Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
coach brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

coach brownell

Jan 5, 2015, 1:35 PM

guessing the same walmart fans who are calling for coaches head are the same idiots that begged we get him resigned before we lose him some 10 months ago. also guess these same morons were calling for dabos head after the 6-7 year. how is that working out for you guys. please be man enough to nut up and let everyone know which categories you fall in. or hey, just go back to walmart and turn your fan card back in and find a new hobby.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is your favorite thing to do is call our fans walmart fans?

Jan 5, 2015, 1:38 PM

This is at least the 3rd time I've seen you post this. I don't recall anyone clamoring to sign Brownell to a huge contract and especially not a $5 million buyout.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe walmart had a sale that day and you missed it?

Jan 5, 2015, 1:40 PM

could happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there were many posters on Tnet calling for Purnell's firing

Jan 5, 2015, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Is your favorite thing to do is call our fans walmart fans? ]

immediately after his annual first round departure from the NCAA Tournament....blue caddy was a notable. Apparently, Purnell's style is now more appreciated than it was in the past.

I also recall the disdain that reigned down upon OP's rather dastardly departure....and the general affirmation when Coach Brownell was hired---especially his presser in which he stated he wanted to build long term success at Clemson and that it would be a painstaking process. I vaguely even remembering Coach K saying last year that Clemson was, indeed, building a program....but, what the heck does he know.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-Net was on fire for OP's head after the Villanova debacle

Jan 5, 2015, 1:56 PM

That was a game that was pretty much indicative of OP's tenure at Clemson.

There were 5-10 games while he was here that were absolute landmark victories and at least that many that were abysmal losses because of failure of his system to cope with any sort of adjustment while a game was in progress.

OPs teams could blow a great team out of the gym one night.

And the next night they could fritter away a double digit lead to a 10 point under dog.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there were many posters on Tnet calling for Purnell's firing

Jan 5, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to there were many posters on Tnet calling for Purnell's firing ]

I shop at Target

Re: Is your favorite thing to do is call our fans walmart fans?

Jan 5, 2015, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Is your favorite thing to do is call our fans walmart fans? ]

well clamor on back 10 months or so. and if you are on here clamoring for brownells head you aint "our" fans. a clemson fan supports his team no matter who the coach is. there are many ways to voice your displeasure other than making recruiting even harder by bustracking every coach that does not win every game they play. i certainly have questions about a lot of things going on. guessed you "fans" missed the part where the football team improved with the building of the west zone.

Well said! Point***

Jan 5, 2015, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Is your favorite thing to do is call our fans walmart fans? ]

What if I am a Target fan .. I got the confused?***

Jan 5, 2015, 1:42 PM

^^^ got a gift card for christmas...

Jan 5, 2015, 1:45 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usually better lookng wimmens at the Target ....***

Jan 5, 2015, 1:48 PM

Re: Usually better lookng wimmens at the Target ....***

Jan 5, 2015, 1:50 PM

ain't that de troot!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially on lunch break at work. Stay at home moms FTW***

Jan 5, 2015, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Usually better lookng wimmens at the Target ....*** ]

I prefer big lots.***

Jan 5, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to What if I am a Target fan .. I got the confused?*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, what you got against Walmart?? Once you get past

Jan 5, 2015, 1:42 PM

all the coot trash walking around the store, ain't that bad of a place....

Prices be rollin' back everywhere and such..

What about those of us

Jan 5, 2015, 1:47 PM

Who aren't calling for anyone's head, but are starting to see that the writing may be on the wall that he simply isn't going to get it done here. I'd argue the reasons for our lack of success on the basketball court are many and various, but that at the end of the day we need someone who can, at least initially, overcome some of those reasons.

I was hoping that would be Brownell.

I'm thinking that is less likely now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my sentiments exactly

Jan 5, 2015, 1:55 PM

Reality is he will probably get at least another year but I think we've already seen enough to know he isn't the man for this job

Ooooo! Ouch! Your posts have been snappy lately.

Jan 5, 2015, 1:48 PM

Somebody cut you off in traffic, pretty boi?

Good.

Cuz your posts smell like burnt exhaust fumes.

The impressive thing about deroberts is that he has never,

Jan 5, 2015, 1:50 PM

not one time in his entire life, pressed the shift key on his keyboard. The rest of us can only hope for that kind of resolve.

a chicken's opinion of Tnet posters is always so

Jan 5, 2015, 1:52 PM

refreshing

His record

Jan 5, 2015, 1:57 PM

is begining to speak for itself. 22 wins his first year, then 16, to 13 before bouncing back last year with 23--but think he's going to improve on that this or next year? Don't think so.
Not calling for him to be fired, but my gosh, how long does he get a free pass by people saying Clemson's not a basketball school? Or by saying he's a great Xs & Os coach. I want a great Ws coach!I thought that's why we brought him in.
Go Tigers!!

dear sir... I have summitted the mountain for these words...

Jan 5, 2015, 2:55 PM

and I will never shop Wal Mart again.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic