Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 902

Question

May 31, 2012, 10:39 AM

The BIG XII made it know secret last year that it was going to push forward to become a conference bigger and better than the SEC. Why does the ACC not have this same mentality? I have thought about the add of Syracuse and Pitt and can't seem to come up with anything to support they were added because of their football programs. If the ACC did give Clemson bowl money would it be enough to stay put in the conference? It would seem that the SEC and BIG XII would move forwards at some point again producing more money and we are in the same boat.

Another thing is how can we get a Dabo show on during football season? All I get here is the Old Ball Sac on ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question

May 31, 2012, 10:43 AM

The ACC in its recent meetings already voted down an idea to give teams more money based on bowls. They are sticking with equal revenue sharing.

Here's another reason to leave the ACC:

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/22/The-Significance-of-SOS-Being-Added-Back-to-the-BCS-Formula-9872036/1

the Swoffie camp stubbornly refused to believe that

May 31, 2012, 10:45 AM

it was FOOTBALL, not their holy sport of basketball, that drove the TV contracts (aka money).

They got a cold, hard dose of reality when ESPN told them that football was 80% of the new deal, and the new deal was exposed as a stinker compared to other conferences. By the time these facts soaked into their skulls, it was too late.

They're stuck now unless there is more change - and RADICAL change - to the ACC lineup. But they are backed in a corner that have few options of escape.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the Swoffie camp stubbornly refused to believe that

May 31, 2012, 10:51 AM

unfortunately that THEY you are referring includes US! ....Backed into the corner of a sinking ship!

fortunately CU/FSU have the ability to swim

May 31, 2012, 10:57 AM

whereas Duke, WF, etc will have to depend on riding the backs of another.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: fortunately CU/FSU have the ability to swim

May 31, 2012, 11:05 AM

Just suppose for sake of argument that the SEC/Big 12 don't see FSU & Clemson as the prizes that we do. What then? Where do we go if no one wants us? Not enough good football schools out there to form a new conference. That's right, we better start kicking ### in our own conference because there just might be nowhere to go.

tru dat and when we get a chance to play on national tv--

May 31, 2012, 11:51 AM

EARN some respect!

Re: tru dat and when we get a chance to play on national tv--

May 31, 2012, 12:13 PM

I totally agree. I think this year holds a lot of the keys. I am fully confident in our team, coaches, and fans that we can become the prize but its going to take a win out to turn heads. Also lets hope attendance is up at the bowl game this year.

Replies: 7
| visibility 902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic