Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney: "I had several opportunities to leave Clemson"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney: "I had several opportunities to leave Clemson"

Dec 19, 2016, 2:03 PM

Swinney: "I had several opportunities to leave Clemson"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're lucky to have you coach.***

Dec 19, 2016, 2:15 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: We're lucky to have you coach.***

Dec 19, 2016, 2:25 PM

I second that. Coach Swinney is one of the greatest visionaries in all of college sports. Couple that with the morals he stands for and we have the success on and off the field like we're seeing now. I couldn't be more proud of the program we have under his leadership.

hmmm LUCK COINCIDENCE ????

Dec 19, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to We're lucky to have you coach.*** ]

Not trying to be contrary as I agree we are very blessed to have this man of great faith. I do believe the following to be the truth!

I personally do not believe in LUCK; as to believe in such a thing would exclude God's sovereignty. Again, not to be contrary, I firmly believe that Dabo is exactly where he is suppose to be given he has chosen to be subject to God's call on his life. His impact on the Kingdom with the young men on his teams and others who hear his witness is huge.

And just for grins - does God care about who wins football games? Does Dabo have this job at our great university if he was not successful on the field? Would his ability to affect such a great number of folks in and around our program be there if he was middle of the pack in the ACC? I think not.

Yep. Don't believe luck has anything to do with it.

Go God!

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hmmm LUCK COINCIDENCE ????

Dec 19, 2016, 4:17 PM

I agree wholeheartedly!

Re: hmmm LUCK COINCIDENCE ????

Dec 19, 2016, 5:36 PM [ in reply to hmmm LUCK COINCIDENCE ???? ]

"And just for grins - does God care about who wins football games?"'
Who are we to know what God does and does not care about? NOTHING is outside His sovereignty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was his point...***

Dec 20, 2016, 7:14 AM

Re: We're lucky to have you coach.***

Dec 19, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to We're lucky to have you coach.*** ]

Yes I will agree, and I will also say that Dabo was extremely lucky that Clemson gave him that chance that he needed to prove himself of being capable of being a D-1 HC. That is an opportunity that rarely comes around to a position coach that has never had the opportunity to be a coordinator at any level, especially at a D-1 college FB program. Everyone concerned was lucky that the Dabo-Clemson marriage has been successful and has benefited everyone as well as the Dabo Swinney hire has. And the last thing anyone would want to see, is a separation of Clemson and Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney: "I had several opportunities to leave Clemson"

Dec 19, 2016, 2:25 PM

Yes we are lucky to have you Coach and we got the best fertilizer !!!!! We want to see you become the biggest blooming tree ever on Clemson's campus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy.

Dec 19, 2016, 2:41 PM

We're pretty fortunate to have this guy on our side. He's earned it.
Clemson has had Many good coaches, but Dabo will be remembered with Frank and Danny.

Re: this guy.

Dec 19, 2016, 3:12 PM

"If I had left Clemson I'm probably not sitting here."

Ummm, ya think? ;) I know he probably meant in terms of accomplishments and not his literal locality, but still. LOL. I love Dabo. Not only for the GREAT job he does here, but he's just so. . .Alabama.

Dec 19, 2016, 4:57 PM

Context! Context is everything! Your attempt at humor only made you look like the dumb one not Dabo.
Everyone including you knew exactly what he was talking about!

Dec 19, 2016, 6:25 PM

Yeah I knew what he meant but you have to admit that was a bit Yogi Bera-ish. Gotta love Dabo.

In years to come, I think it will be reversed...

Dec 19, 2016, 3:31 PM [ in reply to this guy. ]

Frank and Danny will be remembered with Dabo. Thanks, Coach, for being a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will be at a completely diferent higher level if he..

Dec 19, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to this guy. ]

stays for another 10 years or more. He is already with those guys at the least.

Thank you coach!

Dec 19, 2016, 3:07 PM

n/m

Dabo will retire from Clemson as the biggest

Dec 19, 2016, 3:16 PM

legend in the history of this University. You can't put a price tag on that.

Dabo is CLEMSON

Dec 19, 2016, 3:30 PM

Coach had a moment when I was like this guy is a Tiger and will be a Tiger for the foreseeable future. When he learned that the new football complex was a reality. He stood there at that podium during the press conference and wept with joy for all the hard work he had put into this team and this University. There is not another coach in the country that I would want to coach these young men! Coach Dabo and the rest of Clemson Nation I hope you have a safe enjoyable Holiday! Go Tigers, ALL IN, and BEST WILL ALWAYS BE THE STANDARD!!!

Dec 19, 2016, 3:44 PM

Dabo is a good example of how talent, effort and Blessings you can grow into a big job!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2016, 4:38 PM

Coach, Clemson and the state of South Carolina has been Blessed to have you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2016, 4:47 PM

I heard last week on WCCP that he interviewed at Oregon. Anybody know when that was? Post Chip Kelly?

We are fortunate to have Dabo for his character as much as his coaching & recruiting. I hope he retires here at a ripe old age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 20, 2016, 9:35 AM

Oregons a dumpster fire job now

Either he is lying or...

Dec 20, 2016, 7:44 AM

the guys who claimed no one wanted Dabo need to step up and admit they didn't know what they were talking about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic