Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the more i thought about the anti-augusta national
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

the more i thought about the anti-augusta national

Apr 10, 2016, 8:47 PM

posts , the more I felt obligated to respond. I was fortunate enought to have known a mentor and friend who was a member (he passed away a couple yesrs ago ). As for the "snobby/snooty " comments, he and the other members that I had the honor of meeting were some of the most down to earth men that I have ever met. I had known him for a number of years, not even knowing that he was a member until he invited me to play the course one cold weekend. I would go so far as to say that, inside the club, outside the tounament, that the atmosphere is genuine. These men have all been invited to join this select group, and I will tell you that character is a big part of it. ( I cannot wxplain Lou Holtz, lol ) You cannot buy your way in . Anyway- probably easy to slam a place that you judge based solely on your perception from the media.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every club has good and bad members.

Apr 10, 2016, 9:17 PM

Of course they treat the guests with respect so you can tell everyone else how great their club is. If your the guy pumping their gas they could care less, or I wonder how great you would have been treated as a black guest. Successful people can have many different personalities and behaviors based on the timing and the situation. The fact is that if you were black, brown, yellow or female you were not getting into the club as a member for the better part of their history. That is not media perception, that is just how it was and their history is something that they cannot change. They have a great club with more history than any other club and they are making changes to get with the times. The Augusta members don't care what us commoners think, we are going to tune in and spend the $ and make them even more money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fwiw, I saw this man treat everyone with humilty and

Apr 10, 2016, 9:23 PM

respect, and happened to meet the first black member the day I referenced earlier. Have you seen them treat people badly or are you assuming ? just asking. I am sure their members are not ALL salt of the earth, but again, I think they have never been treated fairly by an envious, agenda driven press

Re: Every club has good and bad members.

Apr 10, 2016, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Every club has good and bad members. ]

BoardingTiger, good luck to your buddy Bernie Sanders. To the poster, does the member you knew have the last name Murray?

no, but the first letter is correct.

Apr 10, 2016, 9:27 PM

that is as far as i will go out of respect.

Re: no, but the first letter is correct.

Apr 10, 2016, 9:30 PM

Sure thing, was just curious. The only member I ever knew and my dad was fortunate enough to play there because of him had that last name. He was a very kind man and sadly passed a few years ago as well.

many people don't realize how

Apr 10, 2016, 9:35 PM

few"local" members there are (not including the big name, at large members ) and what a short season the course is available for play. Closed from late spring into late fall, I believe. Did not have the opportunity to meet Mr. Murray, but I am sure he was quite character

Re: the more i thought about the anti-augusta national

Apr 10, 2016, 9:31 PM

How do they treat the black help?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

about the same as they treat the white help

Apr 10, 2016, 9:37 PM

most are there for a long time. What's your uninformed point ?

Apr 11, 2016, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Re: the more i thought about the anti-augusta national ]

Seems we have another Bernie supporter!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2016, 9:38 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about it, most of the SNOBS from the south moved to Charleston and aren't interested in Augusta National simply because they are SPECIAL! Rumor had it Charleston wanted to become their own state but couldn't find any Men with backbones not wearing comfortable shoes and a rainbow keychain to take up arms!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, what's wrong with wearing comfortable shoes??***

Apr 10, 2016, 9:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nothing wrong with being a little snobby about some things***

Apr 10, 2016, 9:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2016, 9:54 PM

Bull Crap Post after Saturday's
Game. Short mind or Life.

Apr 10, 2016, 9:59 PM

You need to learn when to and when not to hit the return button.

im not sure what you're talking about now, but if you're calling BS on the OP, I think it's unfounded unless you have something to prove this theory. I have had similar interactions to support the OP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huh ?

Apr 10, 2016, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: the more i thought about the anti-augusta national ]

assume this was directed somewhere else. If not, crawl back under the rock

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic