Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The hype machine is back at full strength
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The hype machine is back at full strength

Sep 29, 2014, 11:40 AM

Mizzou is ranked, really ?? Not only are they coming off a home loss to Indiana(they have a football team), then beat a seriously overranked Lamecock team #13 after subpar wins and buttkicking to A&M.

Speaking of A&M, they may be ranked high but do they really deserve it ? Lamecocks clearly ranked too high to beging season and still are. Arkansas was showing them the exit door all game, just could not close it(similiar to our Tigers last week at FSU). Are they really a top 10 team after beginning year out of top 25 ? I think not!

While we all can agree that ESPN loves some SEC and how they can do no wrong. I find it egregious that they never seem to be able to grasp the concept that while a few teams may be really, really good(Alabama, Allburn, LSU) that the rest of the pack is severely lacking.

It would not bother me except that it continues to happen even when its obvious year in and year out that Georgia will never take advantage of great talent, Lamecocks are just an average team, the Volunteers do not have Manning coming back as his eligibility is exhausted lol.

We will have a hard time making into the top 10 this year even if we do win out given the landscape being so heavily favored in SEC direction...3 loss teams will be ahead of us but I still love our football team and feel we can have a great year.

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but Indiana followed up the Mizzou win

Sep 29, 2014, 11:42 AM

by getting stomped by MD.

So, clearly you have to consider that Indiana loss a "good loss" for Mizzou.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Yeah, but Indiana followed up the Mizzou win

Sep 29, 2014, 12:49 PM

I think that is the biggest flaw in the rankings right now. Maryland is also 4-1 and lost to WVU while crushing Indiana. Missouri is 4-1 but lost to Indiana. Sure Missouri has a little bit better win but since when does that discount a bad loss. Only in the SEC.

null

At least Scar fell out. I don't really care about

Sep 29, 2014, 11:44 AM

the other stuff. Clemson will be probably be ranked appropriately if business is taken care of.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU and MSU are also severely overranked

Sep 29, 2014, 11:53 AM

You shouldn't be able to lose at home to an unranked Miss St. team and still be #15, if you're LSU. MSU somehow rose from unranked to #14 or #13 based on their win over LSU, just like TAMU rose after their win over South Carolina.

I can't see how LSU beats Auburn at Auburn with the Bayou Tigers' inability to stop the run and their young offense. Anything can happen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty good sized Auburn win. We'll see if that's enough to drop them out of the polls.

I also wouldn't be surprised if MSU beat TAMU this weekend. They'll have them at home, and I don't think TAMU's defense is all that great yet. The only thing is, MSU has been vulnerable to the pass, and that plays right into what TAMU wants to do. If MSU wins, they'll end up in the top 10 while TAMU will probably just fall to the 15- 20 range. If TAMU wins, I guess how far MSU drops will depend on the score. Either way, both of those teams will remain overranked because of wins over other, previously overranked teams.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree on all points...+1.***

Sep 29, 2014, 11:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their poll will be so contradicted by the PO committee's...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:02 PM

first poll they'll chit a brick. It will be fulfillment of Bible prophesy, 'There will be waling and gnashing of teeth.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree with this***

Sep 29, 2014, 12:03 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

"subpar wins" I guess you forgot they beat UGA which

Sep 29, 2014, 12:11 PM

beat Clemson by 24. that's not a subpar win. They also beat ECU who beat VT and demolished UNC. Not a subpar win.

When you say stupid crap like that, it only makes you look like a coot and gives their fanbase fuel to the fire about how stupid Clemson fans are.

That's rich. A coot calling someone a coot.***

Sep 29, 2014, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

I realize the Dawgs beat us, and Lamecocks beat

Sep 29, 2014, 1:15 PM [ in reply to "subpar wins" I guess you forgot they beat UGA which ]

the Dawgs, but with that logic how do the Gamecocks then go about losing to a miserable Missouri team ?

My opinion is just that, my opinion and I can appreciate every other opinion but what I said is not crap. You have 2 losses, both of which should be embarrassing so not sure why your Lamecock loving self even posted a reply. A&M wiped their ### with your D, and Missouri has no offense to speak of yet they go the distance twice in the final 7 minutes, yikes. BTW, Georgia is lucky it was the first game, we beat them if we play again no question about it!!!!

Re: "subpar wins" I guess you forgot they beat UGA which

Sep 29, 2014, 2:01 PM [ in reply to "subpar wins" I guess you forgot they beat UGA which ]

I don't count wins against one team to another. To further explain In recent years Clemson has beaten the likes of Georgia, LSU, Auburn, and FSU to watch them go and Destroy South Carolina nearly 3 to 4 games later. What happens for one team does not directly call another. On the ECU vs UNC game clearly that team gave up on themselves not to mention ECU went in with a lot to prove and did just that. Clemson on the other hand had nothing to prove just a team trying to get a win. Also when ECU played South Carolina they let them escape with a win because it pretty much looked like Clemson's game against FSU. So don't give them credit for being lucky.

ECU is a subpar win. UNC isn't good. Neither is VT

Sep 29, 2014, 2:02 PM [ in reply to "subpar wins" I guess you forgot they beat UGA which ]

ECU is a good team for their level, but they should not be up to BCS caliber. Sorry, not every team the coots play are world-beaters...proof by the Missouri loss.

Unless Temple and Indiana are suddenly powers.

Clemson

Re: The hype machine is back at full strength

Sep 29, 2014, 12:17 PM

Yea my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw Mizzou ranked by the AP. Yes, it was a good win against South Carolina...but it came after losing at home to Indiana. That's borderline 1AA.

While I totally agree, we have a problem

Sep 29, 2014, 12:29 PM

Does the SEC get way too much love - absolutely!

The problem is who do you rank? I thought Louisville would be good but they were neck-in-neck with WFU (no typo) AT HOME, VT looks like they will have one good win for the entire year (at OSU), Duke just got punked by a Miami team that lost to a marginal B10 in Nebraska, Miami finally beat a team with a pulse but haven't impressed, GT - who knows what they have as VT pretty much gave them the game, Pitt started well but have look pedestrian the past few weeks, NCSU - ??? maybe decent, UNC has zero defense, BC gets beat by Colorado State - ??, Cuse is terrible, UVA may actually be one of the better ACC teams.

Plus, the B10 looks pathetic overall. B12 have a few good teams and a lot of marginal/average teams. Pac12 is OK but UCLA destroyed what was believed to be a good ASU team.

My point is we have to give them something to vote for. FSU isn't the best team and everyone knows it but they are #1 and are living off that reputation. the SEC is living off their reputation.

IF, and it is a big if, we win out, we will be a top ten team by the end of the year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may not like it, but Scar does still have wins over 2

Sep 29, 2014, 12:31 PM

currently ranked teams in UGA, who we know is legit, and ECU who was able to do more at UNC than we could at home.
It is what it is.
I think both Clemson and Scar should still be in the 20s, but I'm just another internet hero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I may not like it, but Scar does still have wins over 2

Sep 29, 2014, 2:07 PM

UGA is not to legit our coaching staff just let them walk by trying to practice our pedestrian at best running game on them while they stacked the box. Even Stevie Wonder could see that if UGA dropped everyone in coverage 2 things 1) they couldn't cover 10 king size beds with the state of TX. 2) our running game can't hold the ball and stay on their feet meaning a 2.1 yards per carry average. In the words of Dennis Green "They are who we thought they were".

Not that it matters, but UNC played at ECU***

Sep 29, 2014, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I may not like it, but Scar does still have wins over 2 ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not that it matters, but UNC played at ECU***

Sep 29, 2014, 2:19 PM

and ECU showed the world just what UNC was!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like A&M...to go on the road, first game of the season and

Sep 29, 2014, 12:37 PM

beat an at least average coot team is still impressive. A&M looked polished on many of their drives.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:00 PM

Don't worry about the AP or Coaches polls due to the selection committee have their own poll. The Committee has already made it clear that alot of teams are not where they need to be. Ole Miss is a prime example, right along with LSU, Miss State, and A&M. A&M will lose to Miss state and Ole Miss may be crushed by Bama but then again Bama hasn't looked amazing so they'll say it's because two SEC power houses went head on.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:27 PM

This is all OUR fault. We messed up the alignment of the moons and stars by losing to UGA. UGA isn't really all that great (unless you look at our loss to them I guess), and USUC beat UGA. So that makes Mizzou > USUC > UGA > CLEMSON as far as polls go. We had our chance and blew the heck out of it. All this crap lies on our failures.

Sep 29, 2014, 1:43 PM

Oh but wait ..when all else fails they will pump ND

My friend, you are absolutely correct

Sep 29, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The hype machine is back at full strength ]

take care of our business and all is well...

I was simply using symbolism in the polls of being appallingly biased toward SEC teams. I would not be surprised to see all teams in the top 25 at some point this year, thats how sad it has become(of course I know this will not happen but still, its out of control).

Someone brought up the PO committee and while I think this system could be helpful, it still is sad that those who vote(AP) are doing so almost without knowledge of what happens in the games. They simply see Wins and Losses which is most important, but if you are allowed a vote then you should know more about the games than simple W or L, would everyone agree ??

The SEC bias in the polls is at a fever pitch. It's gross.***

Sep 29, 2014, 2:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic