Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has

Dec 10, 2019, 8:48 PM

passe and only viable to the big ten big 12 and sec.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has

Dec 10, 2019, 9:03 PM

for years the award seemed to belong to a select few schools-ND,oklahoma,alabama,ohio state,michigan,the real usc,and maybe penn st,and the heisman voters are either too lazy,biased,or paid-off to go outside the longstanding circle of sacred cows.lamar Jackson a recent exception.still remember when a domer qb won his 1st game,he was automatically considered a heisman candidate.bottom line is:no matter how much CU wins on the field,we're still considered pretenders.urban myer is a perfect example.he's 0-2 against us-sour grapes,and he still thinks osu has an advantage because they play in the mighty big 10.he still believes in the myth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 10, 2019, 9:07 PM

If I was making the money he is from OSU I’d ignore facts too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 10, 2019, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Re: te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has ]

Yep, all the relevant teams that have historically been good back in the 40’s and 50’s. Only because that’s where the industrial show and population was. Then Hollywood was the answer with the exception of the sec that came on in the 60’s and 70’s. It was always about the money and still is today.

Wasn’t too hard when you always matched the midwestern team with sec for the championship every year. been a lot different blue bloods had there been a playoff system years ago.

Some of Howard’s teams would have won a natty or two.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has ]

for years the award seemed to belong to a select few schools-ND,oklahoma,alabama,ohio state,michigan,the real usc,and maybe penn st,and the heisman voters are either too lazy,biased,or paid-off to go outside the longstanding circle of sacred cows.lamar Jackson a recent exception.still remember when a domer qb won his 1st game,he was automatically considered a heisman candidate.bottom line is:no matter how much CU wins on the field,we're still considered pretenders.urban myer is a perfect example.he's 0-2 against us-sour grapes,and he still thinks osu has an advantage because they play in the mighty big 10.he still believes in the myth.

What about George Rogers from SCU? He likes stale Flutie Flakes...

https://youtu.be/nQlG9Muwbmg

Dec 10, 2019, 11:25 PM

does cocaine affect the sense of taste?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 11, 2019, 1:38 PM

only when you sprinkle it on cereal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Rogers' Heisman and Black Magic's 10-2 record

Dec 11, 2019, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has ]

Were the twin highlights from the Chickens' 20-year adventure into Independence.

Which make it the most rewarding period of their existence.

Too bad Rogers' 35-carries-per-game brought on a lifetime of pain that a few years of cocaine use and a second career hawking autographs for $5 apiece cannot ever erase.

So I'm fine with him wearing a nice suit once a year, starring in commercials and acting important representing an award that is otherwise meaningless to me. The rest of the year, he is 'George Rogers who sold his health to the Chickens.'

No human should be stuck with that stigma.

Dec 10, 2019, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has ]

for years Alabama had no Heisman winner.
Then along comes eSECpn..........
finally their first Heisman winner in 2009.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

not sure about this and correct me if i'm wrong,but have always thought that nameth was.

null

Dec 11, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: te9 got hosed imho by the heisman committee this award has ]

And then 3 in less than a decade, plus numerous additional invites, both deserved and not.

See how fast the template can change?

Meanwhile, Auburn remains the only Heisman-coached school with a Heisman winner.

Dec 11, 2019, 3:00 PM

Sorry, 2 in 7 years with 3 additional finalists.

Dec 10, 2019, 11:23 PM

At Clemson we play for National Championship Trophies - not Heismans.

I bet that is a part of our recruiting pitch to out team oriented targets.

Dec 10, 2019, 11:24 PM

Silly award. Beauty pageant.

To me the award became sullied when it was awarded

Dec 11, 2019, 5:15 AM

to Johnny Football and Famous Jameous...two classless acts who should have never been on that stage.

I don't believe the award should be presented until after the national title game. Secondly, the Heisman Trust itself should determine finalists after that game, then open the voting for one week followed by the presentation.

AND the fricking media, particularily ESPN and CBS, should stay the he1l out, letting the Trust completely control it. Lastly, the award should include on and off field performance and behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what will E$PN talk about in its 168 hours a week

Dec 11, 2019, 2:05 PM

of programming?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That trophy is a joke and a popularity contest.

Dec 11, 2019, 6:31 AM

They have their minds made up who wins after the 1st game. I stopped caring after Daddy Crablegs Winston won it. Then Lamont Sanford winning it over DW4 sealed my opinion.

Re: That trophy is a joke and a popularity contest.

Dec 11, 2019, 2:24 PM

They have their minds made up who the possibilities after maybe the 5th I bet. By week 5 TL was out of consideration. That said, I think they have very candidates. I can't knock any of them.

Dec 11, 2019, 2:04 PM

Why? The ACC had the winner and runner up just a couple of years ago. The ACC has won it numerous times. We have had someone there 2 of the last 5 years for sure. They only allow 3 or 4 people to be there. Why is ETN more deserving than who will be there?

Dec 11, 2019, 5:20 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic