Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hold on. Are there actually...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Nov 8, 2018, 8:19 AM

Imbeciles (and I'll call anyone who believe this that word) who believe Jim Acosta was "placing his hands" on the White House intern? Maybe not on this board (since I haven't read the posts to see if someone is arguing that), but just in general?

If you can watch that video and make that claim, you may as well just admit that you're willing to spread any lie this White House feeds you. He was very clearly trying to pull away from her as she tried to ###### the mic from his hand.

I'll post the clip of the video and make you look silly if I have to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Hold on. Are there actually...

Nov 8, 2018, 8:21 AM

CUnext

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For every person who posts what you did, there is

Nov 8, 2018, 8:24 AM

someone who posts this:

Imbeciles (and I'll call anyone who believe this that word) who believe Jim Acosta wasn't "placing his hands" on the White House intern? Maybe not on this board (since I haven't read the posts to see if someone is arguing that), but just in general?

If you can watch that video and make that claim, you may as well just admit that you're willing to spread any lie CNN feeds you. He was very clearly trying to push her arm as she tried to ###### the mic from his hand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask these questions.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:26 AM

Who initiated physical contact?

Who tried to pull away from the contact?

Who continued to initiate contact?

I can tell you right now who the police are arresting in that case if charges are filed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Nobody's arresting anybody.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:30 AM

Nobody wants charges filed. Nobody got hurt. It's OK.

An intern was trying to do what she was told. She tries to grab the mic once, no dice. Uncertain what she should do, she tries again. This time, she either pulls down on the mic, or Acosta chops down gently on her arm and says "Pardon me". You can't tell from video which happened. If Acosta did that, he was dead wrong, and perhaps deserves to have his pass revoked. I'm less inclined to say the intern was in the wrong, because she's the least powerful person in the room. She's in a tough spot trying to do what very powerful people want her to do.

I want to clarify something in this post...

Nov 8, 2018, 8:33 AM

I'm not saying I'm less inclined to believe the the intern was the one who pulled down on the mic. I can't tell one way or another. What I meant is, if she did do that, I'm less inclined to say that was a wrong thing to do.

I know that.

Nov 8, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Nobody's arresting anybody. ]

My point is that if it did become a criminal matter, the intern is the one getting in trouble. I also recognize that would be an extreme. I'm only making the point as to who was at fault.

Jim Accosta is a protestor not a journalist. I hope he

Nov 8, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Ask these questions. ]

dies from AIDS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So brave and insightful***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:47 AM

Does that apply to any protesters, or just to Acosta?***

Nov 8, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Jim Accosta is a protestor not a journalist. I hope he ]

And apparently we can't say s n a t c h on Tigernet.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:27 AM

Stop the simulation. I want off.

It’s just banned for the General bored

Nov 8, 2018, 9:57 AM

Thanks Lunge!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So swatting at her to prevent her doing her job isn't...

Nov 8, 2018, 8:44 AM

rude and out of order? Clearly, from the video you didn't post, he put his hand on the young lady who was doing her job at the directive of the president of the United States. Contrary to what you want the POTUS is in charge of the press conference and Acosta deservedly got justice.

If you don't believe that is rude, uncouth, out of order and reason you're moving up and going to be sharing the top of my prayer list with me. I'll pray equally for you and me to end our selfish, prideful and narrow sighted inability to be reasonable and polite in our hearts.

FYI, sir, I resent sharing the top spot on my list so best you back off now before chit gets real. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So swatting at her to prevent her doing her job isn't...

Nov 8, 2018, 9:27 AM

Anyone who supports Trump and wants to claim anything is rude and out of order is funny.

Nov 8, 2018, 9:29 AM

I am funny, but yall are stupid imo.

Oooh, sorry again, we already addressed diversion tactics.***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: So swatting at her to prevent her doing her job isn't... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: So swatting at her to prevent her doing her job isn't... ]

Acosta is a boorish punk! At 70, I'd like to have just 5 minutes with him in a cage match. He wouldn't walk out!

Wow man, you seem like a really tough dude

Nov 8, 2018, 9:48 AM

I bet you would hit someone so hard that it would hurt them! Can you tell us more of your macho prowess?

Raven, could you come around more often?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So swatting at her to prevent her doing her job isn't... ]

We haven’t had any good asskicking septuagenarians since the untimely demise of pig guru.

CaptCrash

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't swat her.

Nov 8, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to So swatting at her to prevent her doing her job isn't... ]

Are you watching the doctored video?

so yes. there's your answer. yes. htere are people that

Nov 9, 2018, 3:07 PM

actually see something other than you and I saw.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

who cares! I'm sick of it all. Everyone needs to act like an

Nov 8, 2018, 9:06 AM

adult

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

this is a fun debate tactic, can I try?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:10 AM

Hey, wait a minute, are you telling me there are people dumb enough to actually defend Jim Acosta’s boorish, self-important aggrandizing behavior? Are there really people stupid enough to double down and claim that it’s normal to swat away an intern like an annoying gnat when she comes to get the mic, even though that’s what happens at every.other.presser?

If so, let’s not even have a debate because you’re dumber than an electric hammer. Oh yeah, and don’t ever whine about Trump being a self centered jerk, when you clearly value the same traits in Jim Acosta.

Man, that was fun.....I only regret I didn’t fully follow the template and create a completely new thread for my comment.

you forgot....

Nov 8, 2018, 9:14 AM

Do you want the video?

Nov 8, 2018, 11:11 AM

C'mon. I know you of all people watched that and realized this is ridiculous.

uhh...yeah...I watched it already....

Nov 8, 2018, 11:25 AM

reporter was being a prick

POTUS is always a prick

Comments that reporter hit intern are stupid

Comments that revoking the pass of the report is an assault on the free press are also stupid

Re: uhh...yeah...I watched it already....

Nov 8, 2018, 11:35 AM

reporter was being a prick

Yes.

POTUS is always a prick

Yes.

Comments that reporter hit intern are stupid

Yes.

Comments that revoking the pass of the report is an assault on the free press are also stupid

No. Revoking a White House reporter's credentials because you don't like his line of questioning (and let's be clear--THAT'S why they were revoked), then yes, that's an assault on the free press.

So, there is not a chance in the world that it's being....

Nov 8, 2018, 11:39 AM

revoked because of the reporter's behavior? He refused to sit down repeatedly.

I don't think your assertion that his pass is being revoked because Trump didn't like his questions. Doesn't he not like a lot of the reporters and their questions? The differentiator here is the reporter's behavior.

Re: So, there is not a chance in the world that it's being....

Nov 8, 2018, 11:42 AM

But they aren't giving his refusal to sit down as the reason for yanking them. It's the lie about the intern.

Sanders and Trump have had a particular hatred for Acosta and have been looking for an excuse. I don't like a lot of Acosta's approach, but this lie is so absurd that it makes them look even more foolish. Almost as foolish as those repeating the lie.

That said it was being pulled due to the "incident"...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:52 AM

after stating that his treatment of the intern was not acceptable...believe Sanders did use "putting hands on the intern", which I agree is complete BS.

I think his behavior warrants getting a suspension from WH access.

Re: this is a fun debate tactic, can I try?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to this is a fun debate tactic, can I try? ]

IF Jim Acosta is just some low life reporter, why is this administration getting down in the mud with him? oh right....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Distraction?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:18 AM

Balm, I expect no less from you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ooooh, sorry, that’s a different tactic.

Nov 8, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: this is a fun debate tactic, can I try? ]

It’s called the diversion.

We will have to start another thread if you want to do that.

Is it really a diversion?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:25 AM

Acosta is a dickweed.

But he's actually pretty much the reporter Trump deserves based on his behavior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure it is....we are talking about Acosta and balm’s

Nov 8, 2018, 9:31 AM

Reply is basically “yeah but look at the administration, they’re jerky too”

It’s irrelevant. I’m pretty well on the record around here saying Trump acts like a giant inappropriate egotistical a-hole what in the world does that have to do with Jim Acosta turning a press conference into the Acosta hour?

You?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Is it really a diversion? ]

Are you really justifying bad behavior?

No, you are...

Nov 8, 2018, 9:40 AM

which is my point. Acosta is a ####. Fire him, I won't miss him since I just heard of him.

But do you think the press becoming more and more combative has NOTHING at all to do with the way this administration treats and talks about them?

The President of the United States is a narcissist, a playground bully, and a general all around #######. And your focus is, "that journalist is so rude and unprofessional!"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm about to point out the obvious.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:54 PM

The press and left laughed at Trump and begged people to vote for him so the left would cruse into the Whitehouse. When he beat the competition they opened the floodgates of condenscention and denigration on him. I'm not defending his attitude at all but if the press treated me the way they treat him they'd get a lot more than what he's dishing out.

The conversation was about Acosta's bad behavior and you interjected 'bbbuuttt Trruumppp.' You changed the subject and now you've decided to say something about Acosta's behavior to distract from your own. That's twice you've drawn attention from the subject now that you're pointing the finger at me instead of fessing up to distracting from Acosta's bad behavior.

This is where you get furious and attack me on a personal level.

I have agreed that Acosta is a #### elsewhere

Nov 9, 2018, 2:59 PM

I just don't care that much about a reporter being a ####. I care more about the POTUS being one. You can accuse me of trying to distract all you like, but really there isn't anyone agreeing with or defending Acosta's dickishness. Just questioning if it was really the kind of thing that warrants shock or dismay given the POTUS's on behavior which at least a few of your compatriots think is his best quality.

Y'all just like to use it to excuse the POTUS' behavior.

+1 but imo, threatening to put him on the...

Nov 8, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to this is a fun debate tactic, can I try? ]

top of my prayer list was much more discouraging.

Yep - that's exactly the way it works.***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to this is a fun debate tactic, can I try? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm sorry I trigged you, Obed.

Nov 8, 2018, 11:18 AM [ in reply to this is a fun debate tactic, can I try? ]

It'll be okay.

So let's do this. Go back again and watch the original video. Not the doctored one released by the White House. You'll see that Acosta did not strike her. He tried to pull away from her. She continued to try to grab the mic. His arm came down and made contact with hers, but it was not a swat or a strike.

Now, if you continue to believe he swatted her or struck her, that doesn't make you stupid. It just means you're willing to push any BS that comes out of this White House.

And I'll be happy to start a new thread if you like!

Are you going for the daily douchee award?....

Nov 8, 2018, 11:26 AM

you can stop now...you have it well in hand :)

I know often...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:33 AM

When you don't like a person's approach in a debate, you tend to call them a ######, but (aside from the irony) that doesn't really affect me. Remember, I was a reporter once. Got called much worse.

However, if my response to this is pissing off people who actually believe Acosta attacked this intern: Good. They don't deserve a polite approach to such foolishness.

Is the award a trophy or just a certificate? I prefer actual hardware.

I think any time one's retort is...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:42 AM

"oh did I trigger you...I'm sorry"

That puts you in CU17/Memphis territory there.

I didn't sense Obed was pissed-off in his reply to you. Seems he was just copying your tone, no?

Feels triggered. Sorry if I misread it.***

Nov 8, 2018, 12:24 PM

So were you triggered when you wrong the OP?....

Nov 8, 2018, 1:04 PM

'cause they're both the exact same in tone.

"wrote the OP"***

Nov 8, 2018, 1:52 PM

Re: So were you triggered when you wrong the OP?....

Nov 8, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to So were you triggered when you wrong the OP?.... ]

Probably more like overly emphatic when confronted with absurdity before I've had my morning coffee.

^^^ironically missed the point of my post.

Nov 8, 2018, 3:12 PM

I was sounding just like you did. intentionally. It did sound triggered didn't it? Ironic.

Nah, I got your post.

Nov 8, 2018, 5:26 PM

Clearly the bluntness of my tone and message unsettled you. But it was intended to unsettle those who repeated the absurdity.

^^^got the point of my post.***

Nov 8, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to So were you triggered when you wrong the OP?.... ]

Ducsh of the Day.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Are you going for the daily douchee award?.... ]

We need a trophy.

As you can see from the responses, his minions will

Nov 8, 2018, 9:49 AM

believe anything he or his White House tells them to believe, no matter how ridiculous or absurd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still waiting on Fox to give me my talking points

Nov 8, 2018, 9:51 AM

so that i can engage in this debate

duh, there is no debate.

Nov 8, 2018, 9:54 AM

That’s the brilliance of the tactic cata has employed. “You’re so dumb I’m preemptively going to declare myself the winner of any and all debate”

It’s the figure four leg lock of debate tactics. You can’t defeat it....you may be able to reverse it, but there’s like a 5% success rate.

Re: duh, there is no debate.

Nov 8, 2018, 10:03 AM

There should not be debate about something that was recorded clearly by a camera.

You know what's worse?

Nov 8, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to duh, there is no debate. ]

Watching a smart man repeat blatant BS because a White House tells him to.

Nov 8, 2018, 10:28 AM

Acosta was acting like a child. There is protocol and courtesy they have to follow, and Acosta was not only rude to the President but he was also rude to the intern who was doing her job, and rude to the other journalists that had questions. It was unprofessional.

Nov 8, 2018, 10:55 AM

But Trump was professional by saying he doesn't like people and calling them the enemy? Christ, what a hack.

I don't dispute that Acosta...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Hold on. Are there actually... ]

Could handle himself better. But let's drop this crap that he assaulted the intern. That's a BS excuse being used to revoke his credentials because of the content of his reporting.

Re: I don't dispute that Acosta...

Nov 8, 2018, 2:13 PM

I never said he assaulted her. To suggest that is idiotic, and the only people I have seen claiming she was assaulted are Democrats saying "Hey Republicans, stop saying Acosta assaulted that intern!".

Literally, no one is saying that. Maybe Trump, but, as we know, Trump loves to troll Democrats and the media because he knows its very easy to whip them into a hysterical frenzy, which exposes how unhinged the Left is (a reason why Republicans keep doing so well).

Acosta was being rude and unprofessional, which is a pattern of behavior he and other journalists have exhibited over the last 2 years. They do it because it gets them airtime for throwing a tantrum in front of the President, the President then jabs back at their awful behavior, and when Trump jabs back, the press then says "OMG! LOOK! FASCIST TRUMP IS PERSECUTING REPORTERS AND VIOLATING OUR FREE SPEECH! IMPEACH!!!!11!1". Then, people like you and TigerBalm go click on those headlines and pump their BS which you worship as god's honest truth, which gives these media outlets internet clicks and page views, which increases their advertising revenue.

Nov 8, 2018, 3:01 PM

I know you didn't. But you're wrong if you think these folks aren't claiming it. Hell, Sanders is claiming it.

And you pretty much recite anything this White House tells you while also implying anyone on a different political spectrum from you hates America and "Western values".

Nov 8, 2018, 3:43 PM

You have a very clear and fundamental lack of many cognitive skills, reading and critical thinking in particular, if claim that I am a White House parrot. You havent read a single thing I have posted.

Nov 8, 2018, 6:54 PM

Thanks for playing. You're as much of a Trumpie as they come. The disturbing part that separates you from the rest of them here is that you actually believe people who hold different political ideologies should actually be punished for it.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-How-many-conservatives-republicans-woke-up-crying-today-24425402#24425402

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Hold-on-Are-there-actually-24429459#24429459

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-We-all-agree-thats-nonsense-but-I-have-a-quick-question-24376316

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/No-one-voted-for-Trump-because-he-is-a-good-christian-man-24409256#24409256

Wipe your chin after that last one.

You'll push anything this admin tells you to push. I'll happily entertain you proving me wrong by denouncing this joke of a presidency that isn't even true conservative or Republican.

Oh, and speaking of poor cognitive and reading skills...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Are-you-okay-24418623#24418623

I've read plenty of what you've posted. It sucks out loud.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:17 PM

(I've never voted for Trump)

But I am a pretty keen student of American History, and am very well read in a lot of different schools of political thought. The American Model of capitalism, and Western civilization, are a superior social structure to any that have ever been adapted on this planet. This is indisputable, you cannot argue with that or deny it. There is not a single argument you can make against our current system being inferior to another, and yet you continue to preach asinine, Left-wing views that totally undermine the values and principles enshrined within our culture and society which have made it great.

The ideals you believe in, being a Liberal, are fundamentally, economically, and morally flawed. You are trying to sell Arsenic disguised as Tylenol to good, healthy people under the lie that it will make them live forever. Its a total farce and I would be embarrassed to be as ignorant as you.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:24 PM

But I am a pretty keen student of American History, and am very well read in a lot of different schools of political thought.

You are very obsessed with trying to explain to everyone on here how well-read you are and how much learning you have. Nobody cares. I know you're smart. I can tell that by your writing. Spoiler alert: Most of us here are smart. Most of us have nice degrees. Most of us have read a lot. You don't have to beat your drum anymore.

The American Model of capitalism, and Western civilization, are a superior social structure to any that have ever been adapted on this planet. This is indisputable, you cannot argue with that or deny it.

I haven't argued that or disputed it. I, in fact, agree with you, which completely shatters your baseless assumptions of me and people like me. I have disputed your fallacious claim that those who lean left hate Western civilization or America.

Our nation was founded on ideas that, at the time, were strikingly liberal.

There is not a single argument you can make against our current system being inferior to another, and yet you continue to preach asinine, Left-wing views that totally undermine the values and principles enshrined within our culture and society which have made it great.

Again, you're just arguing with yourself at this point.

The ideals you believe in, being a Liberal, are fundamentally, economically, and morally flawed. You are trying to sell Arsenic disguised as Tylenol to good, healthy people under the lie that it will make them live forever. Its a total farce and I would be embarrassed to be as ignorant as you.

You have no clue what ideals I believe in, you have no clue where I sit on the political spectrum, and you have no idea what my economic beliefs or moral beliefs are. If you think you do, list them specifically. All you have made are complete baseless assumptions about me because I oppose the Imbecile President, and you incorrectly interpret his administration as traditionally conservative.

You can continue to believe I'm ignorant, but only you have exerted these made-up assumptions with little information to back them. That, and I don't feel the need to flex my intellectual nuts here by giving a boorish laundry list of what I've read or what I've studied.

It seems very clear who has the insecurities here. At least the likes of MemphisCat and such know what they are and don't feel they have to prove something to anyone here.

It was clearly targeting if you look at the video

Nov 8, 2018, 10:57 AM

I think it was fair that he got ejected...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was clearly targeting if you look at the video

Nov 8, 2018, 11:00 AM

He definitely did not lead with his helmet, coot.

Nov 8, 2018, 1:46 PM

Imbeciles who will believe whatever Sarah Sanders and the White House puts out there?

Absolutely, you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting one of 'em.

I still haven't seen the 'undoctored,' video.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:56 PM

How about it?

Re: I still haven't seen the 'undoctored,' video.

Nov 9, 2018, 3:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZ2jRZMLrg

Re: I still haven't seen the 'undoctored,' video.

Nov 9, 2018, 4:05 PM

The idea that if this administration lies would somehow dissuade Trump supporters...is a fallacy, it won't.

Here's a guy who lied about paying off a playmate and a #### star to protect his campaign and then lied about it....meant nothing to them.

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic