Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Quick notes from Swinney teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Football Update: Quick notes from Swinney teleconference

Nov 18, 2013, 11:10 AM

Quick notes from Swinney teleconference

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please convince Sammy to stay 1 more year...please!***

Nov 18, 2013, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

As nice as that would be, having WRs going in the 1st round

Nov 18, 2013, 11:25 AM

in back-to-back years is an awesome recruiting tool for the future. I'm sure Dabo will be highly supportive if Sammy projects as a 1st rounder, which he should.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And if Martavis stays

Nov 18, 2013, 12:48 PM

should be back-to-back-to-back

Re: Please convince Sammy to stay 1 more year...NOT!***

Nov 18, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Please convince Sammy to stay 1 more year...please!*** ]

anyone projected 1st round should go to the NFL.... I would hate for them to get hurt the next year in a Tiger uniform!

I love watching Ellington ....lost some hair yesterday... Nuk and others on Sundays! I will love to see Sammy play their next year. I am sorry, but for the kind of cash they get in the 1st round they should go.....

I thought Tahj should have gone last year. I am glad he is back and feel guilty anytime he limps off the field or as on Saturday is slow getting up and has to leave the game.

this is mildly surprising

Nov 18, 2013, 11:25 AM

"Swinney said the only junior that should enter the NFL Draft is Sammy Watkins."

So Beasley is gonna give up a first round status to come back? I hope so, but really doubt it.

Name: Vic Beasley
College: Clemson Number: 3
Height: 6-2 Weight: 235
Position: DE Pos2: OLB
Class/Draft Year: rJr/2015
40 Low: 4.54 40 Time: 4.64 40 High: 4.76
Projected Round: 1 Stock:
Rated number 2 out of 227 DE's 14 / 2897 TOTAL

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105193&draftyear=2015&genpos=DE

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is mildly surprising

Nov 18, 2013, 11:35 AM

Beastly needs to stay one more year to build up his frame. Needs to be around 250 and would be a great 3/4 OLB. IMO

Re: this is mildly surprising

Nov 18, 2013, 11:37 AM

If they rate him a 1st rounder then he should go..... but he does have a shot and moving to a top 10 pick next year.....
Sammy is a top 10 pick this year...

TJ Green, player of the game?

Nov 18, 2013, 11:38 AM

I've watched the game twice. Did he even touch the ball?

How did he get player of the game?

Special Teams***

Nov 18, 2013, 11:48 AM

Re: TJ Green, player of the game?

Nov 18, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to TJ Green, player of the game? ]

How can you not recognized the job that Grady Jarrett did. He ate that FB lunch on al most every play. Many times he ate his lunch and then went after the QB. A few times even getting to him as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He put something on those kickoff return men that

Nov 18, 2013, 12:20 PM [ in reply to TJ Green, player of the game? ]

turpentine would not wash off. I wish that some of our secondary guys would take note.

The hits he laid on those kick/punt returners...

Nov 18, 2013, 2:54 PM [ in reply to TJ Green, player of the game? ]

They were fundamentally sound but super vicious hits. The returners were visibly hesitant as the game wore on. Must have gotten dumped before the game, or something, guy was playing pi$$ed off.

I'd imagine the people he hit know his name a lot better than everyone else.

How about Crawford? Is he a ...............

Nov 18, 2013, 11:46 AM

junior or sr.? Is he staying or going?

Re: Football Update: Quick notes from Swinney teleconference

Nov 18, 2013, 11:54 AM

Every Clemson fan in America and beyond would absolutely love for Sammy come back for another year. But none of us would want for Sammy to become an Idiot. He is ready for the NFL, and the NFL is more than ready for Sammy. The old saying is and has always been strike while the Iron is HOT. Well the iron is as HOT as is could ever get for Sammy, and he will be striking it. Just like Nuk we will hate to see him go with another year left to play for our Tigers. This is Sammy's time to go, and Sammy has to do what is BEST for Sammy. The good thing though is that we have others on our team that are ready to take Sammy's and Nuk's place, and that says a lot about just how well Clemson is recruiting under Dabo and his staff. Clemson is coming, and Clemson will get to the top b/c of players like CJ, Sammy, Nuk, and Tajh most likely knocking down the door in the first round of the NFL draft under Dabo. Also under Dabo, there are others being successful in the NFL like Allen, Branch, Ellington, and others. Clemson is coming and headed to straight to the top of college FB. Young recruits are watching and now have Clemson as a great choice to get to the next level. Gooooo Tigersssss, and the very best to Sammy Watkins in the NFL. Because of these guys I've mentioned that I could think of, they have made Clemson a better choice for Tigers we don't even know yet.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TJ green laid the wood on KO

Nov 18, 2013, 12:28 PM

3-4 times.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic