Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCCG ratings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,734

ACCCG ratings

Dec 4, 2012, 10:25 AM

This is sad guys.
The ACCCG did a 1.4 rating.

8pm championship game.. primetime. A game that wasnt decided until a defensive stop on the final drive in the final minutes.

Our chances of getting a better TV deal in the ACC looks really weak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can anyone post ANY numbers regarding the ACC and

Dec 4, 2012, 10:30 AM

TV/revenue/ratings/rankings...

that would be positive?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

what were the ratings for the SEC title game?***

Dec 4, 2012, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what were the ratings for the SEC title game?***

Dec 4, 2012, 11:10 AM

It drew a 10.0 rating with a peak of 13.3 during the final half hour of coverage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2012/12/02/sec-championship-tv-rating-alabama-georgia-cbs/1740755/

because of 1 game matching up a 6-6 team with FSU?

Dec 4, 2012, 10:54 AM

Why would anybody watch that? I'm guessing the Big 10 Championship didn't get much better ratings.

Now that I look, the Big 10 game had a rating over 2, which is surprising. That was not an interesting matchup at all, and the game ended up not being close. What's more surprising is the ACCC only got a 1.7 last year and a 2.0 the year before.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the 6-6 "matchup" wasn't the issue.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:42 AM

the matchup between two ACC teams was an issue. nobody outside of the region watches ACC football. hell the CU-SC game only drew a 1.7 rating barely ahead of UGA/GT at 1.5.

ACCCG
2011 - 1.7
2010 - 1.8
2009 - 1.9
2008 - 2.9
2007 - 4.2
2006 - 4.0
2005 - 5.1

Re: the 6-6 "matchup" wasn't the issue.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:49 AM

The Rich get richer.

Your conference has to make football #1 across the board. This TV contract is just going to suck. If they get better over the next 10 years (some of those programs are 10 years away from being worth a crap), then maybe the next one won't suck.

$50 million isn't enough of a buyout anymore. The difference in revenue is making that a few year payback. You need to move it to $100 million or maybe $200 million to trap people in the ACC.

Re: the 6-6 "matchup" wasn't the issue.

Dec 4, 2012, 11:53 AM

I don't think Maryland is going to be forced to pay the $50,000,000. They never agreed to it. Being part of an organization doesn't make you subject to the rules unless you agree to it. The ACC isn't the government...their rules aren't law.

If your HOA puts a fine on moving out at $40,000 and you never agree to that, then good luck on them collecting it when you move out.

I think FSU and Maryland will be able to leave without paying it. The other 10 schools are on the hook if they leave.

Re: ACCCG ratings

Dec 4, 2012, 11:13 AM

I didn't watch that crap.

You can not compare cable ratings to over-the-air network

Dec 4, 2012, 11:55 AM

ratings. When Clemson or an ACC team is on ABC and a Big Ten team, even an SEC team is on ESPN cable, the game on ABC will win the ratings war every time. It is like comparing apples and oranges.

How many times do people have to be told this?

Re: You can not compare cable ratings to over-the-air network

Dec 4, 2012, 12:10 PM

You do understand that ABC/ESPN had the game, and they put it on ESPN over ABC. So while it might be apples to oranges after ABC/EPSN made their selection on what to show where. The game had a chance to be on ABC to try and get ratings equal to SEC game on CBS. It wasn't worthy of the time slot, so it is pretty fair comparison.

I made my poiint. One game was on over the air network and

Dec 4, 2012, 1:50 PM

the other was on cable. You can't compare the two. You are going into ESPN choosing one for ABC and the other for cable ESPN.

Why don't you go and check an earlier post of mine about SEC dipping ratings on CBS and note in the link that South Carolina had some of the lowest of them all.

You do understand that you are on three-year probation and two hall-of-fame coaches have failed to win one single conference championship for you, but they have managed two separate probations.

Enjoy the basketball loss.

South Carolina football graduation rate 39%, ouch!!!!!!***

Dec 4, 2012, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: You can not compare cable ratings to over-the-air network ]

Re: You can not compare cable ratings to over-the-air network

Dec 4, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to You can not compare cable ratings to over-the-air network ]

GT/UGA(1.5) was on ESPN, and the CU/SC was one of the biggest matchups in the history of our two schools, and we barely our drew a total mismatch in UGA/GT.

But we outdrew them. And they were both on cable, or at

Dec 4, 2012, 1:51 PM

least ours was on able.

After 2014 the new system and having ND in ACC bolw pic..

Dec 4, 2012, 1:21 PM

will take care of that situation. The Orange Bowl will be fine after next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACCCG ratings

Dec 4, 2012, 1:28 PM

A buddy of mine got 2 free tickets in the lower bowl. Seeing as how he pulls for Clemson when they don't play FSU...and because the tickets were free...I went to the game.

It was embarrassing with how many people were in that stadium. No one was there. We left before the end of the first half mainly because I figured FSU would pull it out. They weren't even selling beer inside the stadium which is one of the reasons I agreed to even go.

Our best shot as a conference is to simply stack the

Dec 4, 2012, 1:56 PM

divisions and let us play bigger games more often throughout the year. That's how we'll get better TV ratings and make our football programs that much stronger, by upping the weekly competition. Structuring divisions amorphously to try and create an entertaining and captivating ACCCG, just one game out of the whole season that few people care about, has been a colossal failure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is the game and who is playing?***

Dec 4, 2012, 2:05 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic