Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Shutdown corner: Alexander backs up his pregame talk and dominates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New Story: Shutdown corner: Alexander backs up his pregame talk and dominates

Dec 30, 2014, 12:55 AM

Shutdown corner: Alexander backs up his pregame talk and dominates

Clemson’s football players took in the full Orlando experience this week, making trips to Disney World and Sea World and taking advantage of the rewards of a bowl trip. Not Mackensie Alexander, who turned his pregame preparation into a shutdown performance.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of personal and team pride & for good reason

Dec 30, 2014, 1:00 AM

Well played Mac! Keep working and communicating! Proud of you and for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of personal and team pride & for good reason

Dec 30, 2014, 2:12 AM

You can beat beat confidence, and to have that much confidence with his work ethics and talent. His space is absolutely a no fly zone!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude sits in the hotel..

Dec 30, 2014, 1:03 AM

room watching game film instead of visiting disney world and sea world..then his comments..i love this guy...lets clone him..could use a team full of guys with his attitude.

Watching film while teammates are at disney. This kid is special***

Dec 30, 2014, 1:03 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally agree***

Dec 30, 2014, 10:28 AM

Re: New Story: Shutdown corner: Alexander backs up his pregame talk and dominates

Dec 30, 2014, 1:05 AM

This guy is good! He is everything we expected and more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that pic of the coach holding him back..

Dec 30, 2014, 1:06 AM

brent has rubbed off on him lol

Re: that pic of the coach holding him back..

Dec 30, 2014, 1:09 AM

Please pass your work ethic onto the rest of the defense. Thats the only way to truly build DB U!!

its great hearing about his work ethic...

Dec 30, 2014, 1:11 AM

johnny football would have been sneaking off to the bar while down there instead of studying game film..this is why mac will be selected high in the nfl draft on draft day

Re: its great hearing about his work ethic...

Dec 30, 2014, 10:52 AM

That is why Mac will still be playing in the NFL long after Manziel has washed out.

Mac Island is straight up beast mode

Dec 30, 2014, 1:12 AM

Unbelievable....

Re: New Story: Shutdown corner: Alexander backs up his pregame talk and dominates

Dec 30, 2014, 1:13 AM

Richard Sherman with a whole lot of class added in.

It's been a great luxury to be able to put him on an island.

Dec 30, 2014, 4:37 AM

He's been burned a few times this season, but that's islander life. Whatever yards and points he may have given up, was probably made up for 5 times over by being able to trust him on the island and therefore being able to bring a safety into the box or on a blitz. That stuff doesn't show up on Alexander's personal stats, but it shows up on the D's high (hopefully #1) rankings.

Heck of a job!

Every corner gets burned sometimes

Dec 30, 2014, 7:36 AM

It's the ones that minimize those situations who you really want, and Alexander has certainly held his own and more this season.

Re: It's been a great luxury to be able to put him on an island.

Dec 30, 2014, 7:46 AM [ in reply to It's been a great luxury to be able to put him on an island. ]

Well put Razz

Re: It's been a great luxury to be able to put him on an island.

Dec 30, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to It's been a great luxury to be able to put him on an island. ]

He's like a shortstop that wants everything hit his way or a goalie that wants to catch and spit out forty shots a night. Athletic, smart, dedicated and fearless. Some kind of player.

Dec 30, 2014, 6:51 AM

"I'm not going to pronounce his name" ....I love it!

Dec 30, 2014, 7:31 AM

Pretty obvious that the ESpin bias exist when a Freshman acknowledged it!

#2 was awesome last night!

I remember his commitment day when he said:
" everybody wants to talk about the SEC , but WE (meaning Clemson) is going to win a National Championship"

I see him emerging as a leader on next years Defense!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The next Justin Miller?***

Dec 30, 2014, 10:30 AM

Re: The next Justin Miller?***

Dec 30, 2014, 10:35 AM

Mad respect for J Mill but 2 is better. Much better cover guy.

I really like this young man

Dec 30, 2014, 7:37 AM

Intelligent, driven, hard working, and confident without being too cocky. He is going to be a superstar for us. I love it.

Dec 30, 2014, 7:43 AM

He's going to be in the NFL one day and take care of his parents for the rest of their lives. Before that happens, he needs a title with us. It's going to be next year folks.

Dec 30, 2014, 7:47 AM

Great game MacKenzie !! It's great to hear all the work that you put in to be prepared for a game. I also respect the way you handled the "trash talker", he ran his mouth and you shut it by giving him nothing but a paltry few yards on 1 catch. Looking forward Spring Practice already. Keep up the hard work. GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 30, 2014, 7:50 AM

Question; since he sat out last year, is he elgible for draft after next season and do you know how his brother(twin?)is doing ?

Dec 30, 2014, 8:07 AM

He could leave after next year (You need to be 3 years removed from playing high school ball), and I believe his brother is at Auburn but not sure what kind of season he had

Dec 30, 2014, 10:35 AM

Thanks WGT

Dec 30, 2014, 7:53 AM

Mac has backed up everything else he's said, and I hope he backs up "We're gonna win a National Championship." He's the perfect mold for a leader-- he doesn't waste a lot of time OFF the field using his mouth... he just quietly does his job ON the field. And on Mac Island, he's like the Lone Ranger... and I have no doubt that #3 last night and several other top notch wide receivers this year has wondered after going up against him, "Who was that masked man?"

Way to go, MacKenzie! Can't wait to see you next year.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember seeing Alexander in downtown clemson

Dec 30, 2014, 8:23 AM

The year he was redshirted. I went up to him, talked to him briefly and then said "i remember watching your highschool film, man you are a beast in highschool" he replied and said "sh!t im going to be one here too". So far he has kept his word. I hope he doesn't go to the draft after next year. I want him to stay until at least his junior year

I, too, like the way this guy plays...but

Dec 30, 2014, 9:22 AM

I wonder what happened in Atlanta. I was there and watched Ga. Tech target him multiple times successfully. I got home and watched the game again. I'm afraid that my original thoughts were correct. Glad that he's back next year.

GT played well, it happens.***

Dec 30, 2014, 10:36 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

GT is a different beast with that offense.

Dec 30, 2014, 5:08 PM [ in reply to I, too, like the way this guy plays...but ]

Usually Mac can just shut down his guy and block out most of the rest of the stuff, but against GT, corners have to be ready for the option as well as the pass, and he looked like a guy seeing that offense for the first time.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I, too, like the way this guy plays...but

Dec 30, 2014, 8:53 PM [ in reply to I, too, like the way this guy plays...but ]

Simple answer was he was a mismatch...by height. GT's WR Waller is 6'5"...Mackenzie is 5'10". That is why he was targeted, because they went to exploit the height difference against a RS Freshman. The QB though was having to throw near perfect high tip passes to get by Alexander's coverage, so it wasn't always successful. But a 6" height difference (plus the wing span difference that'd also create) is why...Mackenzie was on their tallest and best receiver.

Dec 30, 2014, 9:29 AM

Love his attitude! Keep it up Mac! GO TIGERS,

Alexander's 1st video interview??

Dec 30, 2014, 10:27 AM

I have been waiting on this one.....man, I am impressed.
Confident young man. Glad we got him!!
Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a run at ALL AMERICAN
honors in 2015.
Go get em #2

He's already got the attitude of an NFL corner.

Dec 30, 2014, 10:51 AM

It's me vs. you, and that's the way I want it. You think you can beat me? Prove it.
This kid is going to make a LOT of money someday. I can't wait for Blanks to get back on the field. Our secondary is going to be a monster next season.

Fields

Dec 30, 2014, 12:06 PM

Could learn a lot from this guy, and help Clemson become DB U.

Would be the best player mentor and friend a guy with Fields' abilities could ask for, honestly.

It doesn't hurt that he has practiced against Sammy Watkins

Dec 30, 2014, 1:12 PM

Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, Charone Peake... we too deep.

Mckenzie is a stud

Dec 30, 2014, 5:39 PM

And is personally my favorite player on the team. He knows his boundaries and is one of the hardest workers. That's earns my respect

Dec 30, 2014, 7:03 PM

A great deal of confidence. Remember actions speaks louder than words. Keep up the work ethics and those actions will continue to follow you.

Dec 31, 2014, 10:51 AM

That picture makes it look like Shepard got into his head. Man I am sure glad Shepard got into MacKensie's head....

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic