Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we talk about Pitt scoring 52 & beating VT by 30 points?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,739

Can we talk about Pitt scoring 52 & beating VT by 30 points?

Nov 12, 2018, 3:11 PM

What in the world happened to Virginia Tech? 2 Years ago in Orlando they pushed us to the brink in the ACCCG. Now they are barely a bowl team, getting housed on the road at Pitt. Its one thing to lose, its another thing to lose 52-22. Also lets not forget that Georgia Tech demolished VT without even throwing a single pass.

https://twitter.com/SBN_BillC/status/1061715754058465282

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Can we talk about Pitt scoring 52 & beating VT by 30 points?

Nov 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

Been there...done that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 3:21 PM

VT? Is that not the school that got dumped by the unvictorious Old Dominion?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is Clemson @ Wake 2018 not on that list ?***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is Clemson @ Wake 2018 not on that list ?***

Nov 12, 2018, 4:54 PM

Our yards per play was about 9.97 verses Wake. Our rushing was 11.8 ypp (which was a school record). Passing was 7.6 ypp on 30 attempts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they lost their QB and then nose dived...***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:27 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they lost their QB and then nose dived...***

Nov 12, 2018, 3:43 PM

Losing the QB isn’t the problem. Their problem has been losing 14 of their opening day 2 deep to injuries or dismissal.

Nov 12, 2018, 3:33 PM

“I find it hard to believe anybody could outweigh (Virginia Tech DC) Bud Foster in my opinion. I know Coach Venables is a good coach but he’s not Bud Foster.” Aubrey Hollifield (Dax Hollifield's Dad)

Thank God for that. I think Aubrey was right about one thing, Venables is not Bud Foster, and Foster is no Venables....TWEET THAT!

Nov 12, 2018, 3:47 PM

Justin Fuente's been propping up D issues with a better offense. A D will play better fi they feel they have a chance. They lose a few key offensive players, some discipline issued with D players and you have a team that believes the O can't win and thus the D gives up. Call it the Jimbo-Taggert Syndrome. It isn't that VT is bad, it is that they have given up and that the DC is bring in the wrong scheme that doesn't even provide hope. Bud needs to go.

That being said, VT has been a 4-4 team since their 2012 season. Bouncing between 3-5 and 5-3 with the lone 6-2 when they played us in 2016. Really, they have not been very good in a while and a weak Coastal has just hidden it longer than it would have been noticed.

Go back and look at Beamer's last few seasons (2014 and 2015). Same defensive issues. Fuente comes in, a little change in culture but teams can still hang 30+ on that defense (see UT in bristol).

you make some good points***

Nov 12, 2018, 4:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 12, 2018, 4:08 PM

I watched a good bit of the game that night.

Even though the score is lopsided, BOTH teams looked as if they were moving in slow motion. Neither team looked decent to me. I know VT is pretty bad this year, but they looked REALLY bad that night.

They stole VT's lunch (pail) money***

Nov 12, 2018, 4:24 PM

Nov 12, 2018, 4:39 PM

Calling them barely a bowl team is very kind. They have 4 wins with Miami and Virginia left unless they find a weak sister to play Dec.1. Don't believe they will be in a bowl.

VT's defense is not as talented as in the past, lacks size,

Nov 12, 2018, 4:45 PM

speed, depth and experience. All those factors combined with an inconsistent offense not carrying the water to help the defense is resulting in a very mediocre Virginia Tech team. Truthfully, it makes me smile to think about it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 6:20 PM

Did you not see this coming? VT got steamroller by GT. GT does one thing, run the ball. Pitt knows how to run. Pretty simple imo.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic