4, 2018, 5:05 PM

Do you feel the same way about Americans who were able to avoid the war because of their wealth or family connections? It's not so much the Black/White thing with me, it's more economics.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,711
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic