Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Notre Dame finally not overrated this year???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Is Notre Dame finally not overrated this year???

Sep 21, 2015, 1:30 PM

I'm asking opinions bc I'm not really sure. The Texas win looked good but was at home and Texas is really bad.

Then they almost/should have lost to Virginia on the road.

The GaTech win was big but Tech one of those teams where if you can stop the system you look great.

What yall think?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think in order to get the win

Sep 21, 2015, 1:34 PM

we have to be nearly perfect all night. No sloppy mistakes like we made against Louisville with turnovers, penalties and kicking coverage. Eliminate those mistakes, and we will win...but it will still come down to late 4th quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

so you don't think they are overrated then?***

Sep 21, 2015, 1:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not even a little

Sep 21, 2015, 1:40 PM

UVA was an obvious trap game. As we learned Thursday, sometimes you just need to get out of a road game with a W. They found a way to do that. Texas may be bad, but ND obliterated them. To shut down GT says something because I didn't expect ND to win that game. They are not overrated, but they're also not unbeatable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Not even a little

Sep 21, 2015, 2:37 PM

> UVA was an obvious trap game. As we learned
> Thursday, sometimes you just need to get out of a
> road game with a W. They found a way to do that.
> Texas may be bad, but ND obliterated them. To shut
> t down GT says something because I didn't expect ND
> to win that game. They are not overrated, but
> they're also not unbeatable.

Whether ND is overrated or not, I will leave you guys to judge. No one is unbeatable. ND is certainly not unbeatable. ND's strength is its OL. We have some real studs on OL. Stanley is a probably top 10 NFL pick. I think ND is going to try to establish the run against you guys, although Kizer has a nice strong arm. At least one of you pointed out ND WR Fuller (#7). The guy is a playmaker. He has over 100 yards receiving in each of ND's three games so far. CJ Procise is running for over 100 yards per game.
I don't think you will be able to run much against ND. GaTech couldn't do so. If you are going to beat ND, it is going to have to be through the air. Clemson will have to stretch the field with a long pass or two and then add in some shorter passes.
Just my .02.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you have a ND board you can post on?

Sep 21, 2015, 2:46 PM

We'll run just fine on ND because we have other weapons to open it up. Procise and this ND WR Fuller sound like a couple of dooshes to me and your coach is a complete azzhat with a purple face.

Now give me a few hail mary's and GTPhO

Re: Don't you have a ND board you can post on?

Sep 21, 2015, 3:46 PM

> We'll run just fine on ND because we have other
> weapons to open it up. Procise and this ND WR Fuller
> sound like a couple of dooshes to me and your coach
> is a complete azzhat with a purple face.
>
> Now give me a few hail mary's and GTPhO

Fortunately, most of the Clemson posters have been more hospitable than you. You don't want to read my posts? Put me on ignore.

You must have forgotten you responded to my post and not

Sep 21, 2015, 3:58 PM

the other way around

Re: Don't you have a ND board you can post on?

Sep 21, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't you have a ND board you can post on? ]

If you don't like a Clemson fans response on a Clemson fan website. I suggest you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Not even a little

Sep 21, 2015, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Not even a little ]

I respect your opinion, but the big thing that NOBODY is talking about is: How Overrated is GaTech??? The answer is VERY Overrated. They left their starters in to blow out two cupcakes. Everyone talked about how dangerous J Thomas is because Tech finally had a QB who could pass. Well, if anyone bothered to acknowledge that Ga Tech is missing their ONLY, and I mean it when I say ONLY WR option from last year, they would notice that maybe J Thomas isn't a good passer. He would throw up floaters and the 6'4" WR they had last year was a great high pointing receiver. Now they have an equal WR corps to usuc (which is just absolute garbage).

So, now we are looking at an injured ND squad who stomped Texas, barely snuck by UVA, and beat an overrated Ga Tech team soundly, but by one TD.

Now you go on the road to one of the consistently hardest places to play in the nation, against an underdog hungry team that has over two weeks to prepare for you.

Good luck............, but it won't help.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Notre Dame finally not overrated this year???

Sep 21, 2015, 1:37 PM

John: If you saw the Virginia game, ND is very weak in pass coverage. The Virginia QB looked like an All Star. Watson will pass them dizzy if we run a wide variety of routes;;slants, down and outs, the ole button hooks to TE's. Make them cover the short stuff then go over the top. On D put Alexander on their big shot receiver and have Jayron cover deep. Stack the box and dare them to throw. We pick them off 2 times. Blitz their frosh QB. He'll spend a lot of that evening on his back looking up at the beautiful stars in Death Valley. Treat him like we did Braxton Miller. Hard, clean but very hard hits. He fold and when he does we take control of the game. On O run lots of wide screens, runs to make them defend the outside and to tire out their big, slow linemen. play uptempo.
I like us 35-13 or there about6s.

I dont think we'll be able to run against them

Sep 21, 2015, 1:43 PM

Watson will have to throw over 300 that day imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 1:48 PM

Undoubtedly they will come prepared, but two factors work against them. First our fan base has to be "loud and proud" throughout to disrupt their offense, our atmosphere is the biggest unexpected element opposing teams face. Second our speed in all areas must be used to our advantage. No vanilla play calling until we have a large lead. On average half a dozen plays determine an outcome. We will be challenged so having as few mistakes as possible will likely be the difference between a win or loss.

Go Tigers!

ND is very good, but some injuries has hurt them.

Sep 21, 2015, 1:52 PM

Their OL is the strength of the team. #7 is a great WR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

still overrated, but they have a good coach***

Sep 21, 2015, 2:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: still overrated, but they have a good coach***

Sep 21, 2015, 2:49 PM

IMO the jury is still out, as i think it is with most teams, they dominated texas, struggled against VA, and dominated GT (except for the last 90 seconds.)so we have seen the highs and low's of this defense, my guess is that they are somewhere in between on a given night. They have some playmakers on offense, and a decent supporting cast to take some of the pressure off of them, but as everyone knows, we have had some significant injuries. Personally, i think that we have more of a chance at clemson with Kizer instead of Zaire.

I think right now they have as much to be in the top 10 as anyway, but we will know more after we play you guys.

Yeah,

Sep 21, 2015, 3:13 PM

ND is just like USC. They win a few then somebody beats the flock out of them. They'll finish with a 8-4 or 9-3 record and probably beat some middle of the road SEC team and start the next season ranked in the top ten again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 3:48 PM

They look big and talented to me.

Texas win looked good? There are high schools with better

Sep 21, 2015, 4:02 PM

lines than Texas right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Did someone say "better lines?"

Sep 21, 2015, 4:25 PM

I just hope they don't screw everythin up by losing to UMass

Sep 21, 2015, 4:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic