Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it the team, University, or the fans..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Is it the team, University, or the fans..

Jan 24, 2014, 7:06 PM

...that cause hatred among the two sides. I posted this question on a Gamecock board and most agreed that they were both state universities that as tax payers we support, and that the players were not the enemy or the coaches. The biggest reason there is so much hate is the fans themselves. I personally don't hate Dabo....any player and Clemson is a great academic school. I have a problem with a portion of the Clemson fan base. I said a portion because I have close friends that graduated from Clemson and my son and daughter in law have Clemson tattoos. I love them....but I have met Clemson fans that I truly hate.....I guess each fan base has a bunch of idiots but it is more a fan thing than anything else. Spurrier and Dabo already have that figured out and they have no reason to hate each other. I guess it's left up to us to act all stupid....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only sc fans I really hate are the ones that visit this

Jan 24, 2014, 7:10 PM

Board acting as if they are wanted here. I interact just fine with Gamecock fans at work, but I come here to be able to talk Clemson the way I want. Unfortunately there's always an unwanted intruder here to ruin it.

Re: Is it the team, University, or the fans..

Jan 24, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'd say it is more pity than hate from this side.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree....I don't hate them. I just feel sorry for

Jan 24, 2014, 7:12 PM

them!

the worst fans are the ones that were never students

Jan 7, 2024, 3:27 PM

on both side. Those are the ones that make the rivalry dirty.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

Jan 24, 2014, 7:14 PM

There are students from both sides that are an embarrassment.

and all this time...

Jan 24, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to the worst fans are the ones that were never students ]

I thought I was a pretty good Clemson fan and have never stepped a foot in a Clemson classroom. Who knew?

Re: the worst fans are the ones that were never students

Jan 25, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to the worst fans are the ones that were never students ]

I call ######## on that. I didn't attend Clemson but have been a fan since I was a child (8 or 9) and I certainly don't treat other fans as bad as the students do. I think the students harbor more hate or dislike for other fan bases than do those of us who simply "grew up" being a fan. I was a season ticket holder for about 10 years and saw it first hand. If there was a fight in the parking lot, it was usually students of both schools. If there was offensive trash talking or "fightin' words going back and forth, the majority of the time it was students.

drunk students most likely***

Jan 25, 2014, 12:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

true

Jan 25, 2014, 12:18 PM

Te ones I've seen stirring trouble are almost always drinking.

Agree 100%.***

Jan 25, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to the worst fans are the ones that were never students ]

Re: the worst fans are the ones that were never students

Jan 25, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to the worst fans are the ones that were never students ]

I agree....At least the fans that went to SCAR have something invested, and are more likely to stick with them when they start losing again.

In my town the daughter of the owners of our largest

Jan 24, 2014, 7:15 PM

newspaper (very wealthy, very influential) has a chicken leg tattooed on the back of her neck.

A CHICKEN LEG.

So when you say it is "left up to us to act all stupid", speak for yourself.

A chicken leg...

Re: In my town the daughter of the owners of our largest

Jan 24, 2014, 7:58 PM

This makes me smile

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dead serious. My jaw drops at the mindset required

Jan 24, 2014, 8:01 PM

to arrive at that decision. Even worse, it is a source of pride she willingly shares...but shhh- Will put my life at risk in this town :O

I know you all are calling BS but at great risk to myself

Jan 24, 2014, 8:50 PM

I'll take a chance on behalf of the team. See if this works:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114935294@N02/12126175955/

lol....I will take the blame..

Jan 24, 2014, 9:26 PM

Alison Mundy Burns..hopefully she got that during her drug days

Dood?!? Well you have to take blame for the flikr acct as

Jan 24, 2014, 9:30 PM

well then. CHIT I'll have deputy sheriff elite task squad on me before dawn. I dhould unlock my doors and windows to minimize the damage

I think I hear choppers now...

If I don't return then you all bail m...wait, one sec..

Re: Dood?!? Well you have to take blame for the flikr acct as

Jan 25, 2014, 11:27 AM

They're still looking to hire a sheriff in Columbia, so you should be cool...

Looks like a scrotum

Jan 25, 2014, 7:18 AM [ in reply to I know you all are calling BS but at great risk to myself ]

nm

Jan 24, 2014, 8:34 PM

You should read the history of both schools to better understand the dislike. I attended both schools. I graduated from Clemson and later also from UGA. The University of South Carolina is worlds apart from either of the other two institutions. The location of the schools and politics of the areas may be a big part of the difference, however the values are the major difference for me. It's really a different culture here in Columbia.
I'm currently a SC student again and IMO nothing has changed.
I'm privileged to have experienced something better to appreciate what is is in many ways less.
Proud to be a Tiger and love my Tiger family.
Ever Loyal!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^this***

Jan 24, 2014, 8:40 PM

Why would you come to a tiger board looking for answers?

Jan 24, 2014, 8:48 PM

I am orange through and through but being from SC I have relatives who are on the other side of the fence. We don't bank our family on the rivalry. That said, you shouldn't soul search on a team's fan board. Grow up! The college rivalry is huge in many states ... not just ours. Don't fret so much over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly,

Jan 24, 2014, 9:50 PM

The nastiest fans I have ever been around are gamecocks. And, I can't stand Steve Spurrier--going all the way back to when he was Duke's coach. Seems he gets more and more insufferable as he gets older. Maybe it's the drinking.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

yes !

Jan 25, 2014, 4:25 AM

all of the reasons you stated. the team, the university and the fans - you can throw in the city to boot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't call it hatred; I prefer the gentler expression of

Jan 25, 2014, 5:30 AM

exceedingly strong disregard and disrespect bordering on mutual loathing that one would expect from two completely different breeds, one being upright and honorable, the other downright low-down, low-bred and low-class with nary a redeeming quality.

Oddly enough, both fan bases hold the above views toward each other, although each would defend to the death the right to proclaim from the rooftops that the other fits the latter definition.

Others would simply say you can't mix Tigers with Chickens...or Gamecocks with Kitty Cats...or Taters with Coots.

You pick...........lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2014, 7:36 AM

Do you really enjoy being in here? I can't understand why you would enjoy it. You're not welcomed so why is it fun? Heck that's all this is supposed to be...something to enjoy...get a life...you give Monroe NC a bad name

LOL.....My Friend, I'll tell you what gives Monroe, NC a

Jan 25, 2014, 8:13 AM

bad name: my nieces and nephews, who live there and are UNC alumni and fans. Their rabidity for all things blue surpasses my abilities at comprehension.

the fans. yep.***

Jan 25, 2014, 8:16 AM

63-17

Jan 25, 2014, 12:13 PM

The majority of SCar fans are haters and cause most of this. If u dont believe me then visit fgf and youll see that clemson is the topic then look on tigernet and count the coots hating on here. Compare that with tiger fans and doesnt come close....

^^^Desperately seeking relationship with same gender***

Jan 25, 2014, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic