Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
sure seems like Nike screwed up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,755

sure seems like Nike screwed up

Sep 3, 2018, 9:58 PM

with this Kap thing. Why risk alienating a large portion of your customer base ? Would be interesting to see if ther are any "out" clauses in the team and other agreements that might apply here

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sure seems like Nike screwed up

Sep 3, 2018, 10:01 PM

just like ESPN and Papa John. Find ways to strangle the goose laying the golden egg. Brilliant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 10:05 PM

How about the men and women who serve this nation so we can live in peace. Those are ones who sacrificed everything, not a washed up quarterback who takes a knee during the National Anthem.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 3:02 AM

Amen 100%. That’s who risk everything. Our police and fire risk everything. This man who has no value as far as football, whose best days are long gone has risked nothing but his reputation and he didn’t have that good of one to begin with

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 3, 2018, 10:02 PM

with this Kap thing. Why risk alienating a large portion of your customer base ? Would be interesting to see if ther are any "out" clauses in the team and other agreements that might apply here

They took a risk on Jordan back in the 80s that worked out for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Sep 3, 2018, 10:03 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow lol***

Sep 3, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: sure seems like Nike screwed up ]

No difference at all.***

Sep 3, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: sure seems like Nike screwed up ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 3, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: sure seems like Nike screwed up ]

really ? Jordan, for a VERY long time, intentionally did not discuss politics

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: sure seems like Nike screwed up ]

There's no scenario under which Kap will ever equal Jordan, in any part of his life.

yeah, really chancy w/ the greatest B-ball player ever***

Sep 3, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: sure seems like Nike screwed up ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all think Tiger Sports Shop will take back a pair of size

Sep 3, 2018, 10:22 PM

12.5 Nikes, bought on Friday, only worn once.......I mean, if Nike had broken this news Friday, I would not have bought them.....

Re: Y'all think Tiger Sports Shop will take back a pair of size

Sep 3, 2018, 10:59 PM

Just leave out the been worn part...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 10:59 PM

Told my son tonight he better start looking for another brand because I will never buy him another pair of Nike shoes.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kap-er-nick sacrificed everything? I won’t be

Sep 3, 2018, 11:18 PM

buying any Nike stuff for a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kap-er-nick sacrificed everything? I won’t be

Sep 3, 2018, 11:22 PM

Nike sucks Skechers are better anyway .

LMAO!!

Sep 4, 2018, 12:34 AM

that is straight up hysterical! Sketchers. Bwahahahaha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kap-er-nick sacrificed everything? I won’t be

Sep 4, 2018, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Kap-er-nick sacrificed everything? I won’t be ]

Remember Nike being run by a liberal European. Nike here is what I think you should do. Go to Hell

This will have zero effect on Clemson's Nike deal

Sep 3, 2018, 11:40 PM

Kaepernick's had an endorsement deal with Nike since 2011, by the way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For 20+ years I wouldn't own anything Nike made

Sep 4, 2018, 12:55 AM

because they were basically bankrolling unc's athletic dept.

Where were all the self-righteous Trumpsters then?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2018, 8:48 AM

I'd bet that nothing is really going to be impacted by this. You'll have some folks (like myself) who are going to actively find a different brand to buy. I certainly don't see any teams making a stink over this simply because I think most people (especially actual teams) are burnt out on the back and forth of this issue and don't want to continuously re-litigate it.

However, the biggest disappointment, IMO is just the willingness to go along with lies. Kap's entire platform is rooted in nothing but lies. Not only does he support communists, he's never once articulate a statistic or solution to any of what he's protesting.

I think the closest that he has gotten to articulating an actual point is he's against "oppression of minorities". Well, okay, no one wants that. But which statistic are you talking about? It can't be police brutality, because even though there are clearly situations that happen where police assault a black person wrongly, the data suggests there is no racial differences when it comes to police brutality. https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/publications/empirical-analysis-racial-differences-police-use-force

There are REAL issues within our criminal justice system. War on drugs, mandatory minimum sentencing, and other factors that puts more black people in jail than white people. Yet he's never once had the ability to articulate those factors. He has no clue what he is even talking about, and that's what I find the most discouraging, that all these people are rallying around an absolute dolt.

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,755
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic