Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Systemic Racism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 600

Systemic Racism

Sep 3, 2020, 1:27 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUwcs9qJXY

But I’m sure this will be dismissed by the same people as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Systemic Racism

Sep 3, 2020, 6:21 AM

I got drunk with a Maryland State Trooper when I was moving up to New Hampshire.. Seperate story that he did not reveal this to me until we were both weaving our way to our cars.

Anyway, he mentioned that cops go after poor blacks because they know it is an easy conviction that will never see a courtroom. Cops hate it when pesky defendants hire attorneys and fight the charges, they much rather you be poor and plead the charge down through the public defender.

For them it is an easy conviction with the least amount of work involved. They see blacks as a low hanging fruit to advance their careers.

And when you have a town like Kenosha, or Ferguson, where the cops hit certain communities so hard that half the community is in jail because they can not afford bond, or people have racked up so many petty charges they could never afford to pay them all off, it becomes a powder keg.

And that is just 1 tiny piece of the puzzle, there are all kinds of institutional failures involved.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'...they much rather you be poor...'

Sep 3, 2020, 7:51 AM

I think that is the heart of the problem. Cops treat poor whites exactly the same way. Money is the issue here. Fines and penalties mount and jail awaits if you don't pay them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: '...they much rather you be poor...'

Sep 3, 2020, 8:15 AM

But wait a minute. I get that, however, how about not doing the crime.

When I got my DUI, I had to work two jobs to pay all the fines and for the breathalyzer and for state mandated counseling. I was so poor it was insane. I sold my car and rode the bus to work each day.

So you do the crime, you do the time and pay the fines. I don’t really feel sorry for people who say they can’t pay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the biggest issue isn't necessarily

Sep 3, 2020, 8:39 AM

doing the crime, but the differences on doing the time.

A white guy in a beamer gets pulled for speeding and has some weed on him, statistically speaking he will get a warning and sent on his way.

A black guy gets pulled for speeding and has some weed on him, the dogs come, the car is torn apart, and now he's looking at 10 years in jail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You seem to dismiss law and order and the rule of law...

Sep 3, 2020, 8:56 AM

with such ease.

Can you post stats or something beside your opinion on that story about whites having pot being ignored while blacks go to jail for 10 years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You seem to dismiss law and order and the rule of law...

Sep 3, 2020, 9:18 AM

https://www.aclu.org/gallery/marijuana-arrests-numbers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You seem to dismiss law and order and the rule of law...

Sep 3, 2020, 9:46 AM

Where does it say blacks get 10 years for small quantities of pot?

I want pot legalized and I believe cities target poor neighborhoods, including black neighborhoods to generate money for bribes and other important things politicians need to hold office.

I also know that no prosecutor was more effective at putting black pot smokers in jail than Kamala Harris. Tell me about the 10 years for minor possession of pot and why you support Harris with such a chip on your shoulder about racism and minor pot possession.

"As someone from the Bay Area and living in Oakland, I am constantly reminded of her history of locking up Black people in the Bay Area. Her track record consists of terrorizing Black communities through the prison industrial complex and she has consistently shown herself to be an enemy to the masses of Black people.

While I admit the symbol of having a Black woman as president sounds nice, it doesn’t exclude Kamala from being critiqued. I operate under the political belief that there are no good presidents. Presidents are just figureheads for the white supremacist settler colonial state. I aim to have a principled critique of her record that advances Black political thought, yet Twitter has been full of misogynist critiques of Kamala. It is important we critique her while avoiding misogynoir, as there is no place for misogynoir in the Black liberation movement.

Whether it was declining to advocate for legalization of marijuana in California, in which Black people are arrested at the highest rate. Or her failure to support body cameras for the police while simultaneously opposing legislation that would require her office to independently investigate police shootings. Kamala is not for the people. She even defended the 3 strikes law, in which Black people are incarcerated at a rate 12 times higher than whites. Kamala Harris has demonstrated through her actions that she does not value Black lives, but rather supports our death via the carceral state..."

https://afropunk.com/2019/01/kamala-harris-has-been-tough-on-black-people-not-crime/

Re: '...they much rather you be poor...'

Sep 3, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to '...they much rather you be poor...' ]

you know if trump would make one concession in criminal justice reform that both sides could get on board with, say reforming our bond system, it would do wonders for his ratings and would go a long way in quelling the civil unrest.

We are still waiting.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe an adjustment is in order.

Sep 3, 2020, 9:31 AM

I can't imagine arresting people and turning them loose without assurance that they will come to court. I think if a man believes he is innocent he would be more likely to show up for court than those who know the cops 'have the goods on them.'

A 'no bond,' system would result in courts trying mostly innocent and issuing bench warrants for the arrest of the others.

Perhaps the 10% fee for posting bonds is too high. Would 5% suit you more?

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

this is good...

Sep 3, 2020, 6:28 AM

shared this a couple of months ago

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/If-you-are-upset-that-the-blacks-wont-talk-about-stuff-27442172

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is good...

Sep 3, 2020, 9:49 AM

13th on Netflix goes into more detail. Highly Recommend if you haven't watched it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 8:50 AM

seems if america had systemic racism people would not be dying to get here

just laying the groundwork to take money from one person and give some of it to another

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm, come to America where there are not roving

Sep 3, 2020, 8:51 AM

gangs killing my entire family including my children, but I have to deal with racism from MAGA hats.

Or stay where me, my wife, and my kids will either be killed or sold into slavery.

Gee, I wonder what I'll do.

Re: Hmm, come to America where there are not roving

Sep 3, 2020, 8:53 AM

or fight to make your country great again

Ah yeah, living under a dictatorship that kills

Sep 3, 2020, 8:57 AM

any form of dissension really makes me dream of a better future.

Your naivety is showing.

Re: Ah yeah, living under a dictatorship that kills

Sep 3, 2020, 8:59 AM

governments change all the time, but it takes effort

Effort and lots and lots of death

Sep 3, 2020, 9:00 AM

or I could brave the elements and come to the US to make a better future for my kids.

Pros and cons I guess.

Re: Effort and lots and lots of death

Sep 3, 2020, 9:04 AM

i understand, america still the greatest nation on earth, worth dying to get into

so much for the racism myth

How does the US being safer than Honduras

Sep 3, 2020, 9:05 AM

mean that we don't have racism here?

Re: How does the US being safer than Honduras

Sep 3, 2020, 9:17 AM

all humans have flaws, i think it is more of cultural differences than racism, as racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, not sure anyone believes that if they have been to walmart

That's fair. How about "discrimination"***

Sep 3, 2020, 9:18 AM

Re: That's fair. How about "discrimination"***

Sep 3, 2020, 9:21 AM

eye gotta go to werk lol

Sep 3, 2020, 9:20 AM

wealth is many times generated through home ownership

what makes home A more valuable than home B?

crime rate?
schools?

lefties should get on the trump train, more police and school choice

It's about income not color of skin.

Sep 3, 2020, 9:35 AM

The example in the cartoon could easily be applied to poor whites too. This is a class issue.

Replies: 24
| visibility 600
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic