Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
team is young & injured, might win 2 more games this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

team is young & injured, might win 2 more games this

May 7, 2019, 10:00 PM

yr. but we have lots of talent & will be good next yr,with more experience, Don't fire Monte yet

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: team is young & injured, might win 2 more games this

May 7, 2019, 10:07 PM

Anyone calling for Monte to be fired right now is an idiot, or a Coot, or I guess those can be the same thing. He’s got some fantastic recruits coming in within the next couple of years. He’s killing Kingston throughout the state, as far as recruiting goes. You fire Monte, and I can assure you at least half of those recruits will not come to Clemson. Give Him Time!! Good thing no one listened to those fools calling for Dabo’s head after four years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:07 PM

May 7, 2019, 10:29 PM

When you look at Monte’s first real recruiting year, the class rank was 34. Looking at the pitchers drafted that year, that’s who he’s pitching with or relievers.

The next class was his top class in rankings. Weatherly, jones, strider & donathan and kier are dL and two suspensions.

What’s disappointing is the defense, but a lot of those are first year players. What’s mind blowing is our two veteran pitchers Hennessy and Crawford that started weekends last year, can’t seem to pitch a decent mid week game. Quite the turnaround. Why? I wish I knew. I defer to the baseball experts here.

What I wish more than anything is to see Monte try coker and o’rear. Or at least see a reporter ask why they haven’t been given a chance.

Agree, the talent is there and on its way. Time will tell if that talent can be developed ala Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:50 PM

I’m just as frustrated and disappointed as any other Tiger fan. If it’s not the lack of hits that will drive you crazy, it’s the pitching. There is definitely need for improvement. Hopefully, Monte sees it too. I just hope the majority of Tiger fans will have some patience and give him some time.

May 7, 2019, 11:20 PM

Very frustrating. Monte’s got to be at his wits end with the pitching. None of the starters have gotten deep starts of late. But I still want to know why he hasn’t given coker or o’rear a chance... at least ask him why not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 10:52 PM

Hope to see them win Friday night in Raleigh.

May 7, 2019, 11:49 PM

I didn't even realize we were playing tonight (thank goodness). This team is really puzzling, especially the pitching, but I feel sure that Monte has a good core (but young) that will eventually turn into an excellent team. I don't know if this team has given up, but the mental errors the past few weeks has been incredible. I have never see so many dropped balls, balks, etc. Hopefully we can show some fight in our last conference games, but I haven't seen much to make me think so.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My .02.

May 8, 2019, 7:28 AM

Here's the problem...Bullpen has lost a ton of games this year. The younger guys playing aren't use to playing these many games and they need time to adjust to the number of college games in a season. Our bullpen has been horrible all year.

It's rough for us being the only team with injured players.

May 8, 2019, 9:22 AM

I wish we could be like, evidently, every opponent we play and never have injuries to contend with in any way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic