Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT & Bud Foster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,191

VT & Bud Foster

Jun 17, 2012, 12:29 AM

I work with a guy who played at VT in 83 & 84. He is still very involved with the program. So I asked him the other day about Bud Foster and why he hasn't been given a head coaching opportunity. I was shocked by his answer. He told me that Coach Foster had gotten in trouble early in his coaching career. He was caught partying with students and was either convicted of contributing to the delinquency of minors or something along those lines. He said, because of this. Coach Foster can't pass the required background investigation that schools require. Has anyone else heard of this? The guy that told me this, is a class act. I have no reason to doubt his word.

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT & Bud Foster (slightly different answer)

Jun 17, 2012, 12:36 AM

I heard that he pretty much told TDP off when he did not get the HC job at Clemson. TDP has a lot of connections in the college athletic world and that Bud would pretty much NEVER get a HC job.....although this is a different story than yours, both involve character issues which could be the ultimate reason Bud has never gotten a HC gig

that has been a long standing rumor in virginia, i've never

Jun 17, 2012, 1:02 AM

seen it 'confirmed'.

it would be a matter of public record if that was the case and some enterprising reporter would have made it nationally public by now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that has been a long standing rumor in virginia, i've never

Jun 17, 2012, 2:22 AM

That would explain why he hasn't left. Thats a stroke of luck for the VT fans..he's been such a huge part of their success.

Jun 17, 2012, 8:03 AM

The partying thing should have been forgiven over time but with that said, I hope he stays because he doesn't have a clue how to stop a Chad Morris offense.

Jun 17, 2012, 8:07 AM

with that said, i wonder how long it will be before the chad gets offered a good hc job? i hope we have have him a few more years,at the very least.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heard some of that. Add some Rick Barnes stuff and I think

Jun 17, 2012, 8:20 AM

Pretty much covers the issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: VT & Bud Foster- there is something there

Jun 17, 2012, 8:51 AM

I don't know what but something is holding him back. not the coaching aspect.

Just like Sandusky- never got a head coaching gig and he "retired" when he was heir apparent at Penn State. In retrospect we know know there was a big issue there.

Not saying Bud has anything like that but it makes no sense he hasn't been offered a HC gig unless there is something that puts them off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,191
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic