Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No. 4-ranked Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

No. 4-ranked Clemson

Sep 4, 2013, 12:09 PM

a staggering 52-point favorite over SC State; updated injury list
Posted on September 3, 2013 by Aaron Brenner
http://blog.postandcourier.com/tiger-tracks/2013/09/03/clemson-staggering-52-point-favorite-sc-state-updated-injury-list/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think Chad Kelly gets in the game?***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to the coaches, yes.***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#SWAG***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've NEVER heard of an ACL recovery in < 6 months...

Sep 4, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to According to the coaches, yes.*** ]

...Chad Kelly is human, right?

WHY are they risking this guy's knees at this early stage of recovery? I have heard all of the stuff that he has been cleared by doctors and trainers, but this type of return to action at the very highest level of play (I know this is SC State), seems wreckless.

Kelly may be the starting QB next year. Why risk damaging a potential star athlete, just to get him some live fire by a team that is looking for an upset? Some SC State player may have a chip on his shoulder and take a cheap shot at Kelly, ruining his career.

I say, let him take the normal path to ACL knee recovery, not a fast path to disaster.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: ^^^THIS***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:53 PM

NM

I understand where you are coming from, and I'm sure

Sep 4, 2013, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I've NEVER heard of an ACL recovery in < 6 months... ]

the coaches feel the same way. There would be absolutely no reason to play him Saturday, or anytime soon, if doctors did not feel he was ready. No way they would take a chance. Now, if we absolutely needed him this week, and he was 100% for it, then I could see them pushing it a bit; but that is not the case. We don't need him this Saturday, or anytime soon. Tajh is healthy and Stoudt is a capable back up. This tells me that either his injury was not as bad as we assumed, or that he has truly made a miraculous recovery and is really physically healed and ready for college football. I have as hard of a time wrapping my head around this too; I said before the season that there was no way he played this year. Yet here we are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I wouldn't want any player to jeopardize their future

Sep 4, 2013, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I've NEVER heard of an ACL recovery in < 6 months... ]

I am confident our coaches don't either. Even if they did, Chad's family is not going to allow anyone to jeopardize his future either.

If they feel confident that he can play, then he can play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: think Chad Kelly gets in the game?***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:13 PM [ in reply to think Chad Kelly gets in the game?*** ]

I think there is a chance, but it would be very very late in the game after Tajh leaves and after Stout gets at least a quarter under his belt. I am glad Kelly has healed and is working to get pt, but I would remind everyone that he was still behind Stout on the depth chart when he was injured.

I'll say this now

Sep 4, 2013, 12:13 PM

It's too early.

Re: I'll say this now

Sep 4, 2013, 12:16 PM

Don't under estimate THE SWAG!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very True. The Swag is strong in this one.

Sep 4, 2013, 12:29 PM

I've been watching RGIII's rehab and how he has amazed his doctors/trainers with a 7-month LCL/ACL recovery. The medical staff is referring to him as super-human. Now, Kelly tears his ACL in April and he's declared ready-for-action in 5 months? There's no way I would risk putting him in but, that's just me.

Re: I'll say this now

Sep 4, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I'll say this now ]

THANK YOU! I agree. Players need to be focused totally on SC State and nothing else. One game at the time!

I'm not a doctor and I'm not...........

Sep 4, 2013, 12:50 PM [ in reply to I'll say this now ]

one of the coaches, but to the layman, it seems far too soon for Kelly to play. There seems to be no good reason for that to happen applying the risk/reward formula. However, I always say, "Trust the coaches". So, I will!

Re: No. 4-ranked Clemson

Sep 4, 2013, 12:28 PM

kind of embarrassing we'd schedule a team like this. the idea of playing the lower classification teams has always bothered me. there are over 100 Div 1 teams. In state, politics, whatever this is just a bad move

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2013, 12:31 PM

Pretty sure we had a mid-major on the schedule such as Central Michigan. When the ACC went to the 9 game schedule (briefly), they got removed.

When we went back to the 8 game schedule, that team had already scheduled someone else.

Thus we were left to scramble and had to put a 2nd FCS school on the schedule.

Sep 4, 2013, 12:34 PM

yeah I know. It still doesnt excuse this though. I'm sure someone in our division needed a game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't be this stupid.***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:40 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't be this stupid.

Sep 4, 2013, 12:42 PM

no but clearly you can

Re: Re: No. 4-ranked Clemson

Sep 4, 2013, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: No. 4-ranked Clemson ]

I completely disagree, a game like this gives us a chance after a physically demanding game such as the Georgian game to recollect ourselves and to heal. It is also a great chance for inexperienced players to get valuable game reps. I would like for our new enrollees to be on the feild as much as possible, because you never no when an injury could put them on the spot. I don't think a game like South Carolina state couldn't have come at a better time.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic