Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney on Al Golden losing his job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney on Al Golden losing his job

Oct 28, 2015, 8:24 AM

Swinney on Al Golden losing his job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney on Al Golden losing his job

Oct 28, 2015, 8:32 AM

The guy just started getting some classes built together. Poor guy was set up for failure. Build a stadium like FAU's or something Miami or you'll always be irrelevant.

If Miami fans would show up maybe they could build one !

Oct 28, 2015, 8:36 AM

Their fan base is worthless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney on Al Golden losing his job ]

He was facing a mountain of obstacles, and all of them were uphill. He inherited a thug situation, that's for sure, but he doesn't seem to have changed their culture much, as was seen with the "chippy" attitudes of his players before and throughout the 1st half. He must have had a serious talk with them at halftime, because it seemed better the 2nd half. Maybe he, and they, learned a lesson about attitude and conduct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I would get fired and given millions going out the

Oct 28, 2015, 8:42 AM

door !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish I would get fired and given millions going out the

Oct 28, 2015, 10:10 AM

yeah... hard to feel bad for him when his walking papers include more money than i'll EVER see!!

and, i'd think the score had more to do with them not being so "chippy" than Golden.

Re: I wish I would get fired and given millions going out the

Oct 29, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to I wish I would get fired and given millions going out the ]

It's hard to find much sympathy for him. He leaves a very wealthy man, he didn't accomplish much while there, and he doesn't have to hang around there, unless he wants to. He probably is laughing all the way to the bank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also hate to see coaches loose their jobs in the middle of

Oct 28, 2015, 8:33 AM

the season, but if Dabo's predecessor hadn't lost his job mid-season, Dabo probably doesn't become the next Clemson head coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

If Southern Cal was smart, they would do exactly like we did

Oct 28, 2015, 8:47 AM

and hire the interim coach. I think we've proven it doesn't take a bring name to do it, just the right personality.

All of this mid-season firing started with Bowden

Oct 28, 2015, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I also hate to see coaches loose their jobs in the middle of ]

Guess we are trend setters......Booster programs and firing coaches mid-season

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: I also hate to see coaches loose their jobs in the middle of

Oct 28, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to I also hate to see coaches loose their jobs in the middle of ]

Really good point

Oct 28, 2015, 10:01 AM

The word is "lose," as opposed to loose, but we get your message. Mistakes happen.

Go Tigers!

Oct 28, 2015, 10:17 AM

LOLOLOL

trying to call someone out and you responded to the wrong person....

Mistakes happen. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

^^^^d0uche^^^^***

Oct 28, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I also hate to see coaches loose their jobs in the middle of ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2015, 9:37 AM

everyone remember the heat Clemson took from the talking heads for making the change mid season?

Now it appears to be the "smart move"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

losing his job

Oct 28, 2015, 10:23 AM

Bowden's dismissal was warranted. He consistently lost games he shouldn't have. If he won the games he should have he'd still be coaching Clemson. Miami fired their coach for not beating a superior team. Bowden wasn't fired for not beating FSU. It was for losing to. WF, Duke, NC state . teams we were better then. Miami is delusional if they think they are better then us. The coach can't play. Miami should have waited for the end of the season. They got beat by ( in my opinion )the best team in the country, that brought their A game . miami didn't and got beat! It happens. Ask Georgia. But as a tiger fan , I've seen my share from Miami's view. Its our time to dish out a$$ wipens. GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only thing worse

Oct 28, 2015, 10:36 AM

Than getting fired in the middle of the season is quitting in the middle of a season. Enough said.

Re: the only thing worse

Oct 28, 2015, 10:55 AM

Ha ha ha. Good point. Clemson's next installment to ESPN's staff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the only thing worse

Oct 29, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to the only thing worse ]

Very well played!

Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 PM

As Rick Neuheisel says "There is no soft dismount in coaching". Very true statement.

please God tell me that he wasn't talking about TNET

Oct 28, 2015, 6:54 PM

when he said, "social media gets coaches hired, fired, and retired".

talk about the blind leading... well just ###...

Oct 28, 2015, 10:24 PM

These guys make millions of dollars a year, so that comes with the territory. They are paid well to do what they do at that level and if the production isn't up to expectations then they make room for someone else.Most people are in jobs making much less and when they fail to reach expectations, they're dismissed with no fanfare and no multi-million dollar buyout.

Oct 29, 2015, 2:41 PM

Dabo certainly ripped the kings clothes off ESPN based on their reaction to his comments on social media. Didn't realize ESPN was that social.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic