Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I started a new project for a client in Columbus, OH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I started a new project for a client in Columbus, OH

Jan 26, 2017, 9:38 PM

Just finished the second week today. There is OSU crap ALL OVER that town and usually several people in the office will be sporting OSU gear. One fellow that sits near me in an open workspace wore his OSU pullover today. We haven't spoken to each other much, as he is not directly involved with the project. But today, he struck up a conversation.

He asked we where I was from and after I told him he asked kind of awkwardly, "Do they call you South Carolina or Marion?" (I've from Marion, btw). I guess there was some sort of inside joke that we was headed for but I couldn't resist...

I said "Well, seeing how I went to Clemson, they have been calling me National Champion, lately".

I'm sure this post didn't do it justice, but it was a riot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

start sporting your Clemson gear and I am willing

Jan 26, 2017, 9:59 PM

to bet, that they won't be talking much college football.:) Cool story

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: start sporting your Clemson gear and I am willing

Jan 26, 2017, 10:15 PM

Well I have not yet worn any Clemson gear to the office, but I always fly with the Paw. It is a rather large contract and I didn't want to #### them off right away. (I have worn an Orange tie, though.)

Speaking of flying, I fly out of a small airport (Florence) almost weekly. The TSA folks there know me well and it so happens that they are all Gamecock fans. We have always poked fun at each other about Clemson/Usuk, especially when the metal detector or "random selection thing" goes off.

Anyway, on my way home from Tampa, I ordered a 12" metal replica of the CFP trophy on the internet. It looks very cool, by the way, and it is surprising heavy. Well, I have been dreaming of putting that thing in my pocket and going through the metal detector. Then, act surprised like oh, that's just my national championship trophy.

Or just put it in my carry on, which is sure to show up suspiciously on the x-ray.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2017, 10:28 PM

Man, you gotta do it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then after that, put it on the hood of your truck as the

Jan 26, 2017, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: start sporting your Clemson gear and I am willing ]

hood ornament. They will love that at the job sites!

Love your idea. Have fun with it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Jan 27, 2017, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: start sporting your Clemson gear and I am willing ]

That's awesome! You might have to take that trophy up there before the gig is up. Proudly sit it on your desk!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2017, 1:21 AM

Yeah, I wanted to start the kickoff meeting by whipping out that thing and putting on the conference table, reminiscent of those "Black Rocket" commercials 20 years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5euPZuVbbY

But my director talked me out of it.

Jan 27, 2017, 7:56 AM

Fever - nice chatting with you at the Charlotte airport.
Man, you need to take that trophy up there in a similar briefcase next time you have a team meeting, start the meeting by showing this clip, and then pull that sucker out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Jan 27, 2017, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: start sporting your Clemson gear and I am willing ]

Please, please trophy in pocket every time you fly. We should make that our new. "$2 bill" where ever we go, when ever we fly!!! Need to find one about 6" tall so not too much trouble to carry around.

That would be pawsome ?? ?? ??

Could you post the link of the trophy replica?

Jan 27, 2017, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: start sporting your Clemson gear and I am willing ]

Thanks. Would like to get one of those.

Re: I started a new project for a client in Columbus, OH

Jan 26, 2017, 10:45 PM

Perfect response!

Jan 26, 2017, 11:41 PM

Be sure to go eat at the Hubbard Grill on High Street. Great place.

Watch out 4 those Nuts..

Jan 26, 2017, 11:59 PM

And Yours!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2017, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: I started a new project for a client in Columbus, OH ]

Ok i will. This is scheduled to be a 18 month project so if you have any other recommendations please share.

They make it so easy don't they.***

Jan 27, 2017, 7:13 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic